• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U / 3DS: Mewtwo WILL be available for purchase later on

L~A

Looks like Nintendo's initial announcement confused lots of people... and their lack of clarification didn't help.

But today, Nintendo tweeted this:

Mewtwo will be available to purchase later in #SmashBros, for those who don't register both versions.

Funny thing is, on the official page for the Club Nintendo offers, Nintendo of America uses the word "may"... Thanks god Nintendo of Europe is there to clarify things once and for all.

By the way, you need to register both games before March 31st (all territories) on Club Nintendo if you want to receive your codes... yes, codeS, as there's a different one for each version (Wii U and 3DS).
For the soundtrack CD, you have until :

- January 13th in North America (you can then request it before January 14th)
- January 20th in Japan/Europe (you can then request it before January 27th in Europe).

It'll be sent in Feb. in Japan / March in EU (1st quarter, officially) / NA

b95f9b1845ed8f447027b7e54a273dec_crop_exact.jpg

In seriousness, Nintendo has been pricing their DLC well, it'll probably be $1.99 to $2.99 at most.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Shocking news. It's odd that Nintendo took so long to clarify it though.

Can we have a hall of shame for those "$90 DLC" people that really thought this wouldn't happen...

JC Lately

In a related story: Water is wet and birds go 'tweet'.

Tune in next time for another installment of "things which should not need to be spelled out for you." Is fire hot? We'll find out!

That thread where people said "FUCK YOU NINTENDO, 100 DOLLARS FOR A CHARACTER, I'M OUT", man....what a mess.

Though I understand them, I usually rage too, but that was kinda obvious.

Coolluck

I'd hope that it's a 3 character pack that's $3 per character or like 7.50 for them all. I definitely don't want a Mewtwo Amiibo being the unlock method.

Kriken

But I was told Nintendo was forcing people to buy the 3DS version to get him, how could they be wrong?
/s

zruben

Banned
That thread where people said "FUCK YOU NINTENDO, 100 DOLLARS FOR A CHARACTER, I'M OUT", man....what a mess.

Though I understand them, I usually rage too, but that was kinda obvious.

this is Neogaf, not 4chan... I'm sure people here are not dumb enough to post those kind of posts without comedic intentions.

Morts

I want some reasonably priced DLC stages too.

Me too. I'd even be happy to buy some HD Melee/Brawl stages. Expanding the stage variety is best best way to add longevity to the game, and has to be easier than making new characters.

This was obvious from the moment they announced Mewtwo. Anyone who thinks a company, even Nintendo, would make a highly anticipated piece of DLC and exclusively release it for free to a limited number of people when they have the option to also sell it isn't thinking clearly.

Wait, was it ambiguous whether he was a free update or not? I thought they explicitly stated that he was free if you registered both versions of Smash as a special promotion (thereby costing money if you don't do that).

Hopefully it's not like the Hyrule Warriors pre-order DLC and it takes like half a year to be available. ...Still waiting on those.

I have both versions, but my brother does not, so I guess he'll have to wait to use Mewtwo on his 3DS :/

No use buying two copies of the Wii U game! (which I think is the main fault of this promo, you can have multiple 3DSs but generally only one WiiU per house).

goldenpp72

The delivery of this is kind of frustrating since my Fiancee and I have 2 copies of the 3ds one but only one of the U coming, I do buy the Amiibos so maybe they will give a code away with that too.

zruben

Banned
Hopefully it's not like the Hyrule Warriors pre-order DLC and it takes like half a year to be available. ...Still waiting on those.

I have both versions, but my brother does not, so I guess he'll have to wait to use Mewtwo on his 3DS :/

No use buying two copies of the Wii U game! (which I think is the main fault of this promo, you can have multiple 3DSs but generally only one WiiU per house).

well, it's not really an ideal solution, but you can always try to buy a club nintendo code on ebay or something.

Hip Hop

Just buy the Registration code off someone.

Payed $2 for the 3DS code, and will go towards the Soundtrack CD Club nintendo reward as well when I pick up Smash Wii U.

3bdelilah

Banned
They should add Mewtwo (and preferably some other unannounced characters) in a pack with new stages, I'd definitely buy that.

Top Bottom