• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurogamer - Why you might not want to pre-order The Order: 1886

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Have they ever gone on record telling people not to pre-order/buy games?

The Order has been a problem child since the beginning, but even still...

ItIsOkBro

topic will turn to shit in
Playstation-Triangle.png
3 ...
Playstation-Triangle.png
2 ...

Because the current build of the game has bugs, we should be worried about bugs in the retail release in two months? Seems like a pretty good amount of time to get the kinks worked out, no?

Excessive hand-holding and mediocre combat I can understand. His reasoning for citing bugs is because Unity, The Crew etc have been sloppy so you should beware of The Order, which is kinda bullshit - especially considering they've got two months until release. Again, moaning about QTEs just kinda feels like they're expecting something other than the game Sony and RAD have spent the last 18 months showing and talking about at length.

Enthusiast press is now starting to talk people out of games??

I've never heard anything like this before about even the worst games.

The order has made people batshit.

Excessive hand-holding and mediocre combat I can understand. His reasoning for citing bugs is because Unity, The Crew etc have been sloppy so you should beware of The Order, which is kinda bullshit - especially considering they've got two months until release. Again, moaning about QTEs just kinda feels like they're expecting something other than the game Sony and RAD have spent the last 18 months showing and talking about at length.
And because they gave The Crew an 8 out of 10.

What the hell Eurogamer ???

We can say that for many many games released this year but "The Order" is an exception ? gimme a break, i'm pretty sure "The Order" will be better than a lot of "AAA" releases this year. Do they have problems with RAD guys or something because i've never seen something like this before.

wotta

Weird, why single out The Order?

Exactly. What about all the other broken games out there.

Also I've played the same demo and I disagree that it's quicktime heavy. In the second part of the demo there is hardly any. The action is pretty good too, although I agree the cover system needs work, hopefully it will be tweaked for launch.

Elandyll

Banned
So instead of doing a generic article about Pre Ordering and its pitfalls which could have covered many games of 2014 (Watch Dogs downgradeathon, ACU bugs & debates & stuff, Driveclub online debacle, MCC bugs & online problems ...), they chose to specifically target The Order 1886?

Is Eurogamer the PR office of MS these days? It's getting ridiculous...

PSYGN

What's wrong with stealth? Is it bad in this game? I'm not expecting Hitman/MGS levels of stealth but what was the glaring issue there?

Caronte

A game with bugs in this gen? This is madness!

I'll never understand the negativity surrounding this game, even if it is that bad.

Why does it feel like so much of the press have some kind of agenda against this game? It's alarming and quite frankly disgusting.

t0rment

wtf, the press is actually promoting against a game? when they bend over for the next ac, cod or whatever. holy shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom