• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Xbox One deals in the UK are just getting insane!

Tak3n

Banned
The latest offering by MS/Game

it was so good I had to do a double take but it is true £359 gets you

Console + Halo MCC + Cod AW + Forza 5 + a choice of Titanfall, Transformers, Lego Marvel or Spiderman 2

This is crazy, in fact I feel for anyone trying to sell their console second hand, it almost feels like we are getting to a situation where you will get so many games thrown in the console will effectively cost £100

in fact the Titanfall one has now sold out

http://www.game.co.uk/en/hardware/xbox-one-consoles/?merchname=topnav-_-XB1-_-consolebundles

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
Microsoft wants wins in UK and NA. That's all they seem to care about now and they'll spend whatever it takes to get it. (though they may not succeed in their plans)

this's the company that crushed netscape by giving away their own browser. it's how they do business when dealing with 'obstacles' :) ...

dakun

Microsoft wants wins in UK and NA. That's all they seem to care about now and they'll spend whatever it takes to get it. (though they may not succeed in their plans)

i don't get it really. sales will settle to what they have been the past year after December anyway. PS4 will lead again and any major advantage the XB1 had during the holiday (and i doubt it will even be a 1.5 to 1 situation) will be lost again except that MS didn't make a dime off the console sales.

Toki767

i don't get it really. sales will settle to what they have been the past year after December anyway. PS4 will lead again and any major advantage the XB1 had during the holiday will be lost again except that MS didn't make a dime off the console sales.

I don't think Microsoft is concerned about money. They just want their install base up at all costs because right now they're a lot closer to the Wii U for install base than they are to the PS4 (not that that will cause third parties to abandon them or anything). They just don't want to be associated with the "losing" console.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Must be doing great in order to have these deals.

This.

They may well not succeed but it seems to be their target atm. Which is sensible for them given historic trends.

I'm sure somewhere they wanted to make a splash on the continent this gen but that isn't going to happen so best retreat to the island(s) that make up the UK and pull up the drawbridge.

Great for those that were waiting without any atraction to either console. The XBox Christmas lineup is (imho) a great attraction for those on the fence and parents shopping for Christmas.

Warning - Statistically irrelevant anecdotal story from a small village in England:

I've told two parents in my village about the deals and they've snapped up XBox's for their kids. They were both waiting for prices to drop before they decided whether it was a PS4 or XBox.

harSon

Banned
this's the company that crushed netscape by giving away their own browser. it's how they do business when dealing with 'obstacles' :) ...

Kind of misleading, but whatever. Spending money is just their short term solution to remain competitive until their long term solutions can see the light of day,

Son Of D

Must be doing great in order to have these deals.

Not to start anything but PS4 has offers like this as well. ShopTo have a PS4 with GTA and CoD: AW for £359.86. Game have PS4, GTA, TLoU (Digital), Destiny and 12 months PS+ for £400.

They're just getting these insane bundles out for Christmas.

This is a good deal. It seems microsoft are trying to win back the UK at all cost.

Still not convinced though. Seems to me that the PS4 is still trucking along here.

everything above 299 euro, with or without game(s), is insanely overpriced for that hardware IMO. Not paying more for it than I did for my 360 at the time, which had better hardware and was drowning in games.

Definitely getting pretty crazy just about everywhere. In my years as a console gamer, I don't think I've seen anything quite like the discounting MS is doing this holiday.

cafemomo

good deal for you UK peeps.

Personally, I'm waiting for a a Xbox One + Forza H2 + Halo MCC + 1 year sub of live for $150

$350 is still overpriced imo

good deal for you UK peeps.

Personally, I'm waiting for a a Xbox One + Forza H2 + Halo MCC + 1 year sub of live for $150

$350 is still overpriced imo

Why not $9,99?

437.gif

Top Bottom