• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XV World Map

wmlk

I should immediately note before people freak out that some obvious stuff like the vegetation that we saw from other footage is missing; it won't be this brown.

It's a topographic World Map.

So, I decided to have a bit of fun after having a look at the 1080p footage.

Here's the supposed World Map that I noticed. It was first shown during the Paris Games Week, but now we can discern the details pretty easily.

wYuRiIm.png

oTJJvTb.png

The white parts seem to be clusters of architecture/towns. Seems like there are 11 towns in the game.

Basically looks like world map from FFI - FFIX in-scale.

There might be more landmass missing since there are clearly cutoffs at some parts, but those could serve as bounds for the range.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Knights of the Round north east

I love this game already

LeBart

I haven't followed this game closely, is this the actual playable area or just a world map like the one in FF XII where you chose your destination?

Looking at the map it would definitely make sense for this game to have 5 major cities as previously speculated seeing as the space Accordo seems to to take up.

wmlk

I haven't followed this game closely, is this the actual playable area or just a world map like the one in FF XII where you chose your destination?

It's in-scale. So the whole game takes place on the world map.

It's deliberately connected since we're gonna be travelling the large expanses of land by road.

everything looks like mountains. is that a volcano bottom left from the first image?

anyways. i hope they show us more location in december though.

Considering there is a drivable car and previous builds had a controllable airship (not sure if that was cut), I have to imagine it won't be like FFX and XII where you just warp to different places.
Hopefully.

wmlk

Yeah, this is basically information overload lol

I should go on a blackout
but it's just so tough

We basically know how the game should look now.

KoopaTheCasual

We have tons and tons of speculation on the matter, but very little fact. People are tempering their expectations and thinking we're just gonna get a bigger version of FFXII, which still sounds great.

So much brown. I hope there's some detail added and this is just trying to obscure detail.

edit: nevermind. I missed the last sentence.

LeBart

It's in-scale. So the whole game takes place on the world map.

It's deliberately connected since we're gonna be travelling the large expanses of land by road.

Considering there is a drivable car and previous builds had a controllable airship (not sure if that was cut), I have to imagine it won't be like FFX and XII where you just warp to different places.
Hopefully.

Huh. Most impressive.
I hope it delivers.

valkyre

Where is this map coming from? Is this legit or something the OP created based on some videos?

I am trying to understand the accuracy in this.

BumRush

We have tons and tons of speculation on the matter, but very little fact. People are tempering their expectations and thinking we're just gonna get a bigger version of FFXII, which still sounds great.

With the cars and (probably) airships, I would like to think we'd get more "playable" area. At least I hope.

Unh unh......this is giving me FF8 worldmap feels... which was the very last FF with a proper world map. Game can't come soon enough... unhhhhhhh

KoopaTheCasual

With the cars and (probably) airships, I would like to think we'd get more "playable" area. At least I hope.
Yea, that's why i said there's lots of speculation, since we know we have controllable vehicles. I just don't want to get my hopes up yet, until Tabata explains how the airship will work.

Where is this map coming from? Is this legit or something the OP created based on some videos?

I am trying to understand the accuracy in this.

We already saw this world map in the video from that French event, I think they just released a high resolution version yesterday.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Unh unh......this is giving me FF8 worldmap feels... which was the very last FF with a proper world map. Game can't come soon enough... unhhhhhhh

... IX?

h3ro

That sandy area in the lower right quadrant looks ripe for some Costa Del Sol action.

There better be a beach ball for me to kick.

Yeah, this is basically information overload lol

I should go on a blackout
but it's just so tough

We basically know how the game should look now.
Information overload? I didn't think I would still be alive to read too much info about ffxv. Lol. Really excited about this.

Wynnebeck

Banned
I'm seriously getting hyped for this game. Haven't been this hyped since X and XII and both of those games were great to me.

Nibel

Please tell me that people didn't honestly believe this is the final worldmap and 'very brown' and that I'm shit at detecting sarcasm.

Top Bottom