• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MS now owns EdenFallsGame.com (site of the former mobile SciFi RPG by Brimstone)

ekim

untitledcfcmt.png

The site itself now only redirects to bing. Last week you were able to find some info about the SciFi game from Brimstone interactive. (Still in cache)

The Facebook page for the mobile game was also removed:
www.facebook.com/EdenFallsGame (cached version)

Question is:
Is Microsoft now publishing the said SciFi RPG or will they revive Eden Falls by Lionhead and thus bought the domains and other stuff like the Facebook domain, Twitter Account etc...

My bet is on the latter simply because they removed all references to Brimstone on these accounts. E3 will hopefully give more insight.

iMax

untitledcfcmt.png

The site itself now only redirects to bing. Last week you were able to find some info about the SciFi game from Brimstone interactive. (Still in cache)

The Facebook page for the mobile game was also removed:
www.facebook.com/EdenFallsGame (cached version)

Question is:
Is Microsoft now publishing the said SciFi RPG or will they revive Eden Falls by Lionhead and thus bought the domains and other stuff like the Facebook domain, Twitter Account etc...

My bet is on the latter simply because they removed all references to Brimstone on these accounts. E3 will hopefully give more insight.

It's likely just a name rights sale. It's probably Lionhead.

I would love to see Lionhead return to Survivors / Eden Falls, but I'm somehow pessimistic about the possibility. Perhaps it's neither, but a new game altogether?

blakep267

Wasn't there a twitter account for Eden Falls that listed Lift London as the developer?

I think it was either the brimstone site or the previous eden falls site mentioned lift london. Maybe it'll be a collar between lion head and lift london. who knows

what happened i thought this was supposed to be a mobile game ??
I think the previous game by brimstone that happened to share the same name was a mobile game. That game was a cyberpunk rig if Im not mistaken.

Wow, if Eden Falls turn out to be Lionhead's new project unveiled at E3, I'll gladly eat the crow.

I personally ( and still do) think that there's no way they'd reveal that project when Fable Legends hasn't even gotten a proper gameplay trailer.

I personally ( and still do) think that there's no way they'd reveal that project when Fable Legends hasn't even gotten a proper gameplay trailer.

Fable Legends is most probably going to be shown at E3, it's perfectly plausible that they would close the presentation with "oh, by the way, this is also what we're working on". Lionhead used to be a multiple team studio, but I don't know what their structure is at the moment.

And then again, it might not be a Lionhead game after all.

Feindflug

Fable Legends is most probably going to be shown at E3, it's perfectly plausible that they would close the presentation with "oh, by the way, this is also what we're working on". Lionhead used to be a multiple team studio, but I don't know what their structure is at the moment.

And then again, it might not be a Lionhead game after all.

http://www.totalxbox.com/69351/lionhead-hints-at-cutting-edge-new-game-not-necessarily-fable-legends/

OXM said:
Just a few days ago, Lionhead Studios posted up a job listing for a technical director to helm a "cutting edge" new game. A few days before that, the company also called for a senior services engineer to join its ranks "as a key contributor on an exciting and ambitious new title". Well now - got something you'd like to tell us, Microsoft?

Update: Thanks to the eagle-eyed Steve Burnley for sending me this heads-up. London-based animator Franck Laurin's LinkedIn profile suggests that up until September 2013, he was at Lionhead Studios working on both Fable Legends and an "unannounced project." The plot thickens.

The plot thickens indeed. :)

The plot thickens indeed. :)

Well, studios working on multiple games is normal. The question of whether or not we'd see them announced is a more nuanced matter.

I mean, Naughty Dog's job profiles are already talking about an unannounced project. I'd eat my hat (made of chocolate) if they announced it next year, much less this year.

Set expectations people. Microsoft doesn't trademark their xbox titles until after they are announced. Of all the game trademarks we know they have been registering, already two of them are revealed to be windows 8 games. Every game they announced at E3 last year wasn't trademarked until after the conference.

Ya'll hyping yourself up way too much :p

rrc1594

Wow, if Eden Falls turn out to be Lionhead's new project unveiled at E3, I'll gladly eat the crow.

Maybe if Fable is coming in Spring 2015, slow little teaser at E3 of lion heads new game.

Question is:

Possibly neither. They may just be protecting the Lionhead IP.

Possibly neither. They may just be protecting the Lionhead IP.

The Lionhead IP was also called Survivor at one point and was cancelled in 2007... I don't see why they would do all this to protect something that died 7 years ago.

Thats not to say it is or isn't Lionhead, but from that point of view, we're probably getting something called Eden Falls, otherwise why bother?

Dusky

The Lionhead IP was also called Survivor at one point and was cancelled in 2007... I don't see why they would do all this to protect something that died 7 years ago.

Thats not to say it is or isn't Lionhead, but from that point of view, we're probably getting something called Eden Falls, otherwise why bother?

Yeah I'd say it's pretty safe to say we're getting something called Eden Falls (awesome name btw).

What I want to know is what is Lift London's involvement with this, since we saw them listed on the twitter page at some point. Unless it was an error, this makes me sceptical that it truly is Lionhead's new game as Lift London are focusing on smaller scaled titles.

Is it possible Lift London are aiding Lionhead in the development of their new IP? Seems a bit far-fetched though.

zhao3gold

Banned
http://www.vg247.com/2014/05/14/eden-falls-game-microsoft-brimstone/

UPDATE: A source – who wishes to be left unnamed – has contacted VG247 regarding this story. As has already been made public, Eden Falls was once the working title for Lionhead’s Dimitri project which was canned after Microsoft bought the studio. Polygon has a big feature on the project’s lifespan here.

The source has added that while Eden Falls was once the setting of Dimitiri, it was later used as the original name of Milo & Kate.

They told us that in in Eden Falls, either Milo or Kate were the player’s friend and that they had to help them do things. The premise is that one day, instead of it being sunny, it’s raining, and suddenly Milo or Kate can’t find their parents. The player then goes on an adventure to help find them.

Treat the above as rumour until we get it confirmed or debunked officially. What do you think for now?

rrc1594

UPDATE: A source – who wishes to be left unnamed – has contacted VG247 regarding this story. As has already been made public, Eden Falls was once the working title for Lionhead’s Dimitri project which was canned after Microsoft bought the studio. Polygon has a big feature on the project’s lifespan here.

We know it got canned from before, but why did MS just buy EdenFallsGame.com is the real question.

ekim

The source has added that while Eden Falls was once the setting of Dimitiri, it was later used as the original name of Milo & Kate.

They told us that in in Eden Falls, either Milo or Kate were the player’s friend and that they had to help them do things. The premise is that one day, instead of it being sunny, it’s raining, and suddenly Milo or Kate can’t find their parents. The player then goes on an adventure to help find them.

Treat the above as rumour until we get it confirmed or debunked officially. What do you think for now?

Well they got the original story wrong. The concept art used is from the Lionhead project - the cached FAQ is coming from the Brimstone Project.

I like it how the very Polygon story they link to contradicts their source. Kate was a dog Milo befriends in the game.

Hopefully whatever it is, is a new large scale AAA IP. Even something smaller but episodic or something like that would be cool. Please, just no mobile or Kinect game.

Top Bottom