• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dragon Age Inquisition trailer+Bioware discusses art/world of the game [EGX]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Y7CWxBp4OA

The art...the environment...the music. So good, so goddamn goooooood. Fuck.

black-girl-crying-fist-pump-gif.gif

Took some screencaps from the stream:

zqN1dE2.png

BXM1Svt.png

tRaoPFt.jpg

H5kwZCT.jpg

uAMo0l9.jpg

OwmsgQi.jpg

176DngF.jpg

ey5An3U.jpg

Some concept art:

OIyaUDY.jpg

McVigg6.png

Art direction of the Chantry

H6ueQhG.jpg

Art direction of the Qunari:

TrDjt1d.jpg

Orlais (nobles)

gyFwVGP.jpg

The Tevinters

C7bwgDw.jpg

The Inquisition

aNxzL8e.jpg

Design/color cues of some of the factions

sFrS44s.jpg

Simzyy

It's a new composer for Inquisition right? Have to say I really like the new theme.

I'm really excited for this! Everything looks fantastic. Only worry left for me is the story.

I really appreciate this and think these kinds of presentations and the resulting discussion can really enrich and deepen the conversation about games.

The question is often posed whether games are "Art" with a capital A, and this shows that they certainly can be.

I don't like the preface comment that the presenter makes about people being surprised and not expecting to learn about Renaissance art at a game conference. This type of comment shouldn't be necessary. It casts the gaming culture and community as a bunch of people afraid to learn, branch out and try new things.

Thanks.

The art? Seriously?

DA:I is the perfect example for a game with good graphics but horrible art. Which makes the game look horrible, because of it.

Can't buy the game because of that very reason.
Awful!
Nothing wrong with feeling that way...I...guess, I think it all looks beautiful personally :)

adj_noun

Love that main theme.

Y'know, I've always kinda wanted the ability to choose your own musical leitmotif, similar to how you can sometimes choose your own character voice.

Hearing a theme swell during a particularly heroic moment and having it be *your* theme, selected specifically for the character you had in mind...that'd be pretty sweet.

H3xum

The jams <3

The art/colors are soft but the designs are rugged and intrusive. Interesting art direction

Moff

the hype is rising. another highlight in the great RPG year 2014
I just wished it didnt releae 1 week after draenor.

Glad to see this gif in rotation again
black-girl-crying-fist-pump-gif.gif

The art? Seriously?

DA:I is the perfect example for a game with good graphics but horrible art. Which makes the game look horrible, because of it.

Awful!
I've never heard that before. It's very stylised and pointy but I love it.

SDCowboy

The art? Seriously?

Awful!

0_o What in the hell... The game looks gorgeous.

alterno69

Banned
When is this out again? I need something to take my mind off Fifa while Pes arrives. This and The Wichter look great but i have no idea when they're out.

Trickster

The art? Seriously?

Awful!

I can't tell if you're serious or not. Obviously art is subjective and all. But calling the art horrible, to the point of saying it makes the entire game look horrible and not being able to buy it for that sole reason just seems hilariously over the top.

Ralemont

not me
I always feel BioWare games really deliver in the amount of content. I feel like this could easily be a GOTY contender.

I can't envision a scenario where it isn't my GOTY at this point. Getting none of the "I'll have to see how it works" trepidation like I did with DA2. Everything looks fantastic.

Yeah, that trailer is not new. Its pretty much exactly the same as the trailer played with the live cello at EA's E3 conference.

Environments look nice and the music sounds good (if a bit similar to the composer's stuff from The Tudors).

The horse walking animation still looks laughably bad though.

PC or PS4? My eternal dilemma for this title. If it was on steam I know I could pick it up cheap enough next summer for a second/third playthrough but...

Servbot24

Banned
The art? Seriously?

Awful!

This is how I feel about all Bioware games. The concept art is very nice but I know that the animation is going to suffer from awkward Americanized whimsy and mere suggestion of soul. I don't want to feel like I'm playing something from the Shrek universe.

Of course is the gameplay looks good I'll still buy it since that's most important.

SparkTR

Still wait and see for me, I don't have as much faith in Bioware as I once had. I do appreciate their KB/M tailored UI though so they seem to be doing a lot right with this even as a casual observer.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
One of the best trailers I've seen in a long time. Simply gorgeous and makes me hyped as hell to explore these environments.

Famassu

This doesn't really fit the rest of the game:

176DngF.jpg

Feels kind of out of place in comparison to the style of the rest of the game.

Top Bottom