• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2014: $399 Xbox Ones "Flying Off The Shelves" at GameStop

Status
Not open for further replies.
PS Now is a rental service. Maybe you mean Plus?
I do realize I'm losing out on PS3 Plus titles, but I'm still getting Vita and PS4 titles which matter to me more. I also like that Microsoft is competing on that front, and at least I'll be able to keep my free 360 games.
Yeah I meant plus. Well with deals like that...if Xbox one doesn't win, that will be extremely telling.

Both WiiU & Vita still has more life time sales than Xbox one. If you check the charts regularly.. PS4, WiiU are holding its place. The stay within a 5 spot range. The $399 Xbox one SKU, started at 40 and dramatically fell down to 100 spot. The $499 Xbox one has been in the ~150th spot for almost 3 weeks.

It could mean that Xbone troubles are much bigger than people are assuming. If May NPD numbers come out and we find it sold in the ~20K range, it will be a disaster. 3rd parties will start bailing out, which will compound the problem.

In a sea of dumb posts, this one takes the crown, congrats.

npa189

I keep thinking I should buy one soon, but for what? There are games I would play on it, but sunset overdrive, forza and Halo MC aren't out until fall, this thing can only get cheaper until then and they could even do a bundle. I need to wait for that sweet, sweet bomba.

Duxxy3

I keep thinking I should buy one soon, but for what? There are games I would play on it, but sunset overdrive, forza and Halo MC aren't out until fall, this thing can only get cheaper until then and they could even do a bundle. I need to wait for that sweet, sweet bomba.

I doubt they'll do any bundling until the master chief collection. Summer is typically slow anyhow.

I have a hard time understanding why anyone would want to buy a XBoxOne even at that price. You are still getting a system that's blatantly inferior to the PS4 and any games advantage the XBoxOne is enjoying ATM is going to be reversed very soon. Only reason I could think of would be if you are a Platinum Games fanboy but Bloodborne makes that a poor reason.

Quantum Break, Halo 5 and that Platinum game. There, I gave you three!

I am hoping for a white model!

Hmm I'm curious if MS is willing to create a 5th SKU after the Day One, the TF bundle, the regular kinect, and most recently the kinectless SKU. All those bundles will be competing for consumers and any SKU failing to sell will put pressure on MS from retailers. It's why I think there might've been plans to have a real LE TF XB1 like the devs got but production was canceled due to overstock of already existing XB1's. I do think there will be a white XB1 eventually just not sure if it will make this holiday season

Naw, I wait till the game's I want appear. I love UC (my favorite series of last gen) and GOW, so I am looking at waiting till late 2015 to even consider PS4.

No way I wait till the end...that is just silly, imo, if you love games.

Makes no sense. Buy the games you love but far far cheaper. End of gen wins.

Lemondish

Quantum Break, Halo 5 and that Platinum game. There, I gave you three!

Have you seen Bloodborne?

On topic, as a PlayStation user who played a Remedy game once ten years ago, read the disgust from longtime Halo fans after the fourth entry, who can live without Platinum, and who has no previous connection or experience with most of the old Xbox properties they brought back at E3, I'm also finding it hard to see a reason to get one. At this point I'm looking at the Wii-U and thinking it's really close to selling me on the current and upcoming exclusives this holiday season - and it took 2 years for them to reach me.

Time is what I need - the time to see these exclusives release and be judged. Until then, I don't think any amount of hype will make me jump in.

I don't think he legitimately believes the Xbone sold ~20k, but if the Xbone were to start selling less than what is does now, you better believe publishers will take notice.

And do what? It's not like it will suddenly make them start supporting the U.

Publishers will do what they did when PS3 sales were incredibly dire, they'll keep bringing the games and hope sales pick up.

coldone

And do what? It's not like it will suddenly make them start supporting the U.

Publishers will do what they did when PS3 sales were incredibly dire, they'll keep bringing the games and hope sales pick up.

Square, Atlus, Capcom, Sega and so many pubs are in dire situations. PS3 days were far different from where we are today in the industry.

Do you think Disney etc will really care if Xbox is around or not ?. When you think of publishers it is not just the big three EA/Activison/Ubisoft. Lot of other games like Metro are published by small pubs.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
lol at the comments in this thread. People are convincing someone else that why isn't it good to buy Xbox One. At least try hard people. But Xbox at the end of gen to play all the exclusives? Playstation would make most sense in this regard since most of the exclusive are single player centric. Infamous, Order, Uncharted, God of war, Last of us etc. Even though some of them has multiplayer, those are the games known for their awesome campaign.

On Xbox you have Titanfall, Halo, Gears, Sunset Overdrive , Crackdown etc. Buy it at the end of the gen when the community is all gone? The most fun I had playing games in years was when Titanfall came out. Everyone was so hyped and talking about it. And I was playing it with them, I was in that hype. It wouldn't be half as fun if I would have bought the game right now let alone end of the gen.

What I am trying to say is if you like it, get it. And have fun. The console will be bundled with one game by the end of the year, so u end up saving 60$. But on the other side, you end up not enjoying xbox for 6 more months.

kitch9

Banned
The competitive FIFA players use Xbox as the main console.

Also Legends is still exclusive to Xbox for Ultimate Team, which is basically fantasy soccer, is extremely popular. The Ultimate Team community uses Xbox.

Xbox will see a spike in sales as I'm sure PS will just because of the timing where more people will buy consoles later in the year rather than now.

Lol.

Kayant

Where will 3rd parties bail to? PS4? Its not lighting the charts on fire either. As a matter of fact at this point in last gen Wii has outsold all three new platforms in the same month for the same period.

Loooool so what do you call being the top current gen console seller every single NPD month expect for one whilst outselling last gen. Even Mrx doesn't say something so silly.

The competitive FIFA players use Xbox as the main console.

Also Legends is still exclusive to Xbox for Ultimate Team, which is basically fantasy soccer, is extremely popular. The Ultimate Team community uses Xbox.

Xbox will see a spike in sales as I'm sure PS will just because of the timing where more people will buy consoles later in the year rather than now.

Is that so oddly enough PS4 sku outsells XB1 sku bascially every month in the UK. iirc same thing applies to US. Interesting right....

~~Hasan~~

Have you seen Bloodborne?

I am not sure if you are joking or not, but I will say this as a public reply and not directed to you. what does comparing other exclusive games from Sony or Nintendo has anything to do with MS exclusives ?

everyone of us here prefer different games. I find it really sad when someone says " what is the point of owning X system when there are these awesome games on Y system"

each system has its own exclusives that are nice. what YOU prefer doesn't mean it applies to me as well.

coldone

lol at the comments in this thread. People are convincing someone else that why isn't it good to buy Xbox One. At least try hard people. But Xbox at the end of gen to play all the exclusives? Playstation would make most sense in this regard since most of the exclusive are single player centric. Infamous, Order, Uncharted, God of war, Last of us etc. Even though some of them has multiplayer, those are the games known for their awesome campaign.

On Xbox you have Titanfall, Halo, Gears, Sunset Overdrive , Crackdown etc. Buy it at the end of the gen when the community is all gone? The most fun I had playing games in years was when Titanfall came out. Everyone was so hyped and talking about it. And I was playing it with them, I was in that hype. It wouldn't be half as fun if I would have bought the game right now let alone end of the gen.

What I am trying to say is if you like it, get it. And have fun. The console will be bundled with one game by the end of the year, so u end up saving 60$. But on the other side, you end up not enjoying xbox for 6 more months.

The thread is about.

Has Xbone turned the corner. Is sales picking up ?.
The answer looks like NO. Xbone sales have dropped significantly. It just sold well for 2-3 days, now it is languishing in the 90th place of gamestop best seller list.

Microsoft still has work to do. Either it can be price cut, announcing more exclusives or cloud tech. They need to do some thing to get xbone in the top 40 like other consoles (PS4 & WiiU).

Lemondish

Loooool so what do you call being the top current gen console seller every single NPD month expect for one whilst outselling last gen. Even Mrx doesn't say something so silly.

Not to mention that the Xbox One is still doing fairly decent (in the US) despite Sony's newfound dominance. The numbers aren't really that bad.

They're not super good, either, considering the relative importance of this market to Microsoft. They're nowhere near done, though. This will be a great gen for gamers with two major players for the foreseeable future.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I don't understand why people are using Gamestop charts: from what I've seen by checking them occasionally, they're quite less representative of possible general trends than Amazon's, because they're more core biased than them. Seeing both Amazon and Gamestop charts? Ok! Seeing only one of them? In the case, I'd prefer Amazon charts, and even those need filters for a decent analysis.
I mean, I know this thread talks about Gamestop talking about One sales, but I don't think using their charts for gauging general, nationwide trends is that useful.

P.S. About Kimawolf: well, he's not THAT wrong. PS4's April in US was "just" good, not "very good" as the main console for the gen should be, and we all know what's the current situation in Japan. Unfortunately, we don't have numbers for overall Europe, except for random updates (like the one from Spain), so we can't judge PS4 performance there.

Square, Atlus, Capcom, Sega and so many pubs are in dire situations. PS3 days were far different from where we are today in the industry.

Do you think Disney etc will really care if Xbox is around or not ?. When you think of publishers it is not just the big three EA/Activison/Ubisoft. Lot of other games like Metro are published by small pubs.

Not sure I agree that so many publishers are in dire situations and even if they were, stopping supporting for the X1 as they have for the U would only serve to make any bad situation even worse.

Rurunaki

$399 for the xbox one is really tempting. However, I'm still waiting for that white xbox one (per nktrl leak.) Also the thing that attracts me to the xbox one platform is actually the Kinect features.

I have a hard time understanding why anyone would want to buy a XBoxOne even at that price. You are still getting a system that's blatantly inferior to the PS4 and any games advantage the XBoxOne is enjoying ATM is going to be reversed very soon. Only reason I could think of would be if you are a Platinum Games fanboy but Bloodborne makes that a poor reason.

I've seen a few ridiculous posts, but this is number one.

Abdiel

He posted on this very page of this thread. He no longer can give such exact insights for fear of possible backlash

Yeah, I can't post the exact inventory numbers, though, those exact numbers stopped being as dramatic or really interesting once consistent shipments were readily available for both systems. Now it's more the trends I see looking over the various districts.

And, as far as I can see... The Kinectless bundle has sold some systems, it's selling. Just like the Original and TF bundles sell, just... not a lot. We've seen definite interest in the MC Collection, though it seems like most of the people pre-ordering it (and there's been quite a few), already have an X1. It hasn't been generating a lot of "Now I *have* to have one!" Maybe Halo 5 will be that big seller, but we're just not seeing like, a resurgence of potent interest, it's not accelerating things much, at least in the 5-6 districts I did a scan of.

The thread is about.

Has Xbone turned the corner. Is sales picking up ?.
The answer looks like NO. Xbone sales have dropped significantly. It just sold well for 2-3 days, now it is languishing in the 90th place of gamestop best seller list.

Microsoft still has work to do. Either it can be price cut, announcing more exclusives or cloud tech. They need to do some thing to get xbone in the top 40 like other consoles (PS4 & WiiU).

Don't forget that super hot Borderlands 2 Limited Edition PlayStation Vita Starter Bundle that's currently in 18th place! Damn, Vita future here we come!!! Perhaps you should take a step back and not focus so much on gamestop bestseller lists.

Bgamer90

Banned
Don't forget that super hot Borderlands 2 Limited Edition PlayStation Vita Starter Bundle that's currently in 18th place! Damn, Vita future here we come!!! Perhaps you should take a step back and not focus so much on gamestop bestseller lists.

Checked gamestop's list yesterday and the PS3 and Xbox 360 were higher than their successors too. Guess current gen is doomed.

Then wait :)

Has Xbone turned the corner. Is sales picking up ?
The answer looks like NO. Xbone sales have dropped significantly.

Gotten worse? damn. Can't wait to see the next few NPD's and the ppl saying "wait and see".

mluHtGX.jpg

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Yep at this point I'm hoping for a nice 1tb model bundled with a game or two for $400 holiday 2015 when shit gets real.

They aren't going to be increasing their costs by putting in a 1TB drive while they're still competing for marketshare. Especially when you can just plug a USB an drive in if you need more storage

mrklaw

MrArseFace

Friends. My son asked me about preordering FIFA 15, but he isn't sure whether to get it on PS4 or XB1. He liked FIFA 14 on PS4, but more of his friends are likely to be getting Xb1s this autumn (they mostly had 360s before), so he might get it on that instead.

Yoda

What hasn't been fully addressed yet is the power differential between the PS4 and X1. Right now even among non-enthusiasts people generally know the PS4 has more horsepower under the hood. With this generation most likely having the least amount of first-party exclusives between either company, how these machines handle third-party games will become even more important than it was last generation. This isn't an issue Microsoft has the ability to address overnight though. Freeing up some of the GPU reserve from Kinect motion tracking was a smart move, but I don't think it will bring it inline with the PS4, just narrow the gap. A price-cut to 349 would be the most obvious choice; given the price-cut was only $100, I assume going lower at this point would equate to them selling the console at a loss. Finally I don't think strong exclusives are going to win the game (for either company). Just look at Sony's success in the U.S. Microsoft pummeled them in this market last gen and now will come in third place next month in monthly sales behind two Japanese companies. Sony at best has an equal games library to Microsoft and a lot of people claim a far weaker library. Despite this fact it continues to outsell Microsoft nearly 2:1.

Yoday

Yeah, I can't post the exact inventory numbers, though, those exact numbers stopped being as dramatic or really interesting once consistent shipments were readily available for both systems. Now it's more the trends I see looking over the various districts.

And, as far as I can see... The Kinectless bundle has sold some systems, it's selling. Just like the Original and TF bundles sell, just... not a lot. We've seen definite interest in the MC Collection, though it seems like most of the people pre-ordering it (and there's been quite a few), already have an X1. It hasn't been generating a lot of "Now I *have* to have one!" Maybe Halo 5 will be that big seller, but we're just not seeing like, a resurgence of potent interest, it's not accelerating things much, at least in the 5-6 districts I did a scan of.
This makes perfect sense to me. Everyone is always trying to point to that one big system seller exclusive title, but it really seems like the days of people buying consoles for exclusives are coming to an end for the majority of people. It's the big third party games that sell systems these days, and where people get them will be determined by where the better third party games are, and where their friends are playing. A new Halo is going to do more in convincing someone to pick up a secondary system than it will to convince someone to get an XB1 over a PS4. As long as people believe that the PS4 is the better multi-platform console, then no exclusive is going to convince them that the XB1 is a better buy unless their friends are already playing there.

I personally plan on eventually getting an XB1, but there isn't any one exclusive that is going to make me get one. I buy a system for multiple games, and since I have no intention of ever playing a third party game on the XB1, there has to be a lot of exclusives that I want to play in order for me to be able to justify the cost. Part of it also has to do with the fact that not only do I need multiple exclusives to play, but I need the time to play them. Based on the flow of games coming out from September through Spring of next year, I probably won't end up getting an XB1 until next Summer when I will have time for it, and by then I will also be able to get the exclusives that I want at a much cheaper price.

big_z

ill wait for sales numbers next month but ive seen quite a few people pick up Xboxes since the price drop. only 1 mother buying a ps4 for her kids and oddly a ton of Mario kart 8 bundles moving to the point they're rare to find. this is in Canada though so ps4 is at a price disadvantage.

beercr8te

Banned
If you're just getting it for exclusives, smarter to wait til the end of generation and get it at fire sale prices. This is the easiest gen ever to wait since you have to buy online for it.

First time ever I'm not buying all three day one and I'm free!

No point in waiting years to play in my opinion, the games are certainly coming to both next gen consoles, plus all the stuff coming out with games with gold and ps plus.

Damn this became an Xbox Doom thread quick last time I checked it everything was all good.

Just about every positive X1 thread gets littered with negative and hateful replies from people who have never touched the system. It's a shame that this is happening so much on Gaf. It's really tiring now.

RoKKeR

Love the trend in here of using online retailer best selling lists to forecast overall sales for a console. Great stuff.

Kusagari

Playstation stuff has always weirdly sold extremely good on Amazon. Even last gen on multiplats that favored 360, the PS3 version more often than not would be selling more on Amazon.

Amazon charts are fun to look at but they really don't tell anything.

This makes perfect sense to me. Everyone is always trying to point to that one big system seller exclusive title, but it really seems like the days of people buying consoles for exclusives are coming to an end for the majority of people. It's the big third party games that sell systems these days, and where people get them will be determined by where the better third party games are, and where their friends are playing. A new Halo is going to do more in convincing someone to pick up a secondary system than it will to convince someone to get an XB1 over a PS4. As long as people believe that the PS4 is the better multi-platform console, then no exclusive is going to convince them that the XB1 is a better buy unless their friends are already playing there.

I personally plan on eventually getting an XB1, but there isn't any one exclusive that is going to make me get one. I buy a system for multiple games, and since I have no intention of ever playing a third party game on the XB1, there has to be a lot of exclusives that I want to play in order for me to be able to justify the cost. Part of it also has to do with the fact that not only do I need multiple exclusives to play, but I need the time to play them. Based on the flow of games coming out from September through Spring of next year, I probably won't end up getting an XB1 until next Summer when I will have time for it, and by then I will also be able to get the exclusives that I want at a much cheaper price.

I think exclusives still play a huge part in people's decisions on which console to buy (if they only own one). Obviously Halo 5 will be the must have game for a lot of people but I still think the new gears, sunset overdrive & quantum break are unique enough titles compared to the PS4 that will sell xbox ones.

Noob Fu

I have a PS4 and will continue to get the 3rd party games there, but that Halo has me salivating. No other FPS talks to me like Halo. I will wait for the inevitable bundle though. Really no other xbox exclusives do it for me. I might get Crackdown down the line but it's not pulling my strings to get it. Only Halo. I sometimes think it's dumb to get it just for that, but I will. Bring on the Halo themed console Microsoft!!!

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Friends. My son asked me about preordering FIFA 15, but he isn't sure whether to get it on PS4 or XB1. He liked FIFA 14 on PS4, but more of his friends are likely to be getting Xb1s this autumn (they mostly had 360s before), so he might get it on that instead.

I have all three systems, and I mainly use my Xbox One because most of my friends play and/or planning to get an Xbox One as they transition from 360. The online ecosystem matters far more to me than any technical specifications.

I also prefer navigating the Xbox One UI over the other two systems, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom