• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB GAF CHALLENGES |OT| A Community is more than servers

Konosuke

So, I was in a group chat that Rapier created and while doing a Time Trial and I thought, why not send a share picture with my best time to them? But then I thought bigger and resolved to challenge all of you!

So here's the deal, you have 24h to beat my time in these conditions (bonus cookie if get under 1min):

NNVC1gH.jpg

Car: Mercedes-Benz A 45 AMG
Track: BHR 01, Scotland
Time of Day: 17:00
Time Lapse: x15
Crowd Size: Large
Weather: Stormy
Description: Use the little sunlight you have to memorize the track and remmeber, the night is dark and full of curbs.

The person with the lowest time gets his/her name on the GAF Hall of Fame and the right to issue another 24h challenge!

You are encouraged to post before and after pics of your car after a session:

VTpWqrp.jpg

How to:

Just go to Single Event mode and select Time Trial and edit Event Settings with those above!

Use the share button and get racing! And use the hashtag #cantstopthecommunity and tweet pics and challenges to @Rushy33 (Thanks le-seb!)

Da1kro9.jpg

Feel free to try beating my original 458 challenge http://i.imgur.com/bBxSJDj.jpg

Konosuke

#YouwouldnthavetodothisifSonygottheirshittogetherinthefirstplace

True, but since we that shit isn't sorted yet and the game invites this kind of interactions, why not bypass that entirely? And it's not that different of Destiny Raid and Weekly threads.

Ploid 3.0

Old school, I used to make Gran Turismo time attack and all game record breaker threads when we had to take shady low end digital pictures. It'll be interesting to see how many people participate, and who is the monster of Drive Club without having to find them in game.

Konosuke

Okay, new time and car. I think this one unlocks early so more people can join in. You're still free to beat my 458 challenge, but only this counts as of now.

I even caught a bug lol:
NNVC1gH.jpg

VTpWqrp.jpg

1:20.290

GO GO GO

Aspiring

XPiutAT.jpg

As you know took me forever haha. Great time to start with.

EDIT: replaced my time of 1.20.198 To this. I still feel I can beat this to high 1.18's. As you can see from my second sector.

And sorry I forgot to take a photo of the car after : (

Aspiring

Haha wow. Only just. Great time!

Looks like I am really going to have to keep at it.

For those struggling the idea that works for me is to never brake except for last turn. Turn one and turn three, the two S bend corners, just release the throttle and don't go too high on ripple strip, and half throttle out so no wheel spin, and the others attack them hard and fast.

Going to try for 1.18's before I lose haha.

Aspiring

This one is on behalf of rapier in the Ferrari 458:

KLnv5aa.jpg

Good time!

And again rapier in the AMG:

vqrxeFV.jpg

Wow. I think I am out with that time!

Number45

I'll be down for this when I've had more time with the game. My absolute favourite memories of any racer were timed laps in Burnout 2 on the Gamecube - posting my times to a forum for others to beat. ^_^

Nyx

I'll be down for this when I've had more time with the game. My absolute favourite memories of any racer were timed laps in Burnout 2 on the Gamecube - posting my times to a forum for others to beat. ^_^

My man!

With Burnout 2 I used to send text messages to my buddies with my new best time.

Will have a try at the AMG challenge this weekend!

R&R

Plenty of room for improvement, I think we are gonna see some 1.16 times...at least.

EDIT: Improvement =) 1.17.684

jO1BQ65.jpg

red731

Man, Konosuke.

I suck but went to 1:26.518 while obtaining the Rack Em Sack Em trophy by beating my time each round! Also received Long distance trophy due to this challenge!

Now to get better even more....

Thanks!
KuGsj.gif

Konosuke

Man, Konosuke.

I suck but went to 1:26.518 while obtaining the Rack Em Sack Em trophy by beating my time each round! Also received Long distance trophy due to this challenge!

Thanks!
KuGsj.gif

Yup, that's a neat side effect haha, I also got the Rack 'em Up, Knock 'em Down trophy. And it's a good way to "farm" Fame, I had earned around 90k fame during my last run.

le-seb

Man, Konosuke.

Exact same thing happened to me! lol

My personal best time is 1:20.287 after a dozen laps (beating Konosuke's initial lap time by 3 thousandths, yay! :D).
I'm pretty sure I'm messing big time in the last hairpin, but I can't fathom how you guys can lap that fast....

Top Bottom