• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games, apps, Blu-Ray playback randomly disappearing on Xbone thanks to Live problems

Has this happened to anyone else today? I noticed my Far Cry 4 was missing from my PINS, so I went into my games library and launched the game only to get an error (must insert disc. etc) even though it's a digital DL!! I did the hard reset to no avail. Just out of curiosity I went to the Xbox Store to see if for some odd reason I had to re-download (maybe my kids erased it?) ...but Far Cry 4 wasn't even showing up in the MS Store. It gave another error!!

Did Ubisoft pull it for updates, or what? What's going on here? My other games work fine.

Happened to me a few days ago with a different game, tried again an hour later and it was fixed, it's due to issues with Xbox live.

Happened to me a few days ago with a different game, tried again an hour later and it was fixed, it's due to issues with Xbox live.

Ok sweet... Yeah I think I remember hearing something like that a while back!! I've never really encountered any LIVE issues EVER.. So this is new to me

Yeah I'm trying to watch a Blu-Ray and the app is missing so I can't fucking watch it.

Why the fuck is it even an app you have to download anyways? Seriously.

Raide

Yeah I'm trying to watch a Blu-Ray and the app is missing so I can't fucking watch it.

Why the fuck is it even an app you have to download anyways? Seriously.

Got my Guardians of the Galaxy Bluray and I got the same issue haha.So annoying but I can wait.

shandy706

Disable wifi and see if it shows up.

Edit** Unlike what some may be thinking (you need Live to play), I found it was the opposite. Live was causing the problem during maintenance/down time.

I had a similar situation, turned off wifi/internet access..and the game worked. (obviously won't work for online only games).

Edit #2*** It's also possible Ubisoft is doing something stupid...who knows.

That is really fucked up. Could you just disconnect from the internet to watch?

Wait wait wait. The app isn't built into the system? What the fuck?

It's likely a matter of paying for the licensing fees. This way, MS just has to pay for the people who actually use it as opposed to paying for every console.

A network error should not delete/hide apps, it's like online DRM is creeping back in...

It stuns me how much of the Xbox One's basic functionality is still so strongly tied to being online. My internet wasn't working the other day and, poof, just like that, all my pins were gone. Good luck finding all your stuff!

shone237

Unconfirmed Member
xlive is a hot mess.

Trying to join friends games constantly sends me to the wrong servers.

To say Live has issues would be understated but correct.

Ramza

Banned
It's likely a matter of paying for the licensing fees. This way, MS just has to pay for the people who actually use it as opposed to paying for every console.

I guess so, but they would have to pay the fee anyways since their games are on bluray disc. Unless a person went all digital, I guess.

It stuns me how much of the Xbox One's basic functionality is still so strongly tied to being online. My internet wasn't working the other day and, poof, just like that, all my pins were gone. Good luck finding all your stuff!

Remnants of the "always online" console it was meant to be.

I guess so, but they would have to pay the fee anyways since their games are on bluray disc. Unless a person went all digital, I guess.

It might be a different licensing fee. I'm not really sure. I just remember hearing that was the justification at some point. And don't get me wrong, I think it's total BS. Just one more "internet required" feature that shouldn't have to be.

Noobcraft

Weird. Ironically I've been able to play Halo MCC online just fine today >_<

I did notice that one of my games changed its name though...

So glad this thread came up. Tried to put a dvd in for my kids and my X1 refused to play it. Eventually uninstalled the blu ray app and tried to reinstall... Wouldn't let me. Much anger followed, but I'm hoping it will be fixed soon.

Bullshit though, why the hell should Live affect the blu ray player?

ClearData

Same thing happened with my media player app. It was acting up so I deleted it to reinstall again and it went MIA from my games and apps screen. I tried to download it from the app store and I got a "this content is unavailable" error. After 30 minutes chatting with support they found out it was a known issue they were working on and after a few more hours they reposted the app on the store so i was able reinstall it.

That's a crazy level of control over apps I think. But I can understand pulling something that isn't working.

here goes "ms is much better with online than others" wtcf is happening this gen? even ms is having problems with their online..man the digital future is getting worse and worse

That always-online, digital future we were promised, that shining utopia that we "entitled" consumers rejected, showing its true colors. This is the company that was set to lead us into that bright, new dawn? What a joke.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Do you need to be connected to the internet in order to watch Blu-Ray movies normally on Xbone?

Is this an actual thing?

GHG

Tried to stream a video to my xbox using play to a couple of hours ago and got some message about xbox videos needing a disk.

Turns out it's just xbox live fucking around. Fix this shit Microsoft. I should not need my applications to be online to stream videos over my home network.

Do you need to be connected to the internet in order to watch Blu-Ray movies normally on Xbone?

Is this an actual thing?

No.

But its an app you download. It sounds like they're is some licence problem since these features are apps and not built into the OS proper.

DBT85

I can't believe some people were pissed at those who rallied against always online and everything else when stuff like this still happens.

Top Bottom