• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are You In Canada? Are You Good At IRL Karting? Ninty's Giving Winners Blue Shells!

HUELEN10

A5isn2D.jpg

Didn't see a thread for this, but Nintendo is holding several Canadian events to celebrate the launch of Mario Kart 8. 2 of these events are at actual go-kart tracks. First 500 people get a free race, and it seems the winners get the Nintendo World Store/European Bundle Exclusive Blue Shell Trophy/Prop. Like in the USA, they are also doing an early play event, this one at Best Buy. For virtual kart winners, they're giving away T-shirts. Finally, at the Best Buy event, they're giving away karting vouchers. Here's the full PR. I'd know I'd go if they had this stuff in the states. i think that whole Indy campaign was too little too early. Anyone agree? Might still go to the GameStop play early event this weekend though. Has any swag been announced for that?

DJIzana

Totally going to do this!

Lucky for those on the East Coast of Canada... as for me, I'll head to my local Best Buy for a chance at that voucher and to play the game early. Thank you for this! :D

jholmes

Man, why doesn't Nintendo ever put these things anywhere near Hamilton? With that said, I'm in Toronto one of those weekends anyway, so maybe I'll pop over.

Blues1990

As a Vancouver resident, I'll definitely drop by at my local Best Buy to play the game early, as well as to get that free go-kart gift card.

Top Bottom