• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X - CG trailer (PC/360/XB1/PS3/PS4, 2015, E3 Debut, Box Art, Info, UE3)

TheRook

Is it me or....Is Scorpions new design(while badass) looks very Assassin's Creed like?

New hood design, and the Spear looking like a hidden blade...especially on the official site artwork looks very similar to an Assassin Creed key art.

Now, I get it...Ninja and Assassin's are almost one and the same...yadda yadda, just thought it was interesting if other people thought the same thing.

Still Scorpion is still very MK...im hyped for this game.

bg.jpg

Shaanyboi

Banned
Is it me or....Is Scorpions new design(while badass) looks very Assassin's Creed like?

New hood design, and the Spear looking like a hidden blade...especially on the official site artwork looks very similar to an Assassin Creed key art.

Now, I get it...Ninja and Assassin's are almost one and the same...yadda yadda, just thought it was interesting if other people thought the same thing.

I'd say they liked the way the 'classic' costumes translated to 3D models, and thought it was a good look for Scorpion.

scorpion.jpg

It atleast offers more visual variety, while avoiding that ugly overly sculpted mask that he's had over the past couple games.

Khezu

It looks like they took heavy inspiration from some redesigns Vincent Proce did years back.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
For something that is obviously not in game, its nice.

But, you know, useless, really.

Ermac's alt costume (robes) in MK9 was the best. Hoping for more goodies like that in X.
I played through story mode last night start to finish with my friend in anticipation of this announcement and I must agree. When he showed up with it in story I said what a boss.

Kayjin

Neo Member
Some people seriously think the game will look like that, right after we saw what Watch_Dogs actually looks like. Really?

Albo

Correct TITLE, who tould you Unreal Engine 3? It is Unreal Engine 4 confrimed by Inreal Engine offcial twitter:

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/473453798242136064

Look for Unreal Engine comment

https://twitter.com/UnrealEngine/status/473458677823700992

Oh shit, nice

But why did this guy tweet they're using UE3?

Apparently it's made with Unreal Engine 3 like MK9 was.

At least that's how I would interpret this tweet by a guy who's description states: "North American Licensing for Epic's Unreal Engine"

Perhaps old engine for last gen like forza horizen 2 and UE4 for current gen?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Some people seriously think the game will look like that, right after we saw what Watch_Dogs actually looks like. Really?

There were people on this very forum that thought the PS3 proof of concept trailers were in game. There were also people that thought the Joachim guy on the gametrailers interview was an engine asset from Fox engine.

There are a lot of... let's be charitable and call them visually impaired people on GAF.

VariantX

Probably the best scorpion costume in MK history to me. Costumes got way too damn elaborate, flashy and down right silly looking over the franchise's life. It truly looks like an evolved version of the original costume. Sub-zero's face mask is awful though. Its like they learned a lesson with Scorp, but only after they f-ed up with Sub.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, looks like CGI. I really want to believe those would be the graphics on PS4/XBone.

For a proper experience:

Dub this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAwWPadFsOA

Over this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DhubZRnWw4

10x better, and it's funny how a marque number such as X wouldn't get a heavy dose of OG MK flavoring. Maybe e3 will have something in store. And yeah, animation us still bunk. Seems like they took in game assets - animation, models, text etc - and pre rendered with a choreographed fight sequence. It looks cool, but just feels really off - especially with that music....

Orayn

It's reasonable to have some doubts, but it seems like major downgrades would be far less likely in a closed environment with a fixed camera angle than in any kind of open world.

UE4 WILL BE ALWAYS UE4, nothing can be downgraded, look UE4 demo on ipad live in WWDC ON IPAD!!!!!!! very impressive. SO THIS IS GAMEPLAY! I use this engine.

looks at The Order 1886 >_>

why not?

i think that trailer could be a mix of gameplay and CG.

=================================

also, who is the main character of Mortal Kombat? Is it sub-zero, scoripion, or liu kang?

Nice! Also, glad to see Scorpion on the cover, as he is the best character of all Mortal Kombat
in my opinion :)

The new scorpion in this trailer is the same one with the hood from the new NetherRealms studio logo since they changed their logo. I wondered when they will use this new deisgn and they did it. Look at the Nether Realms logo.

Robot Pants

why not?

also, who is the main character of Mortal Kombat? Is it sub-zero, scoripion, or liu kang?
All three really. Mostly sub and scorpion.
If I has to choose one id say scorpion especially as of late.

Tekku

For a proper experience:

Dub this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAwWPadFsOA

Over this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DhubZRnWw4

10x better, and it's funny how a marque number such as X wouldn't get a heavy dose of OG MK flavoring. Maybe e3 will have something in store. And yeah, animation us still bunk. Seems like they took in game assets - animation, models, text etc - and pre rendered with a choreographed fight sequence. It looks cool, but just feels really off - especially with that music....

Where's that site where you can blend two different youtube movies?

Shaanyboi

Banned

why not?

i think that trailer could be a mix of gameplay and CG.

Liu Kang was always traditionally the hero, but everyone gravitates to Scorpion and Sub-Zero. And they've recently made Raiden more of a central character than before and moved away from Liu Kang.

Top Bottom