• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft gathering community opinions on porting Killer Instinct to PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
title of thread should be
Microsoft Gathering Community Opinions on Porting Killer Instinct to PC

Mechazawa

I'd love it if they did this. I have a One, but not an arcade stick for it and that's holding me back from picking up KI.

SerTapTap

...why would they need to "gather opinions"? I would think yes would be the default.

Would of course be sweet to see it on PC, both for the obvious "more games the better" and because until recently PC hasn't had much luck getting fighting games--but between Skullgirls, DOA5 LR, SF4&5, Aksys' table scraps and potentially this it's looking pretty nice lately. Provided you play recent games. Not recent Aksys ones though.

SFV cross platform support is likely getting this discussion going. Cool.

If SFV gets Microsoft to lift their policy against cross platform multiplayer it's the best possible situation

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Nabs was first:

Should we be surprised at this point?

It's a Microsoft game, so yes (not that I think the evidence is anything more than just general forum moderating). Dead Rising 3 and Ryse have always been owned by Capcom and Crytek respectively, so it was only a matter of time before publishing rights reverted back to them (although it happened far sooner than I would have guessed).

Skab

Hmm. I wonder if it'll have PC/Xbox 1 cross platform play to make amends for SF5.

The pole says, right at the top, "What's your interest in a PC version of KI? Assume cross-play is supported."

I would absolutely love to see this happen and hope everyone votes yes.

Faustek

Hmm. I wonder if it'll have PC/Xbox 1 cross platform play to make amends for SF5.

I wonder...Ms has been really against it like forever.

I can understand it though. Their own GFWL was only liked by the maddest of the mad. So if they can't enforce their own crap why the hell cater to others?

Every human should be fine with this.

I WANT THIS SO BADLY.

Every PC user needs to sign up and vote in that poll. This game is amazing.

Remember, this is what Phil Spencer said recently.

Talking on Major Nelson’s podcast, Spencer said: “We definitely haven’t told our full story about gaming on Windows. I’ve said a couple times that as the head of Xbox inside of Microsoft, I’m also the head of gaming for Microsoft. I think about those two things in sync with one another.

http://www.kitguru.net/gaming/matthew-wilson/xbox-head-phil-spencer-has-plans-for-pc-gaming/

I see late ports of XBO exclusives to PC in the future. I don't think they will bother much with creating exclusives on PC.

Begaria

Hmm, i doubt it tbh. Isnt that the reason FF14 isnt on Xbone?

FF14 is a third party game. I think Microsoft has issues handing over access to their network to a third party. A first party game though? I could see it possibly happening.

Raide

So the KI forums basically consolidated all the PC begging/request threads and added a poll and this is seen as "The PC Version is coming!"?

Maybe once the first few Seasons are out but MS need to be focusing around the Xbox One and not porting it to PC.

Starting this one thread and pinning it in which we'd like y'all to funnel all your PC or not PC comments and thoughts into.

I'll be merging a bunch of threads into this one as well. Apologies to those that wanted different threads, but this is getting messy across the boards.

Ok, a new poll with more specific voting options is up! Have at it!

Because momentum seems to drive crowd behavior, viewing the poll results is now locked for 30 days. That doesn't mean you can't tell your friends to vote, but that you can't react to being ahead or not!

I wouldn't read too much into this just yet.

FloatOn

Always straight to the negative. You can't just be happy that more people will get the chance to play a quality game?

not dropping $400 on a console is pretty postive to me.

I'm just waiting on when remedy does the right thing and announces Quantum Break for PC similar to the Alan Wake port.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom