• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Estival Versus announced for PS4/Vita

ShinMaruku

I wonder if they will go more into Ikaruga and Murakamo's families' storyline. I just love the whole
Big family corporations adopting heirs because they are such good ninjas. Murakamo's was made even better in that it reflects old Japanese smaurai family trend of a higher branch adopting a relative to be their new head.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Does anyone know if and when SK2 is gonna get localized?

Probably XSEED. :p

They haven't made any announcement yet.

I guess I'll avoid that one then, didn't realize there were multiple levels of nyuu nyuu packs (what is a nyuu nyuu anyway? The figures?)

It's not a different level of Nyu Nyu pack, it's actually just a retailer specific bonus for it. The regular edition has an AmiAmi exclusive phone stand:
GAME-0013042_01.jpg

The paperweight is just a picture of Yumi. I should have the pic somewhere on my computer to upload

Edit: Found it.

It'll just be a standing glass paperweight with this on it:

Ah ok that's the image they had, I just didn't know if it looked any different since they describe it as a "crystal" paperweight. Didn't know if it was like clear glass with that drawing etched into it or something.

PASS!

Now I'm looking at all the friggin' SEs of past Senran games. Amazon has the 3DS version with the little figures for $40, that's sitting in my cart. Then for $50 they have the "lets get physical" version of VERSUS but that doesn't have the figures, and of course that's the set that includes my favorite characters but I can't find it anywhere for under $150. Ebay has some for like $70 but they all have warnings about additional customs charges that are giving me pause.

THANKS GUYS THANKS. I already have a really terrible Lego addiction and now I'm adding this to it THANKS

Chrom

(what is a nyuu nyuu anyway? The figures?)

It's a phrase that means breasts in Japanese. On some places you can even find the genre for the Senran Kagura games being listed as "bakunyuu hyper battle," where bakunyuu conveys the meaning of huge breasts.

SerTapTap

It's a phrase that means breasts in Japanese. On some places you can even find the genre for the Senran Kagura games being listed as "bakunyuu hyper battle," where bakunyuu conveys the meaning of huge breasts.

Oh, I should have known

Target has the PSTV for $99. I just ripped open my latest paycheck from one of my jobs to find it's double what I was expecting.

Feeling weak. Help.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Anyone got any leads on where I can get the VERSUS pack with the figures for a reasonable price? :\

The Shinovi Versus ones were the first set and are harder to find now. You can get the Senran Kagura 2 Deep Crimson ones in the wild, I think. You might have to go through a proxy, but it's super cheap on Amazon.co.jp http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00I5FPQT2/

Target has the PSTV for $99. I just ripped open my latest paycheck from one of my jobs to find it's double what I was expecting.

Feeling weak. Help.

Vita TV is only $79 on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KVMHSUM/?tag=neogaf0e-20

The Shinovi Versus ones were the first set and are harder to find now. You can get the Senran Kagura 2 Deep Crimson ones in the wild, I think. You might have to go through a proxy, but it's super cheap on Amazon.co.jp http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00I5FPQT2/

Vita TV is only $79 on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KVMHSUM/?tag=neogaf0e-20
Ah, oops, I meant the bundle with Lego Movie, 8GB memory card, and DS3.

And that Amazon.co.jp site's price is much cheaper than the US one (looks like it's about $22 if I did the right exchange rate VS $38) but how does shipping factor into that? If I have Amazon Prime US will it work with Amazon JP? I would need a walk through of how to order off the Japanese Amazon site as I've never done anything like that before D:

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

And that Amazon.co.jp site's price is much cheaper than the US one (looks like it's about $22 if I did the right exchange rate VS $38) but how does shipping factor into that? If I have Amazon Prime US will it work with Amazon JP? I would need a walk through of how to order off the Japanese Amazon site as I've never done anything like that before D:

If you have a US site, you're probably better off buying from it. With Amazon.co.jp, only certain items are available for international shipping, otherwise you'll have to go through a proxy and pay them extra to get it to you. Amazon Prime US does not apply to Amazon in other countries.

If you have a US site, you're probably better off buying from it. With Amazon.co.jp, only certain items are available for international shipping, otherwise you'll have to go through a proxy and pay them extra to get it to you. Amazon Prime US does not apply to Amazon in other countries.

Yeah, I found a guide via Google and it looks like with shipping the price would be almost the same. Might as well just get it off the US site.

If I get it.

Argh.

Is there any difference in the JP version of Versus compared to the US one? I know it's localized but if the PSTV can play the import and I can find the LE at a decent price I'd just as soon get that and stumble my way through the language barrier with a guide.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Yeah, I found a guide via Google and it looks like with shipping the price would be almost the same. Might as well just get it off the US site.

If I get it.

Argh.

Is there any difference in the JP version of Versus compared to the US one? I know it's localized but if the PSTV can play the import and I can find the LE at a decent price I'd just as soon get that and stumble my way through the language barrier with a guide.

The localization for Shinovi Versus is really good. I'd recommend getting it. It also allows you to play with other people in MP and use the U.S. DLC. I think the Playstation TV can play the import, I just think it's worth your while to get the English version since it's available. There's a lot of story.

Senran Kagura 2 Deep Crimson, however, is a 3DS title. If you're going to buy, just buy for the packaging and the bonuses. 3DS's are region locked.

If you bought it off the JP Amazon you'd need a forwarding service. With the 2.5k yen charge your total would probably be in the $30-$35 range depending on what sort of shipping speed you want and which forwarding service you choose.

I'm in the same boat with regards to hunting down the Shinovi Versus Nyuu Nyuu pack. Just got my SK2 3DS bundle in today and the figures are fantastic. :p

The localization for Shinovi Versus is really good. I'd recommend getting it. It also allows you to play with other people in MP and use the U.S. DLC. I think the Playstation TV can play the import, I just think it's worth your while to get the English version since it's available. There's a lot of story.

Senran Kagura 2 Deep Crimson, however, is a 3DS title. If you're going to buy, just buy for the packaging and the bonuses. 3DS's are region locked.
Yeah I have SK 3DS already so if I got that it would be purely for the extras. Which, all things considered, 5 figures and a 2-disc something in an LE box plus a game for $40 isn't that bad. Plus then I'd at least have a box to put on my shelf to show I actually own SK3DS.

But thanks for the head's-up about SKV's story. I suppose I'll be double dipping then if I can ever find the LE for a reasonable price. The US LE is $50 on Amazon right now but it doesn't have any figures or special stuff right? Just like an art book?

Edit: it appears Amazon ONLY has the LE, and then the $80 Japanese import. How much is just the standalone game?

If you bought it off the JP Amazon you'd need a forwarding service. With the 2.5k yen charge your total would probably be in the $30-$35 range depending on what sort of shipping speed you want and which forwarding service you choose.

I'm in the same boat with regards to hunting down the Shinovi Versus Nyuu Nyuu pack. Just got my SK2 3DS bundle in today and the figures are fantastic. :p
Argh you guys are't helping ;__;

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Yeah I have SK 3DS already so if I got that it would be purely for the extras. Which, all things considered, 5 figures and a 2-disc something in an LE box plus a game for $40 isn't that bad. Plus then I'd at least have a box to put on my shelf to show I actually own SK3DS.

But thanks for the head's-up about SKV's story. I suppose I'll be double dipping then if I can ever find the LE for a reasonable price. The US LE is $50 on Amazon right now but it doesn't have any figures or special stuff right? Just like an art book?

It has a nice shiny embossed sleeve, soundtrack selection, and a 140+ page artbook. Those are pretty nice things. Here's an unboxing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oDaDNtq5t8

The 3DS Nyu Nyu pack is actually for the sequel to the game you own... not Burst. Burst never had a Nyu Nyu pack. Deep Crimson is Senran Kagura 2, which has not been localized yet.

It has a nice shiny embossed sleeve, soundtrack selection, and a 140+ page artbook. Those are pretty nice things. Here's an unboxing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oDaDNtq5t8

The 3DS Nyu Nyu pack is actually for the sequel to the game you own... not Burst. Burst never had a Nyu Nyu pack. Deep Crimson is Senran Kagura 2, which has not been localized yet.
Oooooh snap! Ok that's good to know, thanks! I thought that Burst was a collection of 1&2. Whoops! Get on it Xseed!

Also after some password trouble I got into my PSN account and saw the normal download price is $40. So for $10 more the LE is a no-brainer.

Bon Appetite is $15, will that work on PSTV though? Or does it need the Vita pads and touch screen stuff?

Edit: Google is my friend, Bon Appetite works with PSTV.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Oooooh snap! Ok that's good to know, thanks! I thought that Burst was a collection of 1&2. Whoops! Get on it Xseed!

Also after some password trouble I got into my PSN account and saw the normal download price is $40. So for $10 more the LE is a no-brainer.

Bon Apitite is $15, will that work on PSTV though? Or does it need the Vita pads and touch screen stuff?

I'm pretty sure Bon Appetit is PSTV compatible. I'm not sure how you emulate the touch controls.

Well, I bit on Senran Kagura 2 for 3DS. There were only 2 left in stock and I didn't want to wait any longer and risk missing it. I think I still have some Christmas cards coming my way from extended family so once those get here I'll see if I can put those towards the other versions.

It has been obscenely difficult to not just drop a PSTV into my cart each time I go to Target. But with rent due and tax season approaching I keep telling myself to be responsible... arghhh

antibolo

Banned
Just got this promotional email from Play-Asia:

It is time to hit the beach in high definition, Senran Kagura style!

Estival Versus follows Asuka and the rest of the lovely ladies as they take on new challenges and investigate the strange events taking place on the beautiful island they've decided to relax and wait for you on!

The title's story revolves around the twin sisters Ryona and Ryobi, as well as Ryoki - the third and oldest sister who was thought to be dead. It is claimed that the Kagura Thousand-Year Festival is the source of Ryoki's return.

Speaking of interesting characters showing up, Asuka's grandmother, Sayuri, will be making her appearance in Estival Versus as a playable character! If you are familiar with the clothes-ripping mechanics of Senran Kagura you'll know this could make for some hilarious and entertaining gameplay!

Promotional images have shown both an elderly version Sayuri as well as a much younger representation - leading fans to believe there will be some sort of transformation mechanic in place for her, or even the possibility of two different characters.

The gameplay in Estival Versus is comparable to that of a 'Burst' title, and not dissimilar from the 'Musou' genre. The basic principle is that players fight in a locked off 3D environment against a large amount of enemies, progressing forward once defeating them all. Something very similar to the 'Pair Battle System' which was welcomed by fans in Shinovi Versus will be making an appearance in the Estival Versus.

Apparently Play-Asia really wants to see naked old ladies.

SerTapTap

IS amiami still the best deal on the nyuunyuu packs? I just ordered both but don't pay/confirm until it's ready to ship

IS amiami still the best deal on the nyuunyuu packs? I just ordered both but don't pay/confirm until it's ready to ship
Ah cool, AmiAmi doesn't charge until the product actually ships out? That's good to know, I've been hesitant to preorder the PS4 game since I don't have an extra C-Note to drop but if it won't charge until it releases I can easily make that work.

In other news my SK2 LE arrived the other day. It's BEAUTIFUL and I had no idea that you got to build the figures too! I laughed out loud when I opened the CD booklet and the interior art was just huge close ups of Life. So unabashedly shameless.

SerTapTap

Ah cool, AmiAmi doesn't charge until the product actually ships out? That's good to know, I've been hesitant to preorder the PS4 game since I don't have an extra C-Note to drop but if it won't charge until it releases I can easily make that work.

In other news my SK2 LE arrived the other day. It's BEAUTIFUL and I had no idea that you got to build the figures too! I laughed out loud when I opened the CD booklet and the interior art was just huge close ups of Life. So unabashedly shameless.

They don't even take a hold on your money until it's ready to ship. The downside is if you fail to confirm/pay, they WILL sell your stuff to someone else

ShinMaruku

Saiyuri will likely be using as youth ninpo to show her younger form.
Also she has strong Genes given that her daughter and granddaughter look just like her.

Chrom

I wanna say they show up in the anime too but I forget.

Where are these images from? I've heard the sketch came from Takaki's Twitter months ago, but this is the first I've seen that full-color illustration of Asuka's mom. Kind of funny how it doesn't seem like she actually has a name according to that image.

Pretty sure only Hanzo appears in the anime.

Hastati

Is it just me, or has this series had a LOT of releases in the past couple of years? I don't have any problems with it, but I guess it must be selling well.

Whats the best port of entry anyway? The first Vita release? I heard the original game is kinda clunky..

Producer

Is it just me, or has this series had a LOT of releases in the past couple of years? I don't have any problems with it, but I guess it must be selling well.

Whats the best port of entry anyway? The first Vita release? I heard the original game is kinda clunky..

Not really. There's 4 games released so far and one jp only mobile game, and this upcoming one.

I suggest you start with Burst on 3DS since its the first title and it introduces all the characters and the story.
If you start with Shinovi Versus, the game assumes you already know the characters and the events that happened in Burst, since that game takes place after it.

SerTapTap

Not especially, it's had 3 releases in a short-ish cluster, but the first game is from 2011, second is from 2013, what you're seeing is Japanese new releases with Western localizations which makes it seem like way more is being done at once.

Ignore the first 3DS game. Versus is a great entry. The cooking game is a side game at best. I've heard good things about SK 2 (back to 3DS) but I think I'll ignore it myself (I already have a Japanese copy...but can't play it thanks to Region Locking™). Estival looks great, as it should.

Hastati

Not really. There's 4 games released so far and one jp only mobile game, and this upcoming one.

I suggest you start with Burst on 3DS since its the first title and it introduces all the characters and the story.
If you start with Shinovi Versus, the game assumes you already know the characters and the events that happened in Burst, since that game takes place after it.

Not especially, it's had 3 releases in a short-ish cluster, but the first game is from 2011, second is from 2013, what you're seeing is Japanese new releases with Western localizations which makes it seem like way more is being done at once.

Ignore the first 3DS game. Versus is a great entry. The cooking game is a side game at best. I've heard good things about SK 2 (back to 3DS) but I think I'll ignore it myself (I already have a Japanese copy...but can't play it thanks to Region Locking™). Estival looks great, as it should.

Oh okay, that was my misunderstanding. I guess the trickle of threads for both JP and Western releases threw me off. I think I actually have a copy of one of the games secondhand, similarly a JP copy for Vita, but I wasn't sure if I should start with it or go to a previous title first. Anyway thanks, guess I'll give the series a try!

Omlagus

Just to give you a slightly different perspective on this: Shinovi is the first game in the series I've played (don't have a 3ds, so I won't be playing those) and I haven't really had much trouble following the story. And if you have a JP copy of SV, unless you know Japanese you won't really be playing for the story anyway.

I've been having a ton of fun with the game, more than I thought I would, and I will definitely be picking up Estival.

Is the story of any significance in Bon Appétit? I honestly love the stories and character development in the series and would get BA if so, but I'm not interested in the actual gameplay for that one.

antibolo

Banned
Is the story of any significance in Bon Appétit? I honestly love the stories and character development in the series and would get BA if so, but I'm not interested in the actual gameplay for that one.

No the game literally starts by saying that it's not canon.

Pics_nao

Just YouTube the stories. While they're not canon I'm fairly certain it portrays the character interactions as it would in a canon game.

Maid

Banned

You're in for the food, and stay for the, well, whatever you see there. I actually think their stories are funny to read.

SerTapTap

It's a "fanservice" game in that it's about funny silly stuff, if you get it, it should be for the humor (or other aspects, whatever).

Top Bottom