• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassins Creed unity Patch 4 On Hold (Paris map being "refurbished")

dex3108

Rigorous quality control is of paramount importance to us, and your feedback over these past weeks has indicated that it is important to you as well.

As stated last week, we’d expected to release the patch today (and we know that many are anticipating its release), but we are choosing to hold off until we can give you the improvements we’ve promised. We are committed to delivering major performance improvements, which requires that we refurbish the Paris map and that will take a few more days to hit the high level of quality our players deserve.

Thank you very much for your understanding and continued patience.

http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-US....aspx?c=tcm:152-188879-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

Not cool at all. You are not announcing something until you are 100% sure you will release it.

GrazGamer

If they can live up to the claims for what they are trying to achieve with this patch, I can wait. Would rather it was fixed than wait for even more patches.

iNvid02

as long as its released before the holidays im not that bothered

makes sense, try to improve it as much as you can before everyone goes home for christmas

chadskin

Rigorous quality control is of paramount importance to us

1240588892_julia_roberts_and_clive_owen.gif

Dysun

Well I didn't expect the patch to work wonders, but a bit of a bummer none the less. Almost done with Dragon Age and looking to start this one

jackdoe

"Refurbish the Paris map"? Is that PR speak for visual downgrades? Can't wait for a comparison after this patch hits.

Certinty

Well this sucks. I bought it at launch and haven't put much more than an hour into it waiting for it to be in a good state before properly starting it.

Flarin

I was about to buy this game for my cousin for Christmas since it was half off today. Decided to get him Shadow of Mordor instead. Seems like a wise choice now.

We are committed to delivering major performance improvements, which requires that we refurbish the Paris map and that will take a few more days to hit the high level of quality our players deserve.

Code:
const int numMaxNPCs = 5000; // 10000;

I wonder if Ubi wrote that first sentence with a straight face. Anyway... will wait until game is $20 or so. Black Flag was so much fun, just disappointed to hear my friends dislike this game so much.

Rigorous quality control is of paramount importance to us

138133-Doc-Rivers-gif-Imgur-wtf-pZo6.gif

It genuinely feels like they're trolling us when they say things like this. It's so important to you...yet your game launched as a buggy mess that frequently dipped into the low 20's? Come the fuck on...

Megasoum

Banned
So it took them "feedback" (aka a PR shitstorm in the media) to understand that good quality was important to their customers? Wtf...

Patryn

I have to agree that the "refurbish" comment sound like code for downgrading something, whether it be lighting, crowd size or what have you.

Im probably the only person who is gonna say this.

I was actually really pumped to play unity tonight and had some time and was excited to try the patch.

now i am not.

ISee

... high level of quality our players deserve.

Too little, too late.

It's going to be a long upway battle for ubisoft to gain my trust again. But that is just my personal opinion.

James1o1o

Banned
But I thought Ubisoft already said they had optimized it as much as they could and the CPU in the consoles was holding it back?

So they are admitting they just completely lied because they were too damn lazy to spend a few weeks on optimization?

Woke up today to see the Amazon deal. Took a lot not to pick it up. Sticking to my guns on this one.

Glad they are still making a continued effort to improve the quality for people who did purchase the game.

Alx

I have barely started playing the game... maybe I should go a bit further and see more of the city in case they change too much of it. ?

Shoe786

I really don't understand why so many publishers can't just give the dev teams an extra few months ahead of time to finish their damn games. If they're aiming for a Nov launch date, can't they just plan ahead and have the internal deadline for going gold be somewhere like September? How much does it hurt them financially to sit on a completed game for a couple months?

jackdoe

I also have to wonder if they'll maintain "parity" across the PS4 and Xbox One versions. My gut instinct tells me that the PS4 version will see severe visual downgrades to get the framerate up to a respectable 30 fps. I should have traded in the PS4 version before its trade in value plummeted.

Top Bottom