• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Jackbox Party Pack - Coming soon [Out now, $25]

Tregard

Soothsayer
DR43L3Z.png

Announced yesterday, it's a pack of 5 brand new(-ish) games coming soon(-ish) from the guys and gals who make You Don't Know Jack. Featuring:

- You Don't Know Jack 2015
- Fibbage XL
- Lie Swatter
- Word Spud
- Drawful

YDKJ2015, Fibbage and Lie Swatter are all know quantities, but as far as I know Word Spud and Drawful are completely new concepts from Jackbox, so it's a new version of You Don't Know Jack, an expanded version of Fibbage, most probably an expanded version of Lie Swatter with multiplayer support, and two brand new titles in the shape of Word Spud and Drawful.

Here's a humorous trailer for these humorous games

All games will be compatible with tablets and smartphones in the same way Fibbage currently is, which also means viewers will be able to play along with people livestreaming, something I'm sure will becoming a defining feature of these sorts of games. Up to 100 players can play at a time according to Jackbox, which will help expand this feature even moreso!

No word yet on if normal controllers work, or, as a matter of fact, even what platforms this is coming out on. Or when it's out. Or for what price. But hopefully there'll be some more news soon.

Make fart noise with buzzer if old.

Very excited about this. The smartphone integration with Fibbage is excellent - and if they're expanding that to YDKJ & other games, this is going to be a perfect party compilation.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Even if this was just YDKJ 2015 I'd be on this so hard. But with the extra packs ins and it sounds like it's going to be $30 or less? So good. This is so bought.

FrsDvl

Is there any indication on when this will be released? fibbage is so much fun, would love this for my birthday party next month!

Tregard

Soothsayer
Apparently not getting a PS4/PS3/X1 release outside the US? Jackbox seem to be saying only the PC version is worldwide.

Sucks if true :/

Chairhome

They just announced on fb its $25, releases this Tuesday, ps3/ps4 and xb1. Not sure if cross buy. Pc version will follow shortly, pc version is English only

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Apparently not getting a PS4/PS3/X1 release outside the US? Jackbox seem to be saying only the PC version is worldwide.

Sucks if true :/

Isn't that the same with fibbage? Some of the questions are very US-centric, which was my biggest problem with YDKJ and now fibbage.

They could easily make a more global friendly version in English, but then I wonder if they'd be allowed to publish that in Europe without localizations? Is it localised into French for Canada?

Edit: Facebook post and English only PC release makes it sound like a localisation restriction preventing a global console release..

Will watch some streams (or hopefully a quick look) to see how family friendly the games are. My kids are just a little too young for the ruder questions.

God dammit. I have family here this weekend and this would've been perfect :(

Still picking this up and I love good party games. Once I saw that Singstar was leveraging smart devices to augment a lack of dedicated peripherals (controllers, mics, etc..) I had a feeling more would follow suit. I think that's a smart evolution of the console space. This will be great for implementing local play on board games where the main board is on the TV but your own "hand" is shown on your smartphone/tablet.

Edit: Facebook post and English only PC release makes it sound like a localisation restriction preventing a global console release.

Judging from the streams (and the fact that many games get released here in English only), it's more of a "can't be arsed paying for foreign ratings boards to approve of this game" issue. Steam only wants ESRB, hence why the PC version is worldwide.

NA only right now by the way. Will bring to other regions if enough sales.
$24.99
Not coming out on Xbox 360 due to "almost impossible" self publishing restrictions
PS3/PS4 is NOT crossbuy
All games will be in one app

Some details from their livestream last week

You Don't know Jack has over 50 episodes, 4 of them are repeats from the ipad only version
Fibbage XL has 50% more content than Fibbage
Lie Swatter has about 6,000 questions
Drawful has over 1,000 prompts

DLC post launch - the response was maybe

will update as I listen

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Judging from the streams (and the fact that many games get released here in English only), it's more of a "can't be arsed paying for foreign ratings boards to approve of this game" issue. Steam only wants ESRB, hence why the PC version is worldwide.

Sucks if true. Digital self publishing should be a good way to maximise reach for relatively low cost. Not the end of the world - I can buy an Amazon gift card or pick one up in the BST thread

Chitown B

whoa

sucks about 360 (for my friend who doesn't have an X1).

But that's amazing. Fibbage is awesome and I'm always up for more Jack. Plus the other games look fun too.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
My wife was just playing the X360 version of YDKJ the other day with some friends and I was thinking how awesome it would be to get a current gen one, and here we are. I'll definitely be buying this.

Pudge

Sounds great. I wish there were PC versions of these games considering how big of a legacy Jackbox has on PC, but I'm just happy that they're putting out new games alongside new YDKJ.

EDIT: I didn't read the whole thread! I should go buy these on PC! Yay for me!

I NEED to know if all of these games are playable using smartphones (like Fibbage)

Here's the stream by the way: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HM0JP-vX-cc

Most of them require smartphones/tablets.

Check 12:08 in the video for the screen on smartphone use.

Basically you use your controller to navigate the main menu/play single player, but all MP is done through smartphones/tablets. You will go to jackbox.tv, enter the room code, and then play.

YDKJ2015 is 2-4 players, smartphones/tablets required for multiplayer (SP can be played with controller)
Word Spud is 2-8 players with smartphones or tablets required
Fibbage is 2-8 players with smartphones or tablets required
Lie Swatter - 1-100 players with smartphones or tablets required
Drawful - 2-8 players with smartphones or tablets required

JoshHood

I really wish they'd release this in the UK. Daft that the iOS/PC games are worldwide, but the actual party console ones have never released here.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I really wish they'd release this in the UK. Daft that the iOS/PC games are worldwide, but the actual party console ones have never released here.

Seems to be about $2000 to get a PEGI and USK rating, which would be needed to launch on console in Europe. You'd think that would be worthwhile though.

Seems to be about $2000 to get a PEGI and USK rating, which would be needed to launch on console in Europe. You'd think that would be worthwhile though.

Can't you just not pay that and go onto the market Unrated? Not that they should, more that I'm just curious if that PEGI eval fee is required to be sold period?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Can't you just not pay that and go onto the market Unrated? Not that they should, more that I'm just curious if that PEGI eval fee is required to be sold period?

There was an article with the developer of sixty second shooter saying that MS require that for publishing in Europe

Has anybody picked this up for PS3 yet, by chance? I kind of want to see if it runs like complete poo on PS3 (ala Fibbage) or not, but my download speeds are complete suck right now (rocking 50kb/s!)

Has anybody picked this up for PS3 yet, by chance? I kind of want to see if it runs like complete poo on PS3 (ala Fibbage) or not, but my download speeds are complete suck right now (rocking 50kb/s!)

I'm going to check out the PS4 version when I get home in a couple of hours. I downloaded the demo/trial to see how seamless the smart device connection is before I make the full purchase. I'm sure it'll be fine but I wanted to make sure. Crappy download speeds or not, you ought to download the demo for PS3 and test it out; unless of course you've got a data cap...

Top Bottom