• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lords of the Fallen Review Thread

Grief.exe

Van Ord's impressions

DtxVaYL.png

Karak

I am hoping this stays high because if it does the core game can be improved upon so much and to see another company take a different tact is awesome!

Karak

So if you are a souls fan, I'm guessing add at least one point cause this is the show in town to feed that craving.

Actually a couple Souls fans who played it with me were not the ones who liked it much. It has some subtle differences. So maybe + .5:) If they are demanding than it might even be - .5:)

HowZatOZ

Banned
Only thing I'll disagree with is IGN's negative of story lacking. It is clear Lords is being compared to the Souls series, but in comparison Lords definitely comes out on top in regards to story elements. Yes the Souls series does have lore/story hidden in the game's environments, but Lords does a better job in my opinion of giving the player that story.

Otherwise, definitely agree with most reviewers. It may not be for everyone, but so far from playing I've been enjoying my time, bugs and all.

Gator86

I hope this reviews well. I like the devs. They seem like they're really busting their asses in terms of responding to community feedback and messaging.

It's a win for everyone when a small team pulls a Rocksteady and joins the big boys/girls/genderqueer individuals.

nbthedude

I hope this reviews well. I like the devs. They seem like they're really busting their asses in terms of responding to community feedback and messaging.

It's a win for everyone when a small team pulls a Rocksteady and joins the big boys/girls/genderqueer individuals.
Apparently there is a huge 4gb day one patch that may address some of the bugs complained about in the reviews, so looking good.

GHG

Gold Member
Decent reviews. This is a buy for me since this is more my type of game than SO and the fact that I can get it on the PC for a bit cheaper.

Plus there is an SLI profile day 1!

Solid first entry for a new IP without guns, solid combat and some degree of challenge. This gen could do with more games like this.

Hope it does well so that they can continue to build on this.

Virgman

Neo Member
I'm wondering how this will perform on my 750 Ti. It's a placeholder until NVidia's next-gen 20nm Maxwell comes out next year (hopefully). I don't want to move over to AMD.

VanWinkle

I'm not too interested in the game, but I'm happy to see that it's getting pretty good scores! I was hoping it would be good because I know a lot of people here are excited for it.

Karak

I'm wondering how this will perform on my 750 Ti. It's a placeholder until NVidia's next-gen 20nm Maxwell comes out next year (hopefully). I don't want to move over to AMD.

You should be fine with a tweak or two on settings. Though buggy I didn't notice a ton of FPS drops on the various systems I tested on.

Etnos

Banned
If they were not that many releases around the block I would give this a chance. I'll keep an eye on it for the next summer drought, good to know its holding up so far.

Harabec

Neo Member
Reviews are a little lower than I would of hoped for, but I am still going to give it a shot because I love these types of games. Too bad I won't have much in the way of free time til the weekend.

Virgman

Neo Member
You should be fine with a tweak or two on settings. Though buggy I didn't notice a ton of FPS drops on the various systems I tested on.

Good to know. Some of the videos posted so far had me a little worried about FPS issues, but I think I'll be picking this one up. Really wish I could pick it up on GMG with that sweet 25% off.

Karak

Seems like there's some balancing issues with regards to difficulty and skills. Is this something that can be patched?

There was and I don't see that it can't be patched out if they feel it needs to be.

Good to know. Some of the videos posted so far had me a little worried about FPS issues, but I think I'll be picking this one up. Really wish I could pick it up on GMG with that sweet 25% off.

It runs well when not crashing. Sound funny but that is sort of the way it goes. It also overheated the VC seriously. Which is fine as I have a testing setup but that is the hottest my 980 has ever got by at least 10C.

Trace

Banned
Well considering Destiny and Driveclub both hit mid-70s, a developer with no previous "AAA" experience making a Souls-like game and hitting mid 70s is pretty damn solid to me.

Day 1 for me, will be looking to see what these guys make next.

Karak

Well considering Destiny and Driveclub both hit mid-70s, a developer with no previous "AAA" experience making a Souls-like game and hitting mid 70s is pretty damn solid to me.

Day 1 for me, will be looking to see what these guys make next.

This is...an excellent overall point.

Karak

Oh, so any reviews that are based on he PC don't have the patch then?

Mine was updated awhile ago but not sure if it was the patch or not. If not than man oh man hopefully they fixed the crashes! That was a real brain drain.

Top Bottom