• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sakurai details some returning rules, modes and options for smash WiiU

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
zlCfzSkIxXsomDvgwX

Pic of the day. Here's the settings menu for Rules. Comical pictures appear on the left when you go through the options, so I'll briefly introduce them.
zlCfzSkIweUrg_tluT

Going clockwise from the top-left corner, here are the pictures that appear for Rules, Time Limit, Custom Fighters, Stage Choice, Damage Ratio, and Handicap.
zlCfzSkIwo0B0jojcr

In the Wii U version, you can customize additional rules from the beginning of the game. Here are the pictures displayed for Stock Time Limit, Team Attack, Pause Function, SD Penalty, Damage Display, and Score Display. You can almost hear Fox's cry in the picture displayed for SD Penalty settings
Has stuff like coin battles which wasent in the 3DS version.

Cade

TEMPLE IS BACK HOLY FUCK $60 REDEEMED

3DS VERSION CAN GO STRAIGHT OUT THE WINDOW

NOW IF THE FAN IS BACK LIFE WILL BE FOREVER GOOD

Crayolan

Sakurai we all have those Temple textures drilled into our heads I don't know what you're trying to hide.

Also what are the two stages in the rightmost column of the 3rd picture?

The fact that additional rules were an unlockable in the 3DS version was beyond stupid.

They've always been an unlockable. Smash Wii U will be the first time in the series history they're not (someone correct me if I'm wrong, I think even 64 had some rules locked away).

Neiteio

if 3(dont remember if OG smash had the frequency or not) had it, im sure WiiU smash will
SSB64, Melee and Brawl all had adjustable item frequency. The 3DS version does not.

I just want confirmation the WiiU version will allow me to adjust the frequency of items on an item-by-item basis, I.E. Low, Medium, High, Very High, etc.

AdanVC

Daaamn I'm actually more excited to see the Temple stage is back. It's like the most iconic stage on the Smash series. One month to go, guys. One month to go.

KHlover

Banned
Yep, WiiU version still looking good.

TEMPLE!!!

Trust me, after you play the 3DS version extensively, anything that's above 240p blows you away easily.
Or anything with an actual design, really. Still can't wrap my head around how bad the 3DS CSS and SSS are.

FSLink

Banned
The Wii U menus are easy to read, colorful and HD, I don't see why there's confusion on why people like them.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
SSB64, Melee and Brawl all had adjustable item frequency. The 3DS version does not.

I just want confirmation the WiiU version will allow me to adjust the frequency of items on an item-by-item basis, I.E. Low, Medium, High, Very High, etc.

It was in the E3 build and used in the Invitational. I doubt they would cut the feature.

And to me the WORST part about the menu is the background. It's just a gradient.

Spinluck

Blame the 3DS's shit screen and resolution for the lacking customer character select screen.

You can fit menus on it easy, but close to 50 fighters? :lok

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, and Sakurai, can the game please remember our options? I don't want to have to change them every time I enter the Smash mode.

3DS version can remember our color preferences on a per-character basis but it can't remember we play stock matches?

ugoo18

Man, this game looks so damn polished, especially when compared to the 3DS's ugly character select and stage select screens.

Said it before after seeing this old gif of the WiiU version today

fd0vux6.gif

an i'll say it again, seeing WiiU stuff is such a breath of fresh air after having played the 3DS version for so long.

The 3DS version just can't bring the Smash spectacle and visual flair like i'd expect of SSB.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Yikes, the Yoshi suicide image is really dark! Also, is this the first confirmation of outlines for the Wii U version?

A previous PotD confirmed they are available for team matches so you can choose any costume for your fighter like in the 3DS version rather than being restricted to their red, blue or green outfits.

Top Bottom