• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Remastered Screenshot Contest: Click Click Click

14562534700_b302a7fec8_o.png

Prizes updated see below

Tutorial video by Naughty Dog

1. You need a GAF account in order to participate.
  2. You are allowed to submit one The Last of Us: Remastered screenshot, so pick wisely. If you change your mind before the deadline, you can edit your post and replace your entry with another one. Judging will not occur before the deadline.
  3. The contest ends at 11:59 PM PST on August 10, 2014 (GMT = 12:55 AM August 11, 2014).
    t1407743700z4.png

Entries after that time will not be counted.
  4. You must follow the same rules present in the primary screenshot thread:

RULES:
  • Spamming: No double posting.
  • Spoilers: Please do not embed (img tags) any major plot points until August 9, 2014. You can still post them in a link format however (url tags) until that date. What is a spoiler? Anything from the introduction level, any big plot points, and anything from the last level.
  • Editing: Please do not edit your photos in any image editing programs. Vanilla only. There is already a thread for edited screenshots.
  • Read and follow the hosting and compression requirements.

Compression and Hosting
Posting screenshots with the best quality possible is a good habit to get into, and as such this topic will only allow screenshots that meet the following requirements:
Images from a capture card uploaded to a permitted host.
Images from the SHARE button that are retrieved from the PS4 with a USB drive and then uploaded to a permitted host.​
Permitted hosts:
  • Flickr: Two terabytes of storage and great for screenshot library management.
  • Picpar: Brought to you by none other than X3sphere, a simple and efficient image host.
  • Abload: Easy to use, doesn't compress jpegs further, auto-converts bmps to png nicely.
  • Minus: A solid alternative to Abload, though slow to load for some.
  • Photobucket: As long as you don't have the hosting/bandwidth cap they're pretty good. DO NOT RESIZE YOUR IMAGES!
  • Cubeupload: Advertises no compression, also fast.
  • Your own server or website

Banned hosts:
  • Facebook
  • Imgur
  • Tinypic
  • Imageshack
  • Twitter

Rehosting:
Uploading your image to Facebook or Twitter from your PS4 and then rehosting it on one of the permitted hosts does not help your image, it is still super compressed and does not look pretty. The USB method + a good host from the start is the only way you can use the Share button for this thread.

HOW TO EXPORT TO USB:
14583588858_b5d6e40f42_c.jpg

Prizes: (Let us know if we need to get non NA codes if it's possible)

1st place - $20 PSN code and a steelbook signed by the studio.
2nd place - $10 and a Joel sackboy keychain that was promo only.
3rd - 8th place - $10 PSN codes each

Thanks to Naughty Dog for super sizing the prizes

Thanks to VisceralBowl for doing most of the work on the above and throwing in part of the prizes along with myself

Master List of entries updated 8-10-14 5:34am CST

Beauty isn't only skin deep
clicker_the_last_of_us__fan_art_by_brandonstricker-d6gsusa.png

BrandonStricker deviantart

Gaz_RB

Subscribed.
I'll have you know, I'm quite the skilled photographer. You all shouldn't even bother entering.

Spazznid

Someone persuade me to get the game and enter! I want so bad, but I don't know if I want it THAT bad. Played about half-way through the PS3 version but never finished and a Photo mode is tempting. Not only that, but playing through the Walking Dead made me want to play this again...

Gaz_RB

Someone persuade me to get the game and enter! I want so bad, but I don't know if I want it THAT bad. Played about half-way through the PS3 version but never finished and a Photo mode is tempting. Not only that, but playing through the Walking Dead made me want to play this again...

Do you still have the PS3 version?

Who are the judges are how is the winner decided?

iirc, these types of contests are usually done by vote, but I could be wrong.

Ludono

Ugh I want to play this but due to my situation I can't even play any of my console games until further notice :(

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Can someone link me or post the pic that won this contest for infamous? I never saw which pic won.

Definitely going to enter this though.

Why is imgur banned?
All about IQ. Imgur compresses everything that ins't a PNG under 2MB. Most people use the Share button and that already saves as a compressed JPG, uploading to imgur compresses it further, which is terrible for colors and IQ. Pro accounts can somewhat get around this compression/size limit limitation.

It is simple and easy to open an account at the one of the other sites, or use one of the ones that does not require an account.

So it looks like I'm going to be able to pick this up tomorrow so I'll definitely try and participate. I had already sold my copy of Infamous SS by the time the photo mode was added in so I missed out on the last one.

Top Bottom