• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 4 "targeting" 1080p on Xbox One and PS4

Is there parity across all the systems then...?

AH: Yeah, so for gameplay, what you're doing... There are a few more encounters on next-gen, but that's in the emergent part, not in the core missions or any of the story.

Right, okay. And on next-gen, is it running at 900p, 1080p or...?

AH: It's 1080. I have to get you the exact numbers because it's too technical for me which version of this it is, but yes, on both.

UPDATE: Ubisoft has released the following statement on Twitter:

"With more than a month left until the Far Cry 4 launch the team continues to maximize the gameplay experience across all consoles & PC. We have not locked the resolution as yet but, as Alex Hutchinson notes, we are aiming for 1080p on all platforms, including PC (depending on the computer you have). We look forward to introducing fans to the world of Kyrat! Kyrat is coming soon!"

Videogamer / Twitter

I posted it in one of the threads about FC4 videos but now Ubisoft have sort of confirmed it I thought it needed a new thread. I can't say I'm particularly convinced by their wording on XB1.

Added the parity comment because I thought people would like it

Thought it was already confirmed via Twitter that it's 1080p on the PS4?

edit: Yup.

SsPRFwU.png

BY2K

Membero Americo
AH: It's 1080. I have to get you the exact numbers because it's too technical for me which version of this it is, but yes, on both.

The hell does he mean by that?

hawk2025

"It's 1080. But don't quote me on that, because this is too technical for me." Jeez.

This statement means very little. Chances are that he was talking about the upscaled resolution.

On Demand

Banned
XB1 can do games in 1080p. Just not as good as PS4. So assuming both consoles strengths are being used, it's about what sacrifices have to be made to the XB1 version of the game. That's why resolution alone doesn't tell the whole story.

i-Lo

Fuck yea! Parity! Xbone owers rejoice! 900p be the sweet spot.

For PS4 owners, the quality of pixels outweighs the quantity of pixels on screen. All I hope for now is decent AF.

Love how hard it seems for ubi PR to know and remeber what resolutions their games are running at. It is like this whole debacle about resolution is something completely new and not one (if not the most) of the most talked about topics since the new gen started.

Chobel

Like I said in the other thread, I think because the game is marketed for PS4 he can't talk freely about the other versions, and that's why the statement looks weird.

Like I said in the other thread, I think because the game is marketed for PS4 he can't talk freely about the other versions, and that's way the statement looks weird.

This makes sense, but then you have Bioware coming out and just saying the resolution, Bungie did it for Destiny etc etc so I don't see why they're unable to just give us an answer. Makes it sound like they aren't sure to be honest

Xando

This makes sense, but then you have Bioware coming out and just saying the resolution, Bungie did it for Destiny etc etc so I don't see why they're unable to just give us an answer. Makes it sound like they aren't sure to be honest

Yeah.
Unless Ubisoft have a different contract than EA or Activision it just seems shady when other devs announce it before.

omonimo

Banned
Like I said in the other thread, I think because the game is marketed for PS4 he can't talk freely about the other versions, and that's way the statement looks weird.
They said Unity it's 900p on ps4 but they can't say FC4 it's 1080p for the xbone? O_O

Good for them.

I hope the framerate holds up. If they are pushing for 1080 on Xb1 that is hopefully a good sign for the PS4 framerate. They should have plenty of room to lock that down.

Could be the 1th console far cry the isnt a near constant 20fps.

I wonder if they increased any of the effects quality on PS4?
He seems to be hinting that they have.

"We didn't want people to have a worse game - like, you sort of understand if you have lower texture resolution or less hairs on the bear, but I don't want the experience to be different so that was a big technical challenge." (emphasis mine)

vcc

XB1 can do games in 1080p. Just not as good as PS4. So assuming both consoles strengths are being used, it's about what sacrifices have to be made to the XB1 version of the game. That's why resolution alone doesn't tell the whole story.

They're problably trading off framerate, effects and scene complexity.

So no performance advantage for PS4? FAIL!

They should utilize the PS4's extra horsepower.

Especially, since this game has PS4 exclusive content.

vpance

Not surprised if it is 1080p on both, it looks very cross gen.

Next year's Ubi output will be interesting. Will they be capable of making next gen only games at 1080p?

SeanTSC

Fuck yea! Parity! Xbone owers rejoice! 900p be the sweet spot.

For PS4 owners, the quality of pixels outweighs the quantity of pixels on screen. All I hope for now is decent AF.

The quantity of pixels directly effects the quality of them. Less aliasing, crisper, clearer. Upscaling, from any resolution, degrades quality significantly.

Top Bottom