• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It has been impossible to add friends on PS4 for the last 24 hours

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Like the topic says, a lot of people in the Destiny thread were trying to make groups to do the raid or just group up for random things to do. However it has just been notifying of the friend request, then when you go to accept it, the screen loads up saying you haven't received anything. It occassionaly gives out error code WS-36779-2 which so happens to not exist. So a few hours later, we tried again, same thing. The thread was constantly full of people on each page trying to get help yet it kept happening. Now it's the next day and this is still in effect, it's impossible to add anybody.

Their status page acknowledges nothing, their support twitter and main twitter say nothing aside from login issues. There's a free weekend happening for MP so it seems that it has broken basic functionality of the system.

perhaps they're getting ready the option to change usernames. probably completely unrelated to the disturbance but we can dream!

MrNelson

Banned
I've had this issue for the last 3 days. My old roommate finally got a PS4 and it really sucks that I can't accept his requests :/

Since Destiny launched I've had issues adding people to my fireteam or joining them, but it turns out everything was working fine. Destiny was just in error.

IE: wife sends me an invite, I accept, Destiny days the team is full despite being only my wife, but when I close the error it shows I'm on her FT...

Duxxy3

Well, that's what happens when you let the cheap ones get in. (it's free psn weekend)

That's probably it.

When Forza 5 went free for a weekend, the Forza servers were mostly unavailable. Free weekend for PSN... probably lucky this is all that's happened.

Eh...Internet/electric/cable outages happen a lot you know.
Maybe you want to use the terms like: majority of other services and rarely. But ever? Come on, that is impossible.

Exactly! I just grow tired of shitposts in every PSN thread. It's like clockwork: someone has an issue and someone else immediately points out that Sony charges now, which should mean there shouldn't ever be problems?

Sendou

Exactly! I just grow tired of shitposts in every PSN thread. It's like clockwork: someone has an issue and someone else immediately points out that Sony charges now, which should mean there shouldn't ever be problems?

No it means that if you pay for something you should be able to rely on everything working like that. The way I see it you're the one shitposting. Stating "No worries I'll bend over" brings no extra value whatsoever.

No it means that if you pay for something you should be able to rely on everything working like that. The way I see it you're the one shitposting. Stating "No worries I'll bend over" brings no extra value whatsoever.

What value did your comment bring other than a quick chuckle to yourself maybe?

Also: name the paid online services of the world that never have problems ever, and are 100% reliable.

If you're paying for a service for a year, you're entitled to a year of service. Not a year of service*

*except when we don't have our shit together

fedexpeon

Banned
You don't have to be 100% reliable but I hope we can all agree Sony has pretty terrible track record.

I rarely have problem. I think 1-2 times with that POS PS Store, 1 time during PS launch/Christmas, and 1 time during Destiny. Those were all resolved in a few hours or so.
But out of 365 days, that is pretty good.
I don't care enough in the long run though since I have other stuff to do.
Maybe I am not seeing the terrible track record since this year I haven't see a 2-3 days prolong delayed of services.

If you're paying for a service for a year, you're entitled to a year of service. Not a year of service*

Yeah okay...I will call my cable company that I want my downtime back, my SEC network is effing up RIGHT NOW!
What a simple view of the world you are living in...Too much effort is required to get those insignificant time back.
Do you guys actually have that much time?

You don't have to be 100% reliable but I hope we can all agree Sony has pretty terrible track record.

not really...at least not compared to most other services

heck just a couple days ago my internet was wonky...and it was from the end of my isp

psn on ps4 has been amazing for me sine launch actually.

I rarely have problem. I think 1-2 times with that POS PS Store, 1 time during PS launch/Christmas, and 1 time during Destiny. Those were all resolved in a few hours or so.
But out of 365 days, that is pretty good.
I don't care enough in the long run though since I have other stuff to do.
Maybe I am not seeing the terrible track record since this year I haven't see a 2-3 days prolong delayed of services.

Yeah okay...I will call my cable company that I want my downtime back, my SEC network is effing up RIGHT NOW!
What a simple view of the world you are living in...Too much effort is required to get those insignificant time back.
Do you guys actually have that much time?

You're on the Internet arguing with people because they want what they paid for. And you want to imply that I have too much time on my hands? Is you serious?

FeiRR

Banned
I don't agree. PSN works fine for me most of the time. You have no idea how much networking services with guaranteed uptime are, do you?

Tried adding a few people last night for reasons. This one dude and me had a one-sided relationship last night, I was in his friends list and he could invite me to games no problem, but he wasn't in mine.

fedexpeon

Banned
You're on the Internet arguing with people because they want what they paid for. And you want to imply that I have too much time on my hands? Is you serious?

My SEC Network is down(edit: sorry, my direct tv is down)...What do you want me to do?
I am listening on the game on internet radio(smh) while browsing Gaf.

You can apply that to every service ever. Is this really so hard to understand?

I'm not saying to refrain from bringing a bug to the attention of service holders, but rather refraining from shitting all over it until specific issues occur again and again to the point of the service being useless. And as far as I know, this specific big is new and unique, and only a day or so old.

You can apply that to every service ever. Is this really so hard to understand?

I'm not saying to refrain from bringing a bug to the attention of service holders, but rather refraining from shitting all over it until specific issues occur again and again to the point of the service being useless. And as far as I know, this specific big is new and unique, and only a day or so old.

I understand completely that you have an issue with expecting what they paid for. I don't know why, but I don't really care.

Percy

Banned
Free weekend + FIFA + Destiny = fucked up PSN

This was my first thought also.

Not had any trouble playing Crucible on Destiny today thankfully (Which is all I need from my PS4 right now tbh), but the matches are definitely taking longer to start than they were last weekend.

Well it's not like you pay an annual fee for the service or anything.
But you didn't pay to use the add friends feature, that's free.
ibsfeCaiTKFz8W.gif

tsab

Sony should copy Nintendo and switch to friend codes. Add me OP 8903-2289-2199-1232-0909.

/joke

Probably their friend server is borked atm from the free online?

Reule

Yeah, no idea what's going on with the friends list. I added two Gaffers today and their friend's requests still won't go away. I thought earlier they eventually were added but now they're gone again. Trophy syncing was being weird earlier too.

My internet, cable, and fucking netflix have had as many issues if not more than psn since they started charging. But that doesn't help people's hyperbolic narrative so shit post away, I guess.

Top Bottom