• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors Version 1.4.0 Update is NOW LIVE! amiibo, Spinner, new medals, +more

Update came early.

d46t9u8mj29qm296g.jpg

Version 1.4.0

The maximum warrior level is now 150!
You can now carry up to 999 of a single type of material!
New mixtures have appeared in the Apothecary!
New medals are waiting to be won!
You can now receive amiibo presents! Touch an amiibo to the GamePad while on the title screen to get a random bonus. An amiibo can give you only one present a day, but you can receive up to five presents if you use five different amiibo!

------------
From the Link amiibo:

zlCfzSsVrx4PSSVKlw

Random weapon obtained from non-Link amiibo:

zlCfzSsVtq4DqBI5fQ

JB2448

The update is out as of 9:00 PM EST. Here is the changelog:
1.4.0 Version Notes said:
The maximum warrior level is now 150!
You can now carry up to 999 of a single type of material!
New mixtures have appeared in the Apothecary!
New medals are waiting to be won!
You can now receive amiibo presents! Touch an amiibo to the GamePad while on the title screen to get a random bonus. An amiibo can give you only one present a day, but you can receive up to five presents if you use five different amiibo!
Man, I should really start making threads or something.
But yeah, the Adventure Mode map adds 20 new Gold Skulltulas.

Luigi87

I want to play this so much again, but I've sworn to hold off until all the DLC is out... THEN I SHALL FEAST.

Season pass was so worth it.

And it's funny, as when I bought the season pass I was all "Why did I do this?!" (I bought just because... Zelda), since I didn't know what would be coming... but oh so worth it.

Neo Dark

Is this for all regions?

Oh is it because tomorrow's Thanksgiving and the office will be closed? (Assuming it's out for North America already as well)

Just tried out he amiibos. Link's amiibo gave me the Ancient Spinner:

zlCfzSsVrx4PSSVKlw
[/IMG]

Then I used Peach's amiibo for a random weapon and it ended up being a Triforce Spinner:

zlCfzSsVtq4DqBI5fQ

Richie

Restart the game right after you update it, and if you've purchased the DLC, it'll start installing. Stupid, I know, but that's how it works sometimes.

Woah, really? I thought it released tomorrow. (Not being an ass in case it does, just what I recalled)

Restart the game right after you update it, and if you've purchased the DLC, it'll start installing. Stupid, I know, but that's how it works sometimes.

Oh wow. I thought only the update was out and not the DLC. Niiiice. Must. Use. Twili Midna!!!

Blues1990

This guy managed to do it.
... Before the updates, and the DLC, and more of the updates.
Shit, nobody will 100% this.

You have to feel a bit bad for him, as he sounded so defeated at several points during this video. I mean, good god, there is so much to do in this game, it can sometimes be a bit daunting.

It's already out actually. I'm just having trouble getting it to download/update.

It's out. I was right before my edit. The DLC just came out a bit later

zkd7bl506ld59k96g.jpg

Zelda and Link's new costumes unlocked by default.

Awesome! I'm going to download it right now! :D

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I remember the Master Quest Pack had a lot of little hidden costumes, like the Darmani/Lulu outfits.

Wonder if there are any little ones in the TP Pack like that?

Neo Dark

You have to feel a bit bad for him, as he sounded so defeated at several points during this video. I mean, good god, there is so much to do in this game, it can sometimes be a bit daunting.

Awesome! I'm going to download it right now! :D

Yeah it's no easy task and yeah sure is awesome but seems it might be tricky getting the download. Not sure why I said the costumes unlock by default.. since you paid for them. Must be due to playing too much Smash Bros. today. Here's a picture to tide you over.
d46t9u8mj29qm296g.jpg

No matter how many times I try I can't get the DLC to download. I'll turn it on again later. Pretty frustrating.

Try restarting the console. Before my edit I wrote that I actually couldn't get the 1.4 update working even though I saw the install happen at the home menu. So I ended up restarting the console and booted up the game again from the home menu and it started downloading an update that took longer than the first in which I wrote that I was thinking it might be the DLC but then remembered I still hadn't gotten 1.4 to load. Next thing you know, it installs and both 1.4 and the DLC is there for me lol

Oh and if you wish, you're welcome to use the screenshots on your main post so other people can see it and well proof that the update is indeed live.

Wow 150 levels now? I wonder if the Majora's Mask pack will have even harder missions than the new master quest maps...

Love the amount of content they're putting out for this game though :) I don't really want an amiibo but I'm kind of tempted to buy one anyway for the Spinner...

Try restarting the console. Before my edit I wrote that I actually couldn't get the 1.4 update working even though I saw the install happen at the home menu. So I ended up restarting the console and booted up the game again from the home menu and it started downloading an update that took longer than the first in which I wrote that I was thinking it might be the DLC but then remembered I still hadn't gotten 1.4 to load. Next thing you know, it installs and both 1.4 and the DLC is there for me lol

Oh and if you wish, you're welcome to use the screenshots on your main post so other people can see it and well proof that the update is indeed live.

Still no dice! Tried it many times now. I'll wait elsewise I think I'll go crazy.

Neo Dark

Still no dice! Tried it many times now. I'll wait elsewise I think I'll go crazy.

Haha alright.

So the new Twilight adventure map has some new rules. There's portals. You can't use red ones. Only green ones. You use Ooccoo cards to change them to green. Certain battles use Twilight rules and the area is covered in Twilight. You need Tears of Light cards to clear those areas.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I just wish we could get a new stage in one of these DLC packs...

No Termina stage in the Majora Mask DLC will be disappointing, but I guess the Adventure Map in that will probably be made to resemble the layout, like how this one's Adventure Map is TP Hyrule I think.

To those who cant get the DLC working, restart your console and do it from the quick start menu

Played for a little bit and its awesome. This is my GOTY

I had to hold off getting Bayo 2 because I am obsessed with completing this game. I can hardly keep up with the new content. I've barely scratched the Master Quest Adventure Map =S

Top Bottom