• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Velcro Fly

So what's the verdict on Best Buy ship to home? They been pretty good with not cancelling preorders? Part of me wants to just not worry about finding Falcon and Pit this holiday and just let my BB preorder come.

Drago

Ok, I think its done, tell me what you think:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1equ0Rsj9fCTXCgi6nSfBotji-C2IVnumpNTk2pitxGU/edit?usp=sharing

I updated all info we know from Gamestop, Toys R Us, Target, Best Buy, Walmart and Amazon, added a few tips, amazon prices and later on I want to add DCPI and product numbers. If anyone has a tip feel free to comment.
Wait, Gamestop has Wave 3 amiibos listed for January 21st? I thought we were getting them in February. :0

Well I just had an interesting experience. I was at Target.checking out which ones they had and the only new one was Luigi. I grab one and head over about three or four aisles over to get some batteries.

A Target employee walks up to me and asks if I was looking for this. He holds up a Captain Falcon. I say "yes I was." He then says "wait did you ask me about it?". I said " nope but I was just over there looking for one". He then says "oh, well here you go".

I got one hand delivered out of the blue and I had no idea they had any. It doesn't end there though.

A few minutes later I go back to the Amiibo section to see if they put anymore out and the guy spots me. He comes up and says he needs to see the Captain Falcon. I'm thinking crap they found the guy who was looking for it. He then says he doesn't think it's released yet and he was going to scan it to see if it's street dated. Then another employee comes up and says they aren't out yet to the first employee and that's why they aren't pushing these to the shelves. The first employee says it rings up to him and then they both start looking on their phones and stock devices for a release date. At this point I think they are going to take it from me but then they couldn't find anything so they let me keep it.

What a night.

Drago

That's what I was told in two different gamestops by different people. Hmm, maybe I should keep it as its online date to avoid confusion.
Well, January 21st is the release date for Wave 3 in EU and JP, though they get Sonic, Mega Man, and Shulk in February. I thought that in NA, we were just getting them all at once in February.

We need official dates for these things... it's been a total mess.

Well I just had an interesting experience. I was at Target.checking out which ones they had and the only new one was Luigi. I grab one and head over about three or four aisles over to get some batteries.

A Target employee walks up to me and asks if I was looking for this. He holds up a Captain Falcon. I say "yes I was." He then says "wait did you ask me about it?". I said " nope but I was just over there looking for one". He then says "oh, well here you go".

I got one hand delivered out of the blue and I had no idea they had any. It doesn't end there though.

A few minutes later I go back to the Amiibo section to see if they put anymore out and the guy spots me. He comes up and says he needs to see the Captain Falcon. I'm thinking crap they found the guy who was looking for it. He then says he doesn't think it's released yet and he was going to scan it to see if it's street dated. Then another employee comes up and says they aren't out yet to the first employee and that's why they aren't pushing these to the shelves. The first employee says it rings up to him and then they both start looking on their phones and stock devices for a release date. At this point I think they are going to take it from me but then they couldn't find anything so they let me keep it.

What a night.
You should have checked out immediately after getting the amiibo

kunonabi

Mom just called and it looks like all Targets in the San Antonio are out of Captain Falcon. I'm going to check Toys R Us one last time tomorrow and if not I'll just do the ebay thing if it's still up.

tebunker

Banned
So earlier I posted that I bought Pit to effectively keep out of some random scalpers hands, dude flat out told me that "some of these things go for a lot of money" so I hate bought Pit. I am starting to feel like this should be a thing, I am going to hold on to Pit for a while, may return him, may not, but I may also offer him for cost+shipping. And I might be tempted to keep doing it just to keep these things out of scalpers hands.

It really bugs me to no end, these DBs were all huddled around the display, with their phones out to see if any of the others were rare. I regret letting him buy Diddy, but something tells me Diddy won't be as rare as Mac and Falcon

Interesting the Pit I ordered online from Gamestop this morning no longer has an option to cancel. I did do one day shipping so maybe it will be here next week.

Right after feeling discouraged due to driving out 30 minutes and checking three Targets for Falcon, I checked the thread on my phone and saw this link. It said it still had 10+ left, so I thought, "Well, I haven't registered an ebay account yet. I'll just rush home, set up one, and it'll save my day."

Less than 15 minutes later, I arrive home and its all sold out. Fuuuuuuck :(

So earlier I posted that I bought Pit to effectively keep out of some random scalpers hands, dude flat out told me that "some of these things go for a lot of money" so I hate bought Pit. I am starting to feel like this should be a thing, I am going to hold on to Pit for a while, may return him, may not, but I may also offer him for cost+shipping. And I might be tempted to keep doing it just to keep these things out of scalpers hands.

It really bugs me to no end, these DBs were all huddled around the display, with their phones out to see if any of the others were rare. I regret letting him buy Diddy, but something tells me Diddy won't be as rare as Mac and Falcon

I will take said Pit!

Right after feeling discouraged due to driving out 30 minutes and checking three Targets for Falcon, I checked the thread on my phone and saw this link. It said it still had 10+ left, so I thought, "Well, I haven't registered an ebay account yet. I'll just rush home, set up one, and it'll save my day."

Still make it. It's been going up and down all day.

Checked my local Target and Walmart (Northeast Twin Cities, MN), no Falcon, Pit, Zelda, Diddy, or Little Mac. Target had a couple Luigis but that was it. The guy I spoke to at Target said they hadn't received a Pit shipment yet.

I'm seriously considering taking work off for wave 3 (if it isn't seemingly random releases like this wave..). I need help.

Insaniac

I'm intertested in that Pit if you want to sell it

Xclash

can't grow facial hair
I have everyone but Falcon as of now but I did order off TRU from eBay. I can't believe that most of the Targets only got four each. Just insanity. Rosalina will be a lot worse and makes me want to import from elsewhere.

Jswanko

Checked my local Target today and they didn't get any Pit or Falcon but some Target's in my area did (looking online). Any chance my store will just get a late shipment?

SalvaPot

Wow... I think that's amazing work. I probably speak for more people than just myself, but I really appreciate you keeping up with all of this and corralling the info!

Aww shucks, thanks.

I am missing Diddy Kong and Pit right now, is specially frustrating since I have been telling everyone where and when to get them and then target and TRU cancelled my orders xD, hopefully i'll get one later on. I don't mind the package so I'll check.

You can buy as a guest with no account. It's how I've bought all of them.

crimnos

Just got an email from Gamestop that my Pit amiibo has shipped! This is in America. I ordered on 12/8, if that helps anyone who's waiting.

I was bored and googled and saw there are 1,683 Target stores in the US. So if every one of them received 4 Captain Falcon, that's 6,732 Captain Falcon's total for Target.

Still make it. It's been going up and down all day.
God, I hope I can catch another batch of figures. Falcon, Samus, and Star Fox were the only amiibos I wanted from the outset. I ended up catching the amiibo bug and got Luigi, Donkey Kong, and Zelda as well solely because of this thread.

You can buy as a guest with no account. It's how I've bought all of them.
I never use Ebay, so that's good to know. Now I just hope they put up more stock.

tebunker

Banned
I will take said Pit!

I will keep you and Insaniac in mind. Granted I have 30 days to return so I am going to wait till after Christmas and see what shakes out, so obv if you guys see one buy it and let me know. I just had to keep that neckbearded dude from buying it, like it was my moral duty as a gaming and nintendo fan.

I will keep you and Insaniac in mind. Granted I have 30 days to return so I am going to wait till after Christmas and see what shakes out, so obv if you guys see one buy it and let me know. I just had to keep that neckbearded dude from buying it, like it was my moral duty as a gaming and nintendo fan.

Canada won't have the rest of Wave 2 for awhile so I'll likely still need it by then

ScouserPants

Neo Member
At first I stumbled upon a Little Mac and was like "hey that ones hard to find I'll get that". Little did I know that was the beginning of the end. Now I have Little Mac, Luigi, Diddy, Captain Falcon with pre orders on Lucario, Meta Knight and Mega Man. AND I got buddies in Europe looking for Marth and Rosalina.

This turned into a problem a lot quicker than I thought.

Velcro Fly

No Captain Falcon but did see some Luigi.

Held off because I feel like it's going to be more common than most and I already have a BB preorder for cheaper than I would have paid. I'll trust in the system but I would have snapped up any Pit/Falcon I would have seen. Maybe I'm scum but I'd rather see people in this thread get the rare ones than scalpers or even people who live around me.

AEREC

No Captain Falcon but did see some Luigi.

Held off because I feel like it's going to be more common than most and I already have a BB preorder for cheaper than I would have paid. I'll trust in the system but I would have snapped up any Pit/Falcon I would have seen. Maybe I'm scum but I'd rather see people in this thread get the rare ones than scalpers or even people who live around me.

Saw tons of Luigi today...one Target had around 15+

KTS2448

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom