• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix will reveal a new console RPG that isn’t a remake in December

Exentryk

Square Enix is going to reveal a new RPG for console that isn’t a remake sometime next month, company president Yosuke Matsuda told the latest issue of Famitsu.

“Actually, right now, we’re working on a new RPG specifically for consoles and it isn’t a remake,” Matsuda told Famitsu. “We’ll start talking about it more in December and go from there.”

More at Gematsu

Mr. RHC

Final Fantasy XVI

iz6JdhzEIGVkd.gif

Famassu

Please be something Ito related. He had some game in planning/prototyping/early development phases many years ago before it was possibly cancelled due to the mammoth-FFXIV-screw-up-then-turnaround effort, I hope they've given him a new chance (either with the old project or some new one) after they were done with FFXIV ARR.

Rocky

Banned
Dragon Quest XI exclusively for PS4, demo included in Dragon Quest: Heroes.

It makes a lot of sense. Horii already said he wanted the next Dragon Quest to be on consoles and played on a big screen and now SE is revealing new console RPG in Dec.

I'm going with DQ XI announcement as well.

A completely and totally new game for home console or handheld? Oh nice. I look forward to it.

EDIT: Suppose a sequel to a current series is possible based on the info.

Vhalyar

Please be something Ito related. He had some game in planning/prototyping/early development phases many years ago before it was possibly cancelled due to the mammoth-FFXIV-screw-up-then-turnaround effort, I hope they've given him a new chance (either with the old project or some new one) after they were done with FFXIV ARR.

He's responsible for FF3 and FF3 DS right? Fuck no then.

Go_Ly_Dow

Remember that Famitsu issue back in May?

In which Hashimoto was standing with two developers who were cut out from the picture. And it was stated its a new project to release later this year.

Must be that.

Please don't be a Toriyama x Kitase duo project :(

Top Bottom