• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 FW 1.75 coming soony (3D Blu-ray support) #4theplayers

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
@PlayStationEU 6:00 PM
Coming soon: PS4 system software update 1.75 adds 3D Blu-ray film support. #4ThePlayers

You gotta be kidding me

@PlayStation_jp 7:00 PM
来週実施!PS4™のシステムソフトウェアアップデート1.75により、Blu-ray 3Dの再生に対応! #PS4

Apparently coming next week?

Yep.

@PlayStation 7:05 PM
Coming next week: PS4 system software update 1.75 adds 3D Blu-ray film support. Woo-hoo!

Metfanant

The timing of 3d Bluray support in this update is suspicious as hell to put it lightly...Sony's entire firmware team needs to be laid off...

mreddie

xXE4EQe.jpg

Shawn128

I wonder if this got bumped up because of the next Xbox firmware update?

It did seem suspect that Xbox would have 3D Blu-ray support sooner than PS4.

mattp

did anyone have problems with their profile picture after the last update? I just have mine setup to use whatever my facebook pic is but after I updated my pic just shows up as a black box of with one of those uh... circles with the line through it haha

I wonder if this got bumped up because of the next Xbox firmware update?

It did seem suspect that Xbox would have 3D Blu-ray support faster than PS4.

yeah, i wouldn't be surprised if they had this sitting there waiting for QA and bug fixes and fast-tracked it

VanWinkle

Wow, the reaction in here is so different than the thread with the XB1 firmware announcing 3D Blu-Ray support, lol.

Stefan™;122380489 said:
Playing catch up I see.

Yeah, how long has XB1 had the feature, again?

Mister D

I can't tell the last time I played an actual bluray by putting a disc in something. I rip all my discs to my media server and stream them with XBMC and my main TV doesn't have 3D so if that is the only feature they are adding then this is yet another useless update from Sony for me. I'm still waiting for Suspend/Resume, more useful video apps like Youtube, Custom Soundtracks, and DLNA for the hell of it. Also, getting the video record to actually record what the fuck it's supposed to would be greatly appreciated as well.

The End

I've been looking forward to this

Now let me play videos off of a USB stick and release HBO go and I can pack up the PS3

(well, no, not really but still)

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I will add this to my list of things to use as ammunition in the next firmware thread YUUUSSSS

Called it. Xbox announces 3d bluray support coming soon so of course Sony was going to do the same.

Theyre perfectly content to sit on their asses until their competitor forces them to do something.

#4ThePlayersOnlyWhenWe'reForcedTo

Hahaha you Xboners are losing features to hold over us! One by one we close the gap, watch your backs!

22ymjv6.gif

oldmario

does the xbone have the ability to limit to 1 download? if not maybe you want to put that in next microsoft so god damn sony will

Top Bottom