• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2014 |OT| Leafs Suck, And Then You Die

Razorskin

----- ------
leafsqhsfs.gif

ShaneB

Time certainly flies. Another hockey season soon to start. Don't post as much in the NHL threads and will probably keep things minimal until after Football is done, but it's definitely exciting to have regular season hockey back on tv. Go Caps!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Word is the Rangers are already looking to jettison a body or two somewhere. Which they have to do to keep Duclair on the roster. Duclair's ELC would make 51 contracts on the books if he isn't shipped back to junior before the 11th game of the regular season.

Neil was seriously picking fights in preseason last night? Why are clowns like him still in the league? What purpose do teams see with these delinquents who aren't even good at hockey?

Cake Boss

Banned
Probably because Kane was picking fights with rookies to show how tuff he is. Why are scrubs like him in the league?? Blah blah blah.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Hi everyone I'm back to bring enthusiasm and leadership to Leafs-GAF

I will announce the two new assistant captains of Leafs-GAF before the season begins.

19. The scout also relayed that word is Detroit feels it owes Daniel Alfredsson some real patience. First, he chose them last year during a difficult process, led them in scoring and was a great leader in season they needed veterans to step up. Second, he could have come to them in June for a new contract, but was honest about his injury and gave them cap flexibility. They are willing to let this play out.

Good guy Alfie is such a good guy.

In all seriousness though, he could have pulled a Cleary/Weiss and said he was fine only to realize he was pretty much crippled.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
All right! I'm back!

Fuck the Leafs
Fuck the Ducks
Fuck the Kings
Fuck the Hawks

Warm-ups completed. Let's do this. I am fully prepared to embrace the Linden Vey era and so should you.

unMarmg.gif
unMarmg.gif

Like any older brother, Shaun Vey would playfully stick it to his younger sibling.

A jab to the ribs of young Linden Vey during pickup games on the frozen pond at the family grain farm in Wakaw, Sask. A smack to the head just to get his attention and see if he had that fire of desire. However, deep down there is nothing but admiration for that no-quit kid from a small town of 1,000 residents who has beaten long odds and is on the cusp of sticking in the NHL in a big Canadian city.

“What I’m most proud about my brother is the type of person he is,” Shaun Vey said Tuesday from Greensboro, N.C. where he’s representing Syngenta, a global agriculture supply company, in meetings as Canadian product manager.

“He’s respectful and has good values and has that determination. He kind of followed me around and we had road-hockey games with my older friends and he was never shy to join in.

“Sometimes I feel bad about how hard I was on him. Linden is never going to be the mean player, but he’s internally tough.

“I don’t think he’s ever been fearful as a kid and he’s never going to back down. And he’s not happy to just be there. He’s got the fire to be an impact player.”

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Rangers cuts: Conor Allen, Mat Bodie, Chris Bourque, Ryan Bourque, Tommy Hughes, Danny Kristo, Jason Missiaen, Nick Tarnasky & Petr Zamorsky

All on the bus back to Hartford.

Vey is probably the Canucks' most promising prospect right now. Most of the talk is around whether Horvat, Shinkaruk, or Jensen will make the team, but Vey has looked better than either of them so far.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Rangers are finally practicing the power play for the first time today (because I guess it was just sooooo good before).

PP1 is Kreider-Brassard-Zuccarello. PP2 is Duclair-St.Louis-Nash. Where's a Jack Nicholson gif when I need it?

Top Bottom