• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fatal Frame: Nuregarasu no Miko trailer + screenshots (Sep 27 in Japan)

L~A

Looks like that date was actually for the game itself. Just shown during the NicoNico stream. September 27 in Japan, and title is Zero: Nuregarasu no Miko. Official trailer and official website: here! (compilation of all video clips: here!)

Some details from Gematsu:

The horror adventure game is the series’ biggest volume yet. It is set in Hikamiyama, a sacred mountain with a huge lake at its summit from which water gushes abundantly throughout the mountain. It’s a mountain of death, and only those who choose on their own to die go there. They enter the mountain at oumagatoki (the witching hour), when the boundary between the world of the living and the world of the dead is blurred. The game’s story revolves around the concept of water.

Protagonist is Kozukata Yuuri, and she can sees people who have been spirited away (of course, she can bring them back to the world of the living). She goes to Mount Hikamiyama (dubbed the "Moutain of Death") to find her missing friend.

The Wii U GamePad will act as a “Projection Machine,” which can be controlled like a real camera. You can move the camera to follow ghosts according to its movements, setting up both vertically and horizontally, and shooting while looking around the environment.

The theme song is performed by AnJu, and is called "Higanbana"

First official screenshots from 4Gamer.net:

atakzb.jpg

U4LUAD6.png

0034ajb9.jpg
0049jjnv.jpg
005d2jez.jpg

006e2j5h.jpg
0075hjdn.jpg
008j5jv7.jpg

009bhk28.jpg
0107jksv.jpg
011qtktv.jpg

012hik4c.jpg

Some gifs:

Zero : Nuregarasu no Miko comes out on September 27 in Japan (one day after the movie), and will cost 6660 Yens (without taxes, I believe). No word on a western release so far, unfortunately.

Neat, you can actually run instead of slowly frolic now! Want to see better quality footage but I'm really excited for this, hopefully it gets localized relatively quickly.

Kyo645

Banned
NOA...I Can forgive you for those club nintendo platinum rewards..But i will not forgive you if you dont bring this over!!

synce

My jaw dropped when they announced the date. I hope NOA had the foresight to try and localize this before halloween

Arklite

Is this franchise still on point? It's not going through different teams or whatever like Silent Hill or identity changes like RE?

Mariolee

Nintendo keeping the ball rolling. Never played a Fatal Frame game though before. Way too terrifying with its jump scares.

Sayah

I'll be interested when it gets localized. Seeing as Nintendo didn't bother to do this with the Wii game, I'll keep my hopes low.

Western release please! I'm looking forward to Captain Toad and Rainbow Curse, but a little thematic variety is always nice. Nintendo showed they can still be aggressive at E3, now let's hope they make full use of the software at their fingertips.

Shun

「零」濡鴉ノ巫女

Full JP Title to add to the OP.

They publicly acknowledged the English name, Fatal Frame, rather than (Project) Zero and Western fans so there is an 80% chance that it will come out for the West.

whoops typo.

「零」濡鴉の巫女

Full JP Title to add to the OP.

They publicly acknowledged Fatal Frame and Western fans so there is an 80% chance that it will come out for the West.

Google Translate:

"Zero" moisten Full Witch Crow

Okay then.

It detected it being Chinese, Japanese showed this:

Miko "zero" 濡鴉

What's the proper translation?

Neff

I wouldn't worry about a lack of translation. Wii U desperately needs games and this is one. I also doubt Nintendo would embark on an enterprise this costly if they only intended to release it in Japan.

And honestly, who wouldn't want to take photographs of ghosts with a Gamepad?

Nintendo released Spirit Camera in the west, so I'd say there's a very small possibility this gets localized.

I'm not getting my hopes up though, that's for sure.

sphagnum

Banned
My Japanese is super rusty but it seems like it's something like "Shrine Maiden of the Wet Crow" or the wet crow part may be actually referring to a color so something like Crow-Black Shrine Maiden. I don't know. Don't listen to me.

I'm betting no localization will happen. Or, even if there is, no release in America for the foreseeable future.

I'd love to be proven wrong, but there's been literally no indication they're even kind of looking at a western release of this game.

NateDrake

Though it is highly unlikely I'll get any information, I can ask some NoA reps on Friday about the odds of this title coming to the USA.

Shun

Google Translate:

"Zero" moisten Full Witch Crow

Okay then.

It detected it being Chinese, Japanese showed this:

Miko "zero" 濡鴉

What's the proper translation?

濡鴉 doesn't translate well to English as the characters that make up the word is 濡 "to get wet" which is also a play on words for "make love". The setting takes place on "Death Mountain" and as you see in the trailer it's quite wet. I'd guess that Nuregarasu ties in with tengu or some other kind of youkai but it's something that doesn't translate well.
The second character 鴉 translates to raven.

Miko (巫女) means Shrine Maiden.

It's basically Zero: Shrine Maiden of Nuregarasu.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I'm betting no localization will happen. Or, even if there is, no release in America for the foreseeable future.

I'd love to be proven wrong, but there's been literally no indication they're even kind of looking at a western release of this game.

Your just negative nancy today

miksar

It will most likely be out in the west in 2015. Not that many Wii U games are in development after all, so Nintendo can't afford not localizing this one.

Your just negative nancy today

There have been more Nintendo-published Fatal Frame games skipped over for localization than there have been ones released in the west. By about 100%.

I know people think that they need games and that's why this one will come here, but Nintendo falling down is rarely sufficient impetus for them to flip on precedent.

The ending of that trailer with the girl walking behind her with her head.....

Yeah that was really good.

I have no belief in a release this year but I think it could happen next year. Tecmo and Nintendo have been pretty close with Hyrule Warriors. Also the president mentioned how it was called Fatal Frame in America. Finally they're localizing Devil's Third. I think the chances of a localization of an established horror series that shows off the Gamepad isn't bad.

Neff

There have been more Nintendo-published Fatal Frame games skipped over for localization than there have been ones released in the west. By about 100%.

To be fair, Zero 2 Wii Edition was translated and voiced for Europe, although I could see how US players might have reservations.

I know people think that they need games and that's why this one will come here, but Nintendo falling down is rarely sufficient impetus for them to flip on precedent.

One of those was broken. The other was localized in Europe but in 2012. I can understand with the Wii dead at that point and Wii U coming why resources weren't spent.

Top Bottom