• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1080p footage of FFXV tech demo

wmlk

Walkthrough (quite literally lol)

Tech Demo Vol. 1 (we should expect Vol. 2 before release since this is only for Luminous Engine 1.4; the final version should be Luminous Engine 2.0)

From Square Enix themselves. Looks gorgeous!

Enemies and events have been removed from the walkthrough since they want to show the vastness of the map and not much else. I'll take their word for it.

--

Here's a download link for the Walkthrough, and a download link for Tech Demo Vol. 1, courtesy of solromano.

1271.gif

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Really reminds of the first open area of FFXIII

I still question why are they traveling around in....a car :?

I mean this is Final Fantasy. Just seems laaaazy and so incongruous with the rest of the encironment and world

Direct Download link of the Walkthrough 1080p:
http://tinyurl.com/m6uj5rd

Direct Download link of the Tech Demo 1080p:
http://tinyurl.com/mwjdzsm

I was hoping for a direct uncompressed download link, anything on Youtube no matter how good a quality will be compressed somewhat. Ah well I will download it and watch it on my TV regardless :D.

let's just hope the game will run at 1080p when it's released

I'd rather to hope it runs at a stable 30 fps.

This is Square Enix we're talking about here, when it comes to technical mastery I see them in the same league as Naughty Dog.

I still question why are they traveling around in....a car :?

I mean this is Final Fantasy. Just seems laaaazy

This is a Fantasy based on reality. What are you expecting? 4 guys, 1 chocobo?

Beautiful! Love the scale. But what about those polygonal glitches in the mountains? I mean... that's PS1 era type of glitch.

DOWN

Banned
Are people not that excited by FF now? Because I'm not that into it and I think this looks amazing.

Still not feeling this, but I must say I really like that your party members sometimes run ahead of you. It's a little touch, but it does make you feel more like a group of individuals and not like you're mother goose being followed by your pathfinding babbies.

The true sequel for the Final Fantasy Franchise since FFIX in 2000.

There I have said it.
Why are FFX and FFXII discounted? XIII I can understand (even though I liked it myself), but discounting X which is very similar to the PS1 games, and discounting FFXII whose only fault is an innovative battle system, seems very wrong and entitled.

Plus on top of all this the game you're calling the true sequel is one that takes a radical step in a different direction than any FF before it and indeed was a spin-off that became a sequel.

Definitely some awesome stuff in there (I enjoyed the cave sequence, the close up of the female character model, and the clouds). But all that hair will need some sick AA to clean up.

Dark_castle

Creepy indeed, but oddly out of place considering how "realistic" many other enemies look.

But maybe it's because of the fact it's out of its original context.

How are the other enemies "realistic"? Many of them are all based on Amano's drawings, mythological beasts of some sort.

Why are FFX and FFXII discounted? XIII I can understand (even though I liked it myself), but discounting X which is very similar to the PS1 games, and discounting FFXII whose only fault is an innovative battle system, seems very wrong and entitled.

Plus on top of all this the game you're calling the true sequel is one that takes a radical step in a different direction than any FF before it and indeed was a spin-off that became a sequel.

Yeah, if anything this looks to building on FFXII...which I thought was epic.

thelastword

Banned
The environments look just as good as driveclub's, gorgeous graphics, very impressive for an rpg. Looking at the IQ though, it doesn't seem to be 1080p, seems lower with some visible shimmering. Maybe it was the quality of the video, I swear I've seen higher quality footage recently. Maybe Gamescon or TGS.

Sendou

Looks really pretty. A world I feel like exploring. The theme music (?) sounds very fitting too.

Looking at the IQ though, it doesn't seem to be 1080p, seems lower with some visible shimmering

I'm sure how you call tell from that footage. YouTube compression is brutal.

The environments look just as good as driveclub's, gorgeous graphics, very impressive for an rpg. Looking at the IQ though, it doesn't seem to be 1080p, seems lower with some visible shimmering

Yeah, environments look very similar to Driveclubs. The landscapes have a level of realism in their composition and scaling, as well as top notch lighting, that I haven't really seen anywhere else aside from Driveclub.

I wish they would send the footage to Gamersyde? Can't Blim put in a request?

Gamersyde should become the industry's standard video delivery site. Blim deserves it.

Are people not that excited by FF now? Because I'm not that into it and I think this looks amazing.
Threads with new FFXV news get loads of pages, so yes people are still very excited by FF. I even know people not into FF that think XV looks cool.

Hard to get hyped for a game many years away from release.
lol it's my most hyped game, in a weird way it's the main reason I got a PS4.

thelastword

Banned
Looks really pretty. A world I feel like exploring. The theme music (?) sounds very fitting too.

I'm sure how you call tell from that footage. YouTube compression is brutal.
Yeah, I edited. I was very impressed with the first gameplay footage shown and it looked very sharp a la 1080p to me, so maybe it's just this footage.

Top Bottom