• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kirby Triple Delux or Watch Dogs?

Okay, long story short I've limited myself to buying one game a month, with the exception of incredibly cheap deals when I can find them. These are the two games I'm looking at and I need help choosing, the perks of watchdogs are that I love open world games and Ubisoft seems to have made something unique, but after the long dev cycle of the game and all the controversy my hype has deflated, as for Kirby, I love the franchise and he's my favorite nintendo character, but my understanding is that it was a bit disappointing, so any help gaf?

L~A

I'd go with Kirby Triple Deluxe, because I'm sure you'll be able to find Watch_Dogs for "dirt cheap" in a few months (like all AAA games). On the other hand, KTD (which isn't disappointing) is probably gonna stay at its current price for a long while (ie: forever... probably).

AngryKirby

Neo Member
Kirby Triple Deluxe is the best 3DS game in my unbiased opinion so you should definitely add it to your game collection

Kazerei

Banned
Kirby Triple Deluxe wasn't disappointing to me at all. It's one of the better straight-up Kirby platformers.

Marcel

Watch_Dogs if you want functional shooting/action gameplay with a shallow story and one of the biggest douche protagonists that I can recall. Lots of Ubisoft open-world busywork if that's something you enjoy doing.

Kirby Triple Deluxe is just a solid Kirby title all around. I can't really speak to people's specific expectations but if you know Kirby games, you won't be disappointed.

you came to the wrong place dude, WD gets THE hate in this forum.

Even if you take into consideration only the good points of WD, Kirby is still a better game imo.

Also it'll be easier for you to have WD for cheap later if you really want this game.

Which one sucks like a vacuum? I don't think there's any debate here

Seriously though, you seem to love kirby and you are a little skeptical about watch dogs, so try to see a video about it. Watch dogs seems to be very fun too, specially if you love open world games

phanphare

Banned
Kirby if only because Watch_Dog's price will inevitably drop

and without playing either of them I'd bet Kirby is the better game

Watch Dogs because Kirby is nothing more than a joke. Seriously. Watch Dogs is all you want. Forget Kirby.

Why is Kirby nothing more than a joke? Several people in this thread, myself included, enjoyed it more than WD, and found it to be the best in the franchise since Super Star.

As an open world game WD is okay, but it has such a terrible, nonsensical story it draws everything about the game down. If you can get past that, then you can enjoy the game

Also, have you considered Wolfenstein? It is pretty awesome - and this is coming from a guy who had pretty much given up on the FPS genre as a whole in recent years.

Adam Blue

I had both games, but got bored of WD easily (could be because I had just done another open-world game with Second Son?). I played all of Kirby and the extra modes are really fun.

MrBadger

I don't think I've picked up a consensus that Triple Deluxe was disappointing. I really liked it and I'm still not done with the post-game stuff. The
True Arena
is 2hardcore.

Marcel

As an open world game WD is okay, but it has such a terrible, nonsensical story it draws everything about the game down. If you can get past that, then you can enjoy the game

Also, have you considered Wolfenstein? It is pretty awesome - and this is coming from a guy who gave pretty much had given up on the FPS genre in recent years.

With all the talk of price drops, you can rest assured The New Order is another game you can get a good price on if you wait.

goldenpp72

Kirby Triple Deluxe is the first or second best Kirby game ever made, next to Super Star. It takes a proud dump on Adventure/Dreamland series/64/Return to Dreamland. The balance and design is the most well done the series has seen, with the only nagging problem being no co op. Keep in mind, i'm not a gamer who proclaims every new entry in the series as the next best game, the series has always been B tier for it's mainline entries aside Adventure (for its time) and Kirby SS to me, so finding out this one had such immaculate design, graphics, music and modes of play was a big surprise.

I don't have the slightest idea what Kirby Triple Deluxe is, but I did play through Watch Dogs. I can confidently say, get the former, whatever in the world it is.

Astarte

I played through both and I have to say that I felt emotions like happiness while playing kirby, rather than being perpetually confused and angry while playing WD. Get kirbs.

I've put in maybe 2 hours into Watchdogs, an hour each session and I simply can't bring myself to play it, it's just sitting there and I never want to pick it up.
Didn't care about the characters at all, the hacking felt like a gimmick. I hate to use that word, but it's the only way I feel I can describe it. It wasn't technical or exciting, just "press to stop the cops" usually or using cameras to get the advantage (which reminded me of Ghost Recon).
The controls weren't too great. Most people know about the car controls not being great, but I even felt like the on foot controls were just... off.
I guess it was kind of neat with all the AI's having a personality profile and chuckling at some.

Kirby on the other hand... rock solid side scrolling platformer. If you love the puff ball, go for it. Don't know what else to say, it's a good Kirby platformer.

Marcel

I don't feel it at all. It's way too easy as well. Graphics didn't do much either. Wasn't a fan of the gameplay. Pls understand.

Watch_Dogs is easier than Kirby. Bullet time. Silence pistol. Headshot. Button press melee kill if you prefer. Rinse. Repeat.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Kirby, without a doubt.

Pick up Watch Dogs at $10 at the end of the year if you still feel like playing it.

Kirby was fantastic. I was never a huge fan of the series but Triple Deluxe changed that.

Watch Dogs looks like every other Ubisoft game with countless bars to fill and a laundry list of useless collectables.

aparisi2274

Okay, long story short I've limited myself to buying one game a month, with the exception of incredibly cheap deals when I can find them. These are the two games I'm looking at and I need help choosing, the perks of watchdogs are that I love open world games and Ubisoft seems to have made something unique, but after the long dev cycle of the game and all the controversy my hype has deflated, as for Kirby, I love the franchise and he's my favorite nintendo character, but my understanding is that it was a bit disappointing, so any help gaf?

I have both, so get Kirby!

emb

I mean, they're practically the same game. Just flip a coin. :p

Obviously it just depends on what you like. I'll personally throw in an arbitrary vote for Kirby. That kind of light hearted, relaxing action game is generally a good time.

zroid

Banned
I don't know who told you Triple Deluxe was disappointing, because far from it. One of the best "traditional" Kirby games, period.

goldenpp72

I don't feel it at all. It's way too easy as well. Graphics didn't do much either. Wasn't a fan of the gameplay. Pls understand.

Are you trying to imply Watch Dogs is a challenging game? You come off as a very close minded type in that post.

Xav

Kirby Triple Deluxe

Big budget "AAA" games like Watch Dogs are almost always boring, repetitive and disappointing.

grumpy

Like others said, WD will soon find its rightful place in the bargain bin section of game e/shops. Go for Kirby and then pick up WD when it will go down in price.

you came to the wrong place dude, WD gets THE hate in this forum.

Because Watch Dogs is terrible? It's like a copy of GTAV, but bad. Why not just play GTAV?

Kirby is amazing though. :p
But. If I had to throw my opinion in, I would say to get the new Donkey Kong if you don't already have it.

Paskil

Kirby Triple Deluxe is the best 3DS game in my unbiased opinion so you should definitely add it to your game collection

AngryKirby
cF9dXK7.png

lol

Marcel

Are you trying to imply Watch Dogs is a challenging game? You come off as a very close minded type in that post.

It's only challenging if you try to do a no-kill run using the takedowns. Aiden's lethal weapon arsenal absolutely decimates his enemies and addition of bullet time and contextual hacking kills just makes it ridiculously easy.

phanphare

Banned
I don't know who told you Triple Deluxe was disappointing, because far from it. One of the best "traditional" Kirby games, period.

probably "professional" reviews

Watch Dogs is great, especially if you enjoy just exploring beautifully done open world cities. It is the best at it yet, until GTA5 comes. Gameplay and especially multiplayer are strong too though.
Never played or will play Kirby, so no idea about that.

huh?

Denton

Watch Dogs is great, especially if you enjoy just exploring beautifully done open world cities. It is the best at it yet, until GTA5 comes. Gameplay and especially multiplayer are strong too though.
Never played or will play Kirby, so no idea about that.

Top Bottom