• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 4 (PS4) God Rays Removed in Latest Patch (Why Ubi??)

psychotron

The latest patch for Far Cry 4 has apparently removed the beautiful God Rays from the game and left us with something far less appealing. It was first brought up in the analysis by NX Gamer below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nKuA3dVhhc&list=UU7Jo0VTzeyYbZ8cVk3k-EhA

Further evidence is pointed out by Rebel Leader in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb09dUEaR9M&feature=youtu.be

At this point I can't help but wonder why they would remove something like this when the game was running at a near perfect 30fps most of the time. Hopefully it's just a glitch in the patch.

OSHAN

Well at least I know I'm not going crazy. But why remove this? Parity isn't a real answer. Was it a mistake?

Ricky_R

I think Ubisoft forgets how easy it is for gamers to notice these things and spread them throughout the internet.

ib008mlHj4vR9m.gif

Respawn

Banned
The latest patch for Far Cry 4 has apparently removed the beautiful God Rays from the game and left us with something far less appealing. It was first brought up in the analysis by NX Gamer below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nKuA3dVhhc&list=UU7Jo0VTzeyYbZ8cVk3k-EhA

Further evidence is pointed out by Rebel Leader in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb09dUEaR9M&feature=youtu.be

At this point I can't help but wonder why they would remove something like this when the game was running at a near perfect 30fps most of the time. Hopefully it's just a glitch in the patch.

Thanks for this. Money saved from disaster.

Next up, patching Black Flag to 900p.

I really can see this happening seeing the bullshit they're pulling.

Worst gaming company of the year with honors.

Peterthumpa

That's obviously just a bug, the game had no performance issues before the patch. Just wait for the (also) obvious upcoming fix and be happy.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Most likely a bug that can be easily rectified with another patch.

Bricky

Yves: 'Hey, you there, intern, patch some graphical effects out of Unity to improve framerate before you go home will ya?'
Intern: 'Uhm, sure'
*Opens fc4settings.ini and deletes random lines*
Intern: 'Guess that'll do'
*Upload*

Crossing Eden

Yves: 'Hey, you there, intern, patch some graphical effects out of Unity to improve framerate before you go home will ya?'
Intern: 'Uhm, sure'
*Opens fc4settings.ini and deletes random lines*
Intern: 'Guess that'll do'
*Upload*
This was debunked a while ago bud. No effects were patched out of Unity.

Gold_Loot

That's obviously just a bug, the game had no performance issues before the patch. Just wait for the (also) obvious upcoming fix and be happy.
No way man ! Way too reasonable. How dare you use common sense here? You need to be screaming how UBI soft is the devil and praying their employees lose their jobs.

Kade

Is it still not a great game?

Not anymore no. Far Cry as a series is known for its implementation of God Rays and when you take that out of the equation what you're left with is just another system-driven sandbox shooter.

dex3108

This is why i hate this forum. R* removes (or it is simply a bug) vegetation animations people say who cares, Ubisoft removes (or it is simply a bug) God Rays and whole hell breaks. Also remember ACU Patch Downgrade thread.

Crossing Eden

Is it still not a great game?
It's as ridiculous as the people who said that they won't buy GTAV due to a lack of swaying trees. Not that many are saying that they won't buy the game now due to this.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
This is why i hate this forum. R* removes (or it is simply a bug) vegetation animations people say who cares, Ubisoft removes (or it is simply a bug) God Rays and whole hell breaks. Also remember ACU Patch Downgrade thread.

GAF isn't a hive mind.
You need to look at individual posters.

JayEH

What the hell? The game was running fine for the 10 hours I've played. This can't be performance related can it? The game is quite the looker, I'd be really disappointed if they took this out.

Top Bottom