• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians Beta Coming December 9th?

Detective

The new date first appeared on CVG with an interview with 343 Industries executive producer, Dan Ayoub. Along with this, Game Informer also listed the Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta as a new release on December 9 in their magazine.

Everyone who purchases the just-released Halo: Master Chief Collection will gain access to the Halo 5 beta on December 9.

Link

I Don't think this has been posted.

Ground Pound if old.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
That would mean they moved it up, original date was announced to be December 29.

Maybe as a form of apologizing for the MCC launch? Halo 5 looked like it actually worked, unlike MCC has.

Skele7on

Banned
tumblr_m8ivkqwXXw1qk355h.gif

HOLY GOD YES!

monome

the official date is December 29th. Might just be a typo.

I doubt this beta has anything to gain from going against Destiny's 1st expansion pack.

man, I hope so. My first baby is due in early January, so it'd be nice to have some Halo 5 time before I get all busy with her.

tbm24

That would be annoying. That week is exclusive to Destiny for me. Hope it isn't true, as much as I do want to play the beta.

Nephtes

If this is true, and the videos of Halo 5 can be believed, and Halo 5 plays as fast and fun as it looks...

This is going to make playing Halo MCC multiplayer after December 9th really really hard...

Naked Lunch

My brain cant handle 5 Halo games in such a short span.
Hope tonight's patch cleans things up because this is gaming bliss.

Logically I'm thinking it's a typo but I'm secretly hoping it's true and it's going to last until the original end date in January...

Dabanton

If it's December 9th I'll buy Halo:MCC right now. I held off as I'm off on a long holiday beginning of the new year and would only get 2 days of the beta, if it comes out on it's original date.

Really hope it's a typo. I wouldn't have time to play it.

I really don't understand this line of thinking. I see it all over the /r Halo subreddit, too. Why WOULDN'T you want the beta to release earlier, assuming you have any passing interest in playing it? Even if you can only hop on for a few minutes/week, isn't that better than not playing it at all?

And even if this date change turns out to be true it's not like 343 or any of these sources announced an earlier cut-off date. So would it really bother you that much if other people were enjoying the game before you, even though you could still play till your heart's content from 12/29?

Sephzilla

Well what else are you expecting them to give you? Here is $30 sorry? There is no DLC for this game.

Was maybe hoping they'd announce that they'd go and finish one or two of the H2A maps that Certain Affinity cut-off / didn't finish. It was admittedly a stretch, but I was far more interested in some good will extra stuff for MCC than an extended beta for a game I don't really care about.

please do! my semester ends the 12th so the beta kicking off on the 9th would dope. thatd give me a solid week of beta gaming before the holidays revs up in full force.

Top Bottom