• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Harada says he has something to announce during EVO finals

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Via the EVO Thread:

Harada said on the Tekken stream that he has something to announce right before USF4 finals on sunday

Just wanted to let people know that may not be keeping up with EVO but are interested in a potential Tekken 7 or SCVI or TKxSF (re)announcement.

This would happen at 5:30PM PST / 8:30 EDT this Sunday.

iY0krERLU9E3P.png

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
There's no way it's Pokken, Nintendo wouldn't let Harada announce it, especially outside of a Direct. Still don't understand why people are attaching that to Namco either necessarily.

My bet is on TxSF. The time is right.

EDIT: Can a mod change the title to "announce"? I fucked up :(

I'm hoping for Tekken 7. TTT2 was so great, I can only imagine a T7. Tekken players like me just don't care for anything Street Fighter or a crossover.

Dreaming of a pokken teaser. Realistically expecting just about anything else.
WTF is Pokken? Does that have to do with Pokemon?

I'm going with Tekken x Street Fighter.

Nintendo showed a teaser that looked vaguely like a 3d fighting game with 2 pokemon staring each other down, didn't explain shit about it, and trademarked the title Pokken. The name has the internet assuming it's a vaguely tekken-like and a Namco collaboration, based on the name and the current smash bros collaboration.

There's no way it's Pokken, Nintendo wouldn't let Harada announce it, especially outside of a Direct. Still don't understand why people are attaching that to Namco either necessarily.

yep. and on commentary Rip and Aris even went "Harada announcing before USF4? oh my what could it be *wink wink*"

Agreed.

Pokken is rumoured Pokemon Fighting game that uses tekken-esque fighting system. The term 'Pokken' was trademarked by nintendo on two seperate games.

Dreaming of a pokken teaser. Realistically expecting just about anything else.

Nintendo showed a teaser that looked vaguely like a 3d fighting game with 2 pokemon staring each other down, didn't explain shit about it, and trademarked the title Pokken. The name has the internet assuming it's a vaguely tekken-like and a Namco collaboration, based on the name and the current smash bros collaboration.

Oh, well that sounds strange. But I do like both Tekken and Pokemon, so sounds interesting to me!

Let's set the bar low.

A new character for Tekken F2P.

Way to deflate the hype.

Watch, you'll be right.

kasane

pokken is a pokemon fighting game?

i remember dream of that 10 years ago but it was more like smash bros that is pokemon only

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
If its right before USF4 then its probably Tekken x Street Fighter. Its related to the main event and Harada knows better than to let a global audience of hundreds of thousands down.

NotLiquid

Pokken wouldn't be too weird considering Nintendo are sponsoring EVO with a lot of gusto this year, but I doubt that's it. TxSF is the more likelier contender here but I would personally put the bar even lower than that.

Mr-Joker

Banned

This pretty much, if anyone is going to announce Pokken it would be in a Nintendo in a direct and not at EVO.

Plus if Pokken really exist it will be announced long after Smash Bros has been released, Nintendo isn't going to release two fighting games at the same time.

Top Bottom