• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer September Cover: AC Rogue and AC Unity

Quentyn

257-cover-reveal-v2-spread.jpg

Rogue places fans in the shoes of a Templar, controlling former Assassin-turned-Templar Shay Patrick Cormac. Employing the popular naval gameplay from Black Flag, you navigate a ship across the frigid North Atlantic. Other locales you visit include the Appalachian River Valley and a reimagined New York. Shay is an assassin hunter who has to be even more clever to outsmart his sneaky foes. This entry takes place during the Seven Years' War, filling in the gap between Black Flag and Assassin's Creed III. We won't spoil much, but it has a crucial link to the Kenway saga. Our exclusive feature gives more insight into Shay, details how the cold waters are different from Black Flag's Caribbean setting, and discusses the tools Shay has at his disposal for outsmarting assassins. The Seven Years' War is part of what lead to France's financial troubles, and it's hinted that Shay has even deeper ties to Unity.

257-cover-reveal-v1-spread.jpg

Meanwhile, the new-gen exclusive, Assassin's Creed Unity, follows Arno Dorian on a quest for redemption during the French Revolution. Things aren't black and white for this Assassin, as he's been raised by Templars without knowing it and even falls in love with one, Elise. Ubisoft introduced Elise in a trailer last week, but we have the scoop on exactly who this woman is and her role in the story. In addition, we have new story threads that reveal further what Arno's quest entails, what historical events and people we can expect to see, and how his allegiance to the Assassins complicates matters. Our studio visit to Ubisoft Montreal also provided us insight into how the series' three core pillars – stealth, navigation, and combat – are being completely revamped. We even got our hands-on a cooperative mission. Fans have been begging for co-op, and we detail Ubisoft's creative vision for how it adds to your experience as an Assassin in the crowd.

Coverage trailer

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...cover-reveal-assassins-creed-rogue-unity.aspx

Vashetti

Banned
Something's quite wrong when Rogue (last-gen) looks more interesting as a setting than Unity (current-gen).

Will wait for HD Remaster.

Karl Hawk

Banned
Something's quite wrong when Rogue (last-gen) looks more interesting as a setting than Unity (current-gen).

Will wait for HD Remaster.

There's nothing wrong. You're just more interested in the Naval battles since that's what Rogue will deliver.

Zareka

More sailing? And I'm a sucker for arctic settings. Sold, but damn it, this is an expensive year. Doesn't help that Unity looks good too so I'm gonna have to drop on 2 Assassin's Creed games. :(

Also this'll be great if it comes to PC. I don't mind playing this on my PS3/360 but IV looked fantastic on my PC, so that would be nice to have again.

biteren

d51d61fb63063a452ddcd1606b29c83e.png

check out that musket with the underslung mini-cannon, all it needs now is a telescope mount!!

but yeah, ice pirates who stab you.

MayMay

Banned
I dont care about Rogue at all, mostly because I think I just wont be able to come back and play an AC 4.5 after playing Unity..

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Rogue sounds a million times more interesting than Unity.

I dont care about Rogue at all, mostly because I think I just wont be able to come back and play an AC 4.5 after playing Unity..

Eh. From what I've played of Unity the only difference in gameplay will be the controller you're using.

Interested in Rogue, but watching assassins get killed, betrayed and ambushed like any common grunt really kills the lore for me.
Especially in the case of black flags, when Kenway was just an imposter for a good part of the game

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
I wonder what it's like working at Ubisoft.

"Hey guys we're making another Assasin's creed game!!"

Wooo

That said, they both look good.

bigkrev

Didn't really have any interest in Unity, have mild interest in Rouge. Hope it gets a PC Port, or a downloadable "HD Edition" in the spring/summer on current gen hardware.

Carbonox

Fuck sake UbiSoft I can't NOT be excited for Rogue as well given its premise.

Day one for both.

I'm part of the problem.

Suck it.

#ac4lyfe

Hasney

I only really pick up AC games on sale, but since AC4 was the only one I really enjoyed, I'll probably not get Unity at all. Ships... SHIPS!

Kazerei

Banned
Rogue places fans in the shoes of a Templar, controlling former Assassin-turned-Templar Shay Patrick Cormac.
This entry takes place during the Seven Years' War, filling in the gap between Black Flag and Assassin's Creed III. We won't spoil much, but it has a crucial link to the Kenway saga.

Would be awesome if this was a Haytham origin story, but alas, there was already a shitty novel written about Haytham's childhood.

Hystzen

Ah the crucial link to kenway saga in Rogue where you will kill Edward in first half game then character get change of heart and hunt Templars instead.

Omni

Day one for both.
Haha yeah. I think that's what I'll be doing too...

DAMMIT UBISOFT WHY DO YOU KEEP DOING THIS TO ME.

Even after ACIII and Black Flag I'm still shooting this stuff up like an addict. The series just gets me excited for some reason

LiK

Haha yeah. I think that's what I'll be doing too...

DAMMIT UBISOFT WHY DO YOU KEEP DOING THIS TO ME.

Even after ACIII and Black Flag I'm still shooting this stuff up like an addict. The series just gets me excited for some reason

I've learned that Ubi's open world games totally fit my playstyle. I'm fine with that.

Top Bottom