• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microcenter: Xbox One with Kinect $399, instore only.

Spineker

Banned
Dat stock clearout.

People might be shocked by this, but I wouldn't buy it on principle. The Xbox One Kinect was a terrible idea and it took MS almost a year to realize it then when they finally did, they threw developers and launch purchasers under the bus.

Dat stock clearout.

People might be shocked by this, but I wouldn't buy it on principle. Kinect was a terrible idea and it took MS years to realize it then when they finally did, they threw developers and launch purchasers under the bus.
Kinect on the 360 did pretty good no?

Dat stock clearout.

People might be shocked by this, but I wouldn't buy it on principle. Kinect was a terrible idea and it took MS years to realize it then when they finally did, they threw developers and launch purchasers under the bus.

You're right, I am shocked by this.

Very good deal though.

Bgamer90

Banned
Even if you don't want a Kinect, it's still a good deal because then you can just go and sell the Kinect.

Yep. Could end up pretty much having an Xbox One for $300 (which is by the way, how much I feel the system should be without kinect in the first place; & $400 with kinect).

If you've waited this long you may as well hang on a little longer until the kinect free xbone fails to sell too and they're forced to start bundling games and reducing the kinect free xbone price even more.

Gotta love those demand death spirals...

Spineker

Banned
If you've waited this long you may as well hang on a little longer until the kinect free xbone fails to sell too and they're forced to start bundling games and reducing the kinect free xbone price even more.

Gotta love those demand death spirals...

You probably shouldn't hold out for this. This SKU is gonna sell very well, maybe even as good as PS4 is selling. MS are gonna bring the heat at E3, I reckon.

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!

Bgamer90

Banned

"A little longer..."

Ehhh.... doubt there will be another drop and/or a cheaper SKU this year (2014) even if it still doesn't do as well as the PS4. Sales for the Xbox One are going to increase either way due to the upcoming Fall games.

Dat stock clearout.

People might be shocked by this, but I wouldn't buy it on principle. The Xbox One Kinect was a terrible idea and it took MS almost a year to realize it then when they finally did, they threw developers and launch purchasers under the bus.

Principles are great but when you can literally buy one and sell kinect getting kinect free SKU cheaper i don't see a problem :)

Oxn

I've passed on so many good deals just waiting for the White model. I hope I never regret it.

I know man, and I hate buying stripped down versions even though I dont really care for Kinect.

Gotta make some decisions.

Spineker

Banned
Principles are great but when you can literally buy one and sell kinect getting kinect free SKU cheaper i don't see a problem :)

That's a fair cop, I guess. I can't imagine why anyone would want to buy an Xbone Kinect on its own when up until this new SKU comes out in June, they would already get one with their Xbone lol

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
What a mess MS have got themselves into. They flooded the market with Kinect versions of the XB1, announce a Kinectless version, and now they're having to clear stock in order to make room for the Kinectless version in June, which creates a situation that makes the Kinectless version even less of a bargain. Incredible.

jacobeid

Banned
I'm smelling an Xbox One purchase on Black Friday for me. The deals are getting to be too good, and the exclusive lineup is strong enough for me to make the leap (if Forza Horizon is true).

~~Hasan~~

I don't get how people think sometimes lol. its all the same thing.

Xbox one + Kinect + titanfall/forza = 450$
Xbox one + Kinect - game = 400$

isn't Forza / Titanfall around 50$ new ?

in theory, we have this bundle since Titan fall release if not before. the difference is they bundled a game in it and whatever you like that game or not, you are stuck with it " BtW titanfall is game of the year for me so far. probably the only game I play so much to be honest"

also, the upcoming Xbox one bundle without Kinect for 400$ to me is a downgrade to the current prices for Xbox one + Kinect.

if you buy the Titan fall bundle for 450$, you can sell both the game and the camera and you will end up with 300 to 330$ Xbox one.

Special C

I would jump on this deal. the Kinect really enhances the overall experience (Mostly with Voice commands and IR blaster capability). I probably couldn't live with Xbox Record That and Xbox Volume up/down.

Thought I dont care one bit about motion controls and Kinect games.

Marcel

Hopefully this means that around the same time next year I can get the Xbox One without Kinect for $299 at Microcenter.

Naminator

Banned
Dat stock clearout.

LMAO.

Principles..........

Dat stock clearout.

This is one of the worst principles I have ever seen, and that includes the one James Belushi played and the shit film he did it in.

nynt9

But everyone who has a Xbox One already has a Kinect, and anyone who buys the Kinectless version dont want a Kinect.

Some people (researchers) want the Kinect but not the console. Some console owners break their Kinects.

Ascenion

This is what should have happened anyway. That deal is way too good to pass up. Kinect, though I hate to admit it, is crucial to the unique Xbox One experience, without it The XOne feels kinda uninspired.

Marvel

could never
I give up

iyp9jNviWf2Wg.gif

bananas

Banned
Dat stock clearout.

You should be more selective about what principles you want to adhere to in life. You'll miss out on a lot of stuff otherwise.

Being a good person to other people: A good principle to have.

Missing out on a good deal due to a video game peripheral being bundled: You can probably live without this one.

Top Bottom