• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto Online is still Take-Two’s biggest digital moneymaker

GTAO still making $$$

During the second quarter, $89.8 million of our non-GAAP net revenue was digitally delivered. Importantly, nearly 60% of this revenue was derived from recurrent consumer spending which grew 45% year-over-year. We continue to see strong consumer engagement with Grand Theft Auto Online, which has both exceeded our expectations and has been the single largest contributor to digitally-delivered revenue in every quarter since its launch.

Included with Grand Theft Auto V is free access to Grand Theft Auto Online, which now will feature online play for up to 30 players on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The current community of players will have the ability to transfer their Grand Theft Auto Online characters and progression to their choice of either PlayStation 4, Xbox One or PC. In addition, all content and gameplay created for both Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online will also be available for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC with more to come. Rockstar Games will continue to support both Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online with new offerings throughout the year, including regular content drops and limited-time event updates.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/261...-on-q2-2015-results-earnings-call-transcript?

http://venturebeat.com/2014/10/29/g...s-still-take-twos-biggest-digital-moneymaker/

DirtyCase

Considering the amount of copies sold to date this doesn't really surprise me. However the thought of spending real world money on GTA online makes me feel a little sick.

Foffy

Banned
Pretty crazy, because many people - myself included - were burned out with the various tinkerings Rockstar kept making to the game and just stopped playing. I stopped when they started to fuck with payment rewards to force the use of actual money to get anywhere in the game.

I guess those still playing are crazy dedicated, and to be fair on my end, I was burnt out before community creatable content was available. I assume that stuff really adds a lot of value to the product, which I hope it does when I get the enhanced GTA V release.

Still crazy that people are buying things with real money in huge amounts.

Top Bottom