• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phil Spencer: You will see JRPGs on Xbox One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Septic360

Banned
Lets hope he doesn't just mean third party shiz cause that's a given.

Also, a couple of JRPG's like on the 360 is not enough.

ttocs

They really need another Lost Odyssey. That was such a breath of fresh air in a stale genre. Vesperia was another favorite from the 360 (and introduced me to the Tales series.)

wapplew

Holyshit, Spencer have spoken, hold on to your seat.
Your beloved JRPG will become xbox exclusive, better buy one now.

SE newly tease console RPG?

Xater

Of course you will just most likely not exclusive. I don't know why this is newsworthy. Like the first reply said FFXV and KH3 are already coming.

cafemomo

Meh, I still have a gut feeling that Square will pull a Konami (e.g Rising) and make FFXV a PS4 exclusive in Japan and the Asias

Zaku

"...because Square Enix and other third parties are porting them. We're not actually doing anything of our own initiative on that front. That'd be absurd."

If only he had said exclusive.

Wish he and Microsoft would get in touch with Sakaguchi and Mistwalker again but considering how poor sales were I know it'll never happen.

Krakn3Dfx

Perfect response

Also Xbox One already have the exclusive Scalebound, that's much better quality wise (probably, hopefully) than your usual JRPG,

Lol, no actual footage seen yet, just a 30 second CG trailer, and it's already better quality than your "usual jrpg". Also, probably not a JRPG.

Shake-My-Head-Reaction-Gif.gif

Perfect response

Also Xbox One already have the exclusive Scalebound, that's much better quality wise (probably, hopefully) than your usual JRPG,

I'm a big Platinum Games fan so I have nothing against Scalebound, but I don't see how that game makes up for the lack of JRPGs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom