• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Wars Tease in Phantom Dust Trailer

Phantom Dust Trailer: dat poster on the left

DBZ1KlJ.jpg

1237367164.jpg

EDIT: Halo 2 Anniversary: Outskirts
Holy crap I saw a Halo Wars reference in the Outskirts mission! (I think)

Matches with 0:37

myYha76.jpg

Look at the billboard in the middle right of the screen.
theendisnear_zps4e82ab4d.png

"The End is Near".

No idea.
Soon.

Tablo

OMFG I would even take a remastered version and be happy, not sure if without Ensemble they could successfully make a good sequel...
Best RTS on a console, every. The controls were so goddam intuitive!

BraXzy

Wow, nice catch. The last time this kind of thing got spotted, Crackdown and Halo 5 were announced.

I have high hopes this is an actual tease for a new Halo Wars.

Unstable

How the heck did you see that? Anyways, I played the crap out of the first Halo wars and I would love a second. Question is, who would make it?

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Campaign was actually pretty fun, but every time I look at it I can't help but think about Microsoft killing off Ensemble.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Damn, that's... random?

Maybe they just needed assets?

Quite possibly, but MS has done a lot of weird hinting over the last year and a bit; both Fable Legends and Crackdown had non-descript dashboard icons in the original Xbox One reveal. Phantom Dust has been mentioned on the Xbox twitter a few times. So they definitely seem to be doing cheeky teasing.

Echo Six

Neo Member
Not sure, but I actually really enjoyed that game. I think it got a lot of flak, but making an RTS for consoles isn't quite easy..

I thought the general consensus was that it wasn't a smash hit but it was definitely a solid shot at a console RTS, arguably the best executed.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Oh hey they can get Ensemble to work on a sequ....

Oh right Microsoft shitcanned the lot of them for having one of the highest selling franchises in all of gaming.

Thanks for that Microsoft.

Gattsu25

Banned
Oh hey they can get Ensemble to work on a sequ....

Oh right Microsoft shitcanned the lot of them for having one of the highest selling franchises in all of gaming.

Thanks for that Microsoft.

They're still milking the goodwill that Ensemble built out of the Age of Empires name..having one of the great RTS devs working on a Halo MMO? Whoever the fuck greenlit that should have been the one shitcanned.

Human_me

Quite possibly, but MS has done a lot of weird hinting over the last year and a bit; both Fable Legends and Crackdown had non-descript dashboard icons in the original Xbox One reveal. Phantom Dust has been mentioned on the Xbox twitter a few times. So they definitely seem to be doing cheeky teasing.

Man I hope so.

A sequel to Halo Wars would make me drop everything and buy it.

Jrs3000

Oh man I'm all psyched. I'm going to play halo wars now on my 360. I hope we hear something definite next year.

Top Bottom