• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 announced for PS4/Xbox1

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Japanese release date set for Febuary 19th 2015, no word on western release date but i'd assume its close to then.

Also, there will be a "Core fighters" styled PS4/XB1 Free 2 play release to coincide with the standard release date as well.

Credits to Esuteru

http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/7900160.html

Espada

Japanese release date set for Febuary 19th 2015, no word on western release date but i'd assume its close to then.

Also, there will be a "Core fighters" styled PS4/XB1 Free 2 play release to coincide with the standard release date as well.

Credits to Esuteru

Whoa, this is awesome news. It's much earlier than I expected, and that F2P news will make several of my friends pretty damn happy. Now they'll touch their PS3s even less.

Yeah. No shame, lol. You need to beat the game a bunch of times to unlock OMG if I remember correctly.

THANK YOU

Y'all need to stop perpetuating bullshit myths.
IGN had an article where they cranked it up to 255 and the breasts went wild
Whoa, this is awesome news. It's much earlier than I expected, and that F2P news will make several of my friends pretty damn happy. Now they'll touch their PS3s even less.
Good. I was hoping it beat MKX to the market.

Credits to Esuteru

thats cool

will hopefully get the NA "full price" release. I dont have $1600 to spend on costumes for the ps3 version

Inuhanyou

thats cool

will hopefully get the NA "full price" release. I dont have $1600 to spend on costumes for the ps3 version

I was stupid and accidentally bought Marie rose :( Fully uncomprehending that the new gen versions were coming out, and that they would be including all characters. Unfortunately there is no compensation for this, only costumes

Griss

Core Fighters is such a great F2P implementation of a fighter. And current-gen has a huge dearth of fighters as well. Hopefully this means there'll be plenty of players from day 1 on PS4, even though I'll be buying the full version.

I also hope they stop being so over-the-top with the ludicrous amount of DLC, much of it pretty lazy.

ekgrey

I was stupid and accidentally bought Marie rose :( Fully uncomprehending that the new gen versions were coming out, and that they would be including all characters. Unfortunately there is no compensation for this, only costumes

accidentally, huh? ;)

sbrew

Banned
Looking forward to this game on my XB1 to wipe the bitter taste of Killer Instinct from my memory.

Dead or Alive is so much fun, even for casual button mashers. Killer Instinct requires you to know "openers" or some such technical bullshit in order for anything cool to happen at all.

drotahorror

Man, another game possibly in February I need to get.

Also, was the free version details, new stage and character, is that what was revealed in the new Famitsu? Seen some scans but of course I don't know Japanese.

Guymelef

Europe.
JxSRrQT.png

The game's website got updated with some nice screenshots of new outfits.
I'm linking them since some might be NSFW due to a lot of cleavage (that Leifang outfit...)

1 2 3 4 5

Looks like Ayane got a new hairstyle too, so maybe there's still hope for loose hair Sarah and Rachel, which I'd love to have :p

drotahorror

The game's website got updated with some nice screenshots of new outfits.
I'm linking them since some might be NSFW due to a lot of cleavage (that Leifang outfit...)

1 2 3 4 5

Looks like Ayane got a new hairstyle too, so maybe there's still hope for loose hair Sarah and Rachel, which I'd love to have :p

I like it. Haven't played a DoA since original xbox. Probably DoA 3 I guess.

Drifters

Well I'm glad I remained strong and didn't get this for my ps3 since my 4 will be here after Thanksgiving. Skimmed but is this retail or digital only?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
still no official PC announcement besides the playasia listing?

Afrikan

Dead or Alive used to have some of the best graphics in gaming...not just for a fighter, but in general.

Psx era, Xbox era, etc.

I expect their true next Gen version really separates them from the pack.

Inuhanyou

Dead or Alive used to have some of the best graphics in gaming...not just for a fighter, but in general.

Psx era, Xbox era, etc.

I expect their true next Gen version really separates them from the pack.

Dead Or alive 2 blew my fucking face off with its character models when i first played the demo that came with my first Dreamcast. That and soul calibur were the greatest examples of what the console could do. They still impress even today.

Afrikan

Dead Or alive 2 blew my fucking face off with its character models when i first played the demo that came with my first Dreamcast. That and soul calibur were the greatest examples of what the console could do. They still impress even today.

yeah they impress till this day, because games seem to still have trouble putting it all together....there is always one aspect missing or suffering.

Dead Or Alive had Silky Smooth Legit 60fps, Realistic animation, and Great Models and environments....as well as like no jaggies that I can remember... or at least at the time, it was the smoothest looking game. It didn't look blocky like other games.

also, I don't know what trick tech they used for that gen...and I forget the proper term...but explosions and lighting reflected on the characters.

Inuhanyou

I can barely contain my anticipation. After i pick up this game, the wait for DOA6 will be painful

Top Bottom