• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aaron Greenberg: Microsoft won't announce any new games at TGAs

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Slightly disappointing, but I didn't expect it to be anything but 3rd party and multiplatform titles in the first place. That's what the VGAs tended to be heavy on as well.

This doesn't mean that they won't show any new trailer right? Was sorta hoping a new Scalebound trailer or a Gears reveal trailer.

blakep267

I don't know if anybody is going to show any "new" games. Probably stuff we already know

Anything new would've been shown at e3 or gamescom

Krakn3Dfx

But how does Eve Greenberg feel about this? :p

giphy.gif

KAL2006

Banned
Not surprising in fact I think they showed Crackdown and Phantom Dust too early as they seem pretty far off. Is the Platinum Games title even due for 2015?

Xando

I guess they showed almost everything for 2015/16 (except gears) and we'll only be getting updates on already announced games.

Do MS have anything planned for next year beyond Halo 5? It seems like it's going to be a long and barren year for Xbone owners.

Wat

Quantum Break
Halo
Ori
Some of the previously announced games I can't recall ATM
New unannounced games
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Several indie games (Below, Playdeads new game)

prwxv3

Not surprising in fact I think they showed Crackdown and Phantom Dust too early as they seem pretty far off. Is the Platinum Games title even due for 2015?

They showed them early because of the beating they were getting. I still think it was a mistake to announced them this early though.

They probably don't have any new games to announce right now.

I'm sure that RARE game that was being teased has already been cancelled in favour of a new KSR thanks to sales spike caused by the store glitch.

Phil Spencer has already said we won't hear about Quantum Break, Scalebound and Phantom Dust until 2015.

Crackdown seems like its much further away, I doubt anyone really wants to see Fable Legends.

Perhaps we'll get a Halo 5 trailer for the beta at the end of the month, maybe Tomb Raider (as an Xbox exclusive) will show up.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Their megaton will be that Halo finally works.

Prine

Banned
Do MS have anything planned for next year beyond Halo 5? It seems like it's going to be a long and barren year for Xbone owners.

Errrr ofcourse? Why would they focus on 2015 in 2014 ? Its the second round of games of course production would have ramped up. Wait till e3.

It was ntkrnl that dropped bombs early this year when people were saying the same.

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
Tons. Fable Legends, Quantum Break, Tomb Raider, Ori, Screamride, Below, and Inside so far. Probably a new Forza and likely another unannounced game or two.

Halo 5
Screamride
State of Decay Year 1 Edition
Ori & the Blind Forest
Fable Legends
Cuphead
Quantum Break
Forza 6 (probably)
Below
Rise of Tomb Raider
Inside
Neverwinter Online
Happy Wars
Killer Instinct Season 3
Indies, Indies, Indies

Your concern is noted however

Phil Spencer has already said we won't hear about Quantum Break, Scalebound and Phantom Dust until 2015.

Crackdown seems like its much further away, I doubt anyone really wants to see Fable Legends.

Perhaps we'll get a Halo 5 trailer for the beta at the end of the month, maybe Tomb Raider (as an Xbox exclusive) will show up.

I still don't understand what the point of Fable Legends is. Would have been so much better had it been a side project like Heroes and they were working on a proper Fable instead...

Weren't the VGAs always more focused on multiplatform announcements anyways? Thinking back through their biggest debuts (Arkham City, Skyrim, No Man's Sky, Metal Gear Rising, Sleeping Dogs, Spec Ops) - it's almost always been third party. I recall them having a Halo Reach trailer once, but I don't think Microsoft's ever announced an exclusive there.

Mifune

Mehmber
Weren't the VGAs always more focused on multiplatform announcements anyways? Thinking back through their biggest debuts (Arkham City, Skyrim, No Man's Sky, Metal Gear Rising, Sleeping Dogs, Spec Ops) - it's almost always been third party. I recall them having a Halo Reach trailer once, but I don't think Microsoft's ever announced an exclusive there.

The Last of Us was revealed at VGAs.

This year Sony will have new stuff from Bloodborne and The Order for starters. I really wanted to see more Quantum Break. Oh well...

As I said in the E3 thread, they blew their load then to get some momentum going for the platform.
Sony on the other hand have had a good E3, an excellent gamescom and will have the worlds gaming media focused on them for their own event.

Microsoft always has good E3's and poor showings elsewhere usually. They are so US focused.

We really wont know until E3. I doubt Crackdown is 2015 but I wouldn't be too surprised if Phantom Dust or Scalebound made it. Phantom Dust is an already designed game. They wont need to change much aside from graphics and probably the mission structure. My point is that the foundation is already there. I thought someone said that scalebound was actually even prior to E3 2014. I may be wrong but that would indicate to me that it may be further along in development than people think.

I still don't understand what the point of Fable Legends is. Would have been so much better had it been a side project like Heroes and they were working on a proper Fable instead...

Studio head that replaced Peter Molyneux has a background in MMOs, and seemingly its what Lionhead wanted to make but to be honest I don't know many people that want that sort of game out of the Fable franchise.

Im hoping their new IP will be a new RPG but I suspect it'll be something that expands on the cloud/multiplayer work they're doing with Fable Legends, unfortunately.

I don't see any way of that game being a financial success and you just know reviews are going to slaughter it for not being RPG (whether thats fair or not...)

Top Bottom