• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I am, restrictively, giving away a lifetime Steam account (see inside)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The conditions:

Since I've the space to use, I thought this might be fun:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- MEGA GIVERS ONLY! You must have given away at least 25 games through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

vH8YNdj.jpg
Family Sharing access to JaseC's account -- MB-A43DBA50E95E0FC5 - Taken by Enco. 117 entrants total.

t1404673514z1.png

If anybody thinks they can attempt to get away with submitting a support ticket with Valve to claim ownership, I can only say that I've been using the same PayPal account and the same debit card for the past several years, and have many physical copies of games to submit as evidence...

...so, basically, don't be stupid. You won't get far. Be smart, though, and, well, you'll more or less never have to pay for another Steam game again.

Good luck.
I'm sure this goes without saying, and I'll edit this into the OP as well as the giveaway post, but if the winner -- regardless of the intention -- triggers any sort of ban, access will be revoked. Again, don't be stupid. ;)

I realise many who don't frequent the Steam thread will be ineligible, but I figure I best make the giveaway as widely known as possible.

Edit: Fixed the embarrassing and erroneous double-negative.

How Family Sharing works:
Essentially, the winner will be granted access to every game I own that isn't set to be excluded from Family Sharing. At present, the feature doesn't allow for concurrent library access and is disabled in Offline Mode, and so if I were to load up a game while the winner were playing something, he/she would be given a short warning period before being booted out of the game. Fortunately, though, I don't play many games and I'll work with the winner to organise a schedule in cases where our intentions clash.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
What is a lifetime steam account?

Does the steam TOS allow transferring accounts?

Storm360

You are braver than I am, I don't even family share to friends because i'm worried about my account

Be careful.

oti

Banned
That's really nice of you, isn't the Family Sharing restricted to times you're offline though?

Jørdan

Sweet JaseCus. Going to make someone very happy with that man. Not even close to eligible, so best of luck to all entrants.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Am I seeing things right? 3200 games?

BibiMaghoo

I'm not sure I understand what is happening here. You are giving away the login details for your Steam account? Or access to it via sharing of some kind?

I'm not eligible, but not sure I would enter if I was. Why would you do this with an amazing collection you clearly enjoyed buying and playing, as hugely generous as it is?

StuBurns

Banned
JaseC, you have to give us some details, how did this come about?

EDIT: Oh, it's a family sharing thing, I thought it was your account. Wise.

How do I find out how many games I've given away? It's probably less than 25 in my lifetime but it'd be interesting to find out.

I believe for Mega Giver status you have to give away 25 games and it resets every three months (so 25 games every three months?) not sure though.

Edit: Nevermind, it's just 25 games. Also, send a message with "my loot" in the body to modbot to get a list

Top Bottom