• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NJPW World |OT| Like the WWE Network, but better

Status
Not open for further replies.
NJPW World schedule for March ~ April;

03/29 - Road to Invasion Attack - Shizuoka Act Tower - 23:00 PST | 02:00 EST | 07:00 GMT | 08:00 CET | 15:00 JST

• Sho Tanaka & Tiger Mask vs The Young Bucks
  • Cody Hall & Kenny Omega vs Captain New Japan & Mascara Dorada
  • Manabu Nakanisi, Yuji Nagata & Ryusuke Taguchi vs Hiroshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima & Yohei Komatsu
  • Hirooki Goto, Katsuyori Shibata & Tomoaki Honma vs Doc Gallows, Karl Anderson & Tama Tonga
  • Shinsuke Nakamura, Tomohiro Ishii, Toru Yano, Beretta & Rocky Romero vs Hiroshi Tanahashi, Togi Makabe, Tetsuya Naito, Alex Shelley & KUSHIDA
  • Kazuchika Okada, Gedo & YOSHI-HASHI vs AJ Styles, Bad Luck Fale & Yujiro Takahashi
04/02 - Road to Invasion Attack - Tokyo Korakuen Hall - 02:00 PST | 05:00 EST |10:00 GMT | 11:00 CET | 18:30 JST

• Sho Tanaka vs Yohei Komatsu
  • Jushin Liger, Tiger Mask & Jay White vs Ryusuke Taguchi, Alex Shelley & KUSHIDA
  • Yuji Nagata, Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima vs Doc Gallows, Karl Anderson & Cody Hall
  • Captain New Japan & Mascara Dorada vs Kenny Omega & Tama Tonga
  • Hiroshi Tanahashi, Hirooki Goto, Katsuyori Shibata, Togi Makabe & Tomoaki Honma vs Shinsuke Nakamura, Tomohiro Ishii, Kazushi Sakuraba, Toru Yano & YOSHI-HASHI
  • Kazuchika Okada, Beretta & Rocky Romero vs Bad Luck Fale & The Young Bucks
  • Kota Ibushi & Tetsuya Naito vs AJ Styles & Yujiro Takahashi
04/05 - Invasion Attack - Tokyo Ryogoku Kokugikan - 00:00 PST | 03:00 EST | 08:00 GMT | 09:00 CET | 16:00 JST

• Jushin Liger, Manabu Nakanishi, Ryusuke Taguchi, Tiger Mask & Sho Tanaka vs Yuji Nagata, Captain New Japan, Alex Shelley, KUSHIDA & Yohei Komatsu
  • Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima & Tomoaki Honma vs Tama Tonga, Yujiro Takahashi & Cody Hall
  • IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Titles: The Young Bucks (c) vs Roppongi Vice (Beretta & Rocky Romero)
  • IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title: Kenny Omega (c) vs Mascara Dorada
  • IWGP Heavyweight Tag Titles: Doc Gallows & Karl Anderson (c) vs The Kingdom (Matt Taven & Michael Bennett)
  • Hirooki Goto, Tetsuya Naito & Togi Makabe vs Shinsuke Nakamura, Tomohiro Ishii & YOSHI-HASHI
  • Hiroshi Tanahashi & Katsuyori Shibata vs Kazushi Sakuraba & Toru Yano
  • Kazuchika Okada vs Bad Luck Fale
  • IWGP Heavyweight Title: AJ Styles (c) vs Kota Ibushi
04/17 - Road to Wrestling Dontaku - Tokyo Korakuen Hall - 02:00 PST | 05:00 EST |10:00 GMT | 11:00 CET | 18:30 JST

04/29 - Wresting Hinokuni - Kumamoto Grandmesse - 01:00 PST | 04:00 EST | 09:00 GMT | 10:00 CET | 17:00 JST

MyuypPu.png

aJc4iRc.png
Imre4i7.gif

• NJPWWorld.com
  • over 1,000 matches from 1973 ~ 2014
  • all major PPVs from 2012 ~ 2014
  • every Tokyo Dome show from 1992 ~ 2014
  • numerous events broadcast live each month
  • ¥999 a month, cancel any time with no commitment
NJPW World is the newly launched online streaming service from New Japan Pro-Wrestling, the no.1 professional wrestling company in Japan. For ¥999 a month (£5.39, €6.74, $8.40) you get access to archive content spanning NJPW's 40 year-plus history, with over 1,000 matches currently available. NJPW World also has the complete set of 'New Japan Burning Spirit' & 'World Wrestling Returns', which are made for TV compilation episodes that highlight some of the best matches from New Japan's past and present, respectively. Also included in the subscription price each month are a number of events streamed live worldwide, including the upcoming WrestleKingdom 9 megashow from the Tokyo Dome on January 4th!

ikZH4jA.png

Amongst the 1,000 strong line-up of matches from 1973-2014 available on NJPW World are some of the all-time classics of professional wrestling, featuring the likes of Keiji Mutoh, Shinya Hashimoto, Hulk Hogan, Tatsumi Fujinami, Stan Hansen, Ric Flair, Antonio Inoki, Andre the Giant, Bruiser Brody, Masahiro Chono, Jushin 'Thunder' Liger and many more. Currently featured on NJPW World is the complete series of January 4th Tokyo Dome shows from 1992-2014;

VqtlB32.png

The first month's schedule for NJPW World starts off with a tape delayed airing of the New Japan World Tag League Finals on Sunday, December 7th, followed by live broadcasts of select house shows leading up to the Tokyo Dome show, Wrestle Kingdom 9, on January 4th. That's followed by the last two nights of the annual FantasticaMania tour, which sees CMLL (the top luchalibre promotion in Mexico) make the trip to Japan to entertain the crowds with their high-flying brand of wrestling.

Tk9rANY.png

New Japan have promised to work on apps for other 'Smart TV' devices, such as consoles, but for now NJPW World is available via any flash compatible browser. It's also available as an app on android, just search 'NJPW WORLD' on the Google Play store.

Also, here's a link to an ongoing list of recommended matches currently available on NJPW World;

Lastly, I've made a quick guide to the sign-up process, which is fairly uncomplicated;

3cM6LX1.jpg

This pop-up should appear when you first load the page. Tick the box and click the button to proceed.

LaWvafe.jpg

5hP0kw4.jpg

Fill in the registration form, confirm that the test videos work, tick the box and click the button (which is just cut off from the bottom of the above screenshot).

The next page will just simply ask you to confirm the details you've entered so far, once done proceed to payment details;
z9nV5GQ.jpg

VlnNYM9.jpg

Click to confirm once again and that's it.

Personally, I'm really enjoying NJPW World at present and thought an OT would be a great place to share and discuss the wealth of awesome pro-wrestling now available via the service. The whole thing works really well, even though English language support is at a minimum (which is something New Japan are working to change), and the tag-based browsing system is much more flexible than the WWE Network's botched search - you can organise matches by year, by wrestler, by venue and even by who was on commentary, just use chrome to auto-translate everything. The video quality is real good, not quite HD, but certainly a lot cleaner than you'd find on youtube/dailymotion, especially for the old footage - it's amazing that stuff from the 70's is in such good condition (especially when compared to the state of most American wrestling footage from that time).

To give you an idea of the picture quality, here's a few gifs from random matches I've watched so far;

3f8XHyd.gif
aeivHkm.gif
kBRoTJS.gif

H0NS9WS.gif
qa3YEP3.gif
8JM9Bfy.gif

Come on Bootaaay, we both know CMLL isn't the top lucha libre promotion in Mexico. Oh how i wish it was

Yeah, DTU is kinda unbeatable when it comes to lucha, I guess :p

Also, i haven't tried yet, but is Milano's retirement ceremony on this so we can finally make an updated version of that gif?

Nope, I haven't seen it on there, there's only TWO Milano matches. And both of them are shitty undercard tags :(

Really hope they sort that out in the next update.

tm24

Yeah, DTU is kinda unbeatable when it comes to lucha, I guess :p

Hey man, just like you have CZW and Zandig, i have DTU and Violento Jack. At least we got Flamita out of it

Nope, I haven't seen it on there, there's only TWO Milano matches. And both of them are shitty undercard tags :(

Really hope they sort that out in the next update.
Ugh, we're so close

pa22word

Probably going to cancel my wwe network sub in favor of this now that I know about it. Yes, I am indeed serious.

hamchan

Signed up today. Really liking that wrestling is moving to streaming like this. Gonna start on the G1 Climax.

Speaking of the G1, NJPW chairman Kidani said that all of the 2015 G1 will be broadcast on NJPW World! Considering the iPPVs for the G1 tournament cost $100+, getting all the matches for a ¥999 monthly subscription is a real steal.

Thanks for the sign up info. I think i'm going to get it for at least a month. I haven't kept up with Japanese wrestling in a long time but I can catch up, plus it's worth it just to check out all of the classic matches.

I signed up and I keep getting this when I try to watch a video.

Reproduction error

This content can not be played now

I did the test to make sure I could watch the videos and it worked fine.

Edit: I restarted my laptop and it's working fine now.

hamchan

Really liking the videos. Not getting any buffering issues at all like I occasionally do when I watch the WWE Network.

First time watching Japanese wrestling and I love the crowd. Most of the time they're just watching the show quietly and politely but they sure moan, cheer and applaud with the right timing when the hard hits and big moments happen in a match.

Jamie OD

I signed up and I keep getting this when I try to watch a video.

Reproduction error

This content can not be played now

I did the test to make sure I could watch the videos and it worked fine.

Edit: I restarted my laptop and it's working fine now.

Logging out and logging back on seems to be the solution for those who get that problem.

Xater

Really liking the videos. Not getting any buffering issues at all like I occasionally do when I watch the WWE Network.

First time watching Japanese wrestling and I love the crowd. Most of the time they're just watching the show quietly and politely but they sure moan, cheer and applaud with the right timing when the hard hits and big moments happen in a match.

Japanese crowds are different, but yeah they still pop for the cool stuff.

Alucard

Banned
Signed up yesterday. This has made it easier to cut the WWE cord. At least in terms of not watching their television programming on the regular.

Lucha Underground
Ring of Honor
New Japan World

This is my personal holy trinity of wrestling in 2014/2015.

ghostmind

Great OP Boots!

I'm working my way back in time from when I first made the jump to NJPW in 2013. There is already such a wealth of matches available, and it is only going to get better.

The 2015 G1 news is huge!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Subscribed as fuck. I can't wait to dig in - bank declined it because it looked fraudulent, me paying for VIDEO SERVICES in Japon.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
This is a great place to start this discussion, and we all know the usual suspects in AMERICAN wrestling when someone asks "What are some of the biggest crowd pops?" but what are some of the BIGGEST pops in NJPW?

This is a great place to start this discussion, and we all know the usual suspects in AMERICAN wrestling when someone asks "What are some of the biggest crowd pops?" but what are some of the BIGGEST pops in NJPW?

One of the biggest has to be Chono winning the first G1 Final against Mutoh - that's the one where the crowd threw their seat cushions into the ring. Riki Choshu winning the title from Vader was a huge reaction as well and, similarly, Mutoh getting the IWGP title back from Takada had the crowd on their feet.

hamchan

Gah, getting "Currently, the video we have a state that can not be viewing. You please wait until the recovery so thank you. The customer will apologize that we have the inconvenience."

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

Vader vs Mutoh, 1991 G1 Climax Semi-Finals. Crowd goes INSANE at the end of the match.

bigkrev

Probably going to subscribe this weekend. I'm guessing Chromecast is the only way to watch this stuff on TV right now? I got an Apple TV and a Roku.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess

Hashimoto vs. Takada - Tokyo Dome 4/29/96. The crowd is NUCLEAR the entire match. Hashimoto was the king of big match dome shows in the 90s. So much story behind this match and the entire NJPW vs. UWFi feud.

I want to sub to this...but the preview video loads so slowly on my end. =(

Grifter

Not nearly enough Hase on that list. His series vs. Muta was unforgettable.

Thanks for this thread. I quit watching wrestling after Eddy passed but the AJ Styles matches from the past G1 caught my attention. Has he done anything since then to catch up on?

I'll be signing up after the NFL season.

Probably going to subscribe this weekend. I'm guessing Chromecast is the only way to watch this stuff on TV right now? I got an Apple TV and a Roku.

Yeah, chromecast works, but I also saw some people saying that it airplays from an ipad to Apple TV.

Any word on the rate they plan to update old content? Would love to watch old G1 tourneys.

Nope, no word on how often or how much old content they're going to update with - hopefully we'll get the first update soon.

Thanks for this thread. I quit watching wrestling after Eddie passed but the AJ Styles matches from the past G1 caught my attention. Has he done anything since then to catch up on?

He had a great match with Tanahashi at King of Pro-Wrestling in October.

Still a little bit trepidatious that this won't be th all invclusive service for their updomg events going forward....

Yeah, I guess we'll find out when they release the schedule for February - there's two PPVs that month, New Beginning in Osaka & Sendai. The Osaka show is the bigger of the two, I could see the NJPW World shows being limited to the Sendai event and Road to New Beginning house shows, while the Osaka show is a normal iPPV through Nicovideo.

The fact that this month's World Tag League final PPV is airing on NJPW World on an 8 hour delay suggest we'll at least get quick access to the big shows, even if watching them live isn't included in the subscription price.

Aiii

So not worth it
Well done on the OP, brother Boots.

Going through BEAST GOD THUNDER LIGER's library right now.

TheCrow

Just signed up. This is great for me as a casual fan who can't always keep up with all the shows on dailymotion/youtube. Now I have everything on one site. Just have to figure out how to navigate it.

liger05

Chromecast works?

I watched the famous Hashimoto v Ogawa match again last night.

Still amazes me today how New Japan allowed Inoki to bury the biggest draw the company had. Madness!!!

Aiii

So not worth it
Yep, Chomecast works fine.

Just signed up. This is great for me as a casual fan who can't always keep up with all the shows on dailymotion/youtube. Now I have everything on one site. Just have to figure out how to navigate it.

Translate To English using Chrome, it's a solid translation and makes navigation very easy.

Raw64life

I'll probably sign up for this at some point. Want to see some more older stuff put up, although them making JR commentary available for this would get me to sign up in a second.

Man, Karl Anderson has been around for a while.

How is the search? Can I type "Hashimoto" in english into the search and have it return results properly?

The search recognises very few English terms at present, so either google the Japanese spelling or use chrome to translate the tag list;

njpwworld.com/tag/

I'll probably sign up for this at some point. Want to see some more older stuff put up, although them making JR commentary available for this would get me to sign up in a second.

Damn straight. stro can stick it, brother

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

fucking lol, goddamn

RP912

Banned
I'm trying to navigate this website...is there a live broadcasting like WWE Network where they put up shows and live telecasting...on demand stuff is cool but I want to sit back and embrace NJPW goodness.

I'm trying to navigate this website...is there a live broadcasting like WWE Network where they put up shows and live telecasting...on demand stuff is cool but I want to sit back and embrace NJPW goodness.

Nope, it's all on demand, except for the shows aired live (which you can see in the schedule in the OP).

If you're looking for something to just watch without the hassle of searching for specific matches, I'd recommend the World Wrestling Returns and New Japan Burning Spirit shows - each episode compiles new and old New Japan matches, respectively. You can find them in the category section (the fist icon);

http://njpwworld.com/category

RP912

Banned
Nope, it's all on demand, except for the shows aired live (which you can see in the schedule in the OP).

If you're looking for something to just watch without the hassle of searching for specific matches, I'd recommend the World Wrestling Returns and New Japan Burning Spirit shows - each episode compiles new and old New Japan matches, respectively. You can find them in the category section (the fist icon);

http://njpwworld.com/category

appreciate it...Watching Inoki being a bad ass as always.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom