• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Grisaia Trilogy (Visual Novels) Kickstarter By Sekai Project ($160.000 Goal)

jbug617

Banned
Sekai Project are kickstarting to put out a localized version of the series. They would be using the Vita versions for the PC version. They already raised $146k out of the $160k goal and looking at a October 2015 release

Here are the descriptions of three novels.

"The Fruit of Grisaia"
"Mihama Academy." At a glance, it might seem a normal school; but this isolated learning environment is home to a mere five students, all female.

This changes with the arrival of Kazami Yuuji, a transfer student with an uncertain past and a highly idiosyncratic personality.

As Yuuji interacts with his five classmates, all borderline-eccentrics in their own right, they begin to influence each other in unexpected, meaningful ways...

But the deep-seated, painful wounds that have brought these five young women to Mihama are still a fact of their existence. And eventually, our protagonist can no longer remain a spectator.

Will Yuuji's peculiar set of skills and experiences enable him to open his classmates' stubbornly-sealed hearts...?

"The Labyrinth of Grisaia"
The sequel contains five "After Stories" continuing all of the heroines' routes from "The Fruit of Grisaia," in addition to "The Cocoon of Caprice," a story which touches on Kazami Yuuji's painful, complex past and explores certain mysteries left unresolved in the previous title. A variety of bonus content is also included, including dozens of brief "Short Stories."

"The Eden of Grisaia"
The conclusion to the trilogy consists of "The Seed of Blanc Aile," directly continuing from The Labyrinth of Grisaia's main route. Beginning with the protagonist's sudden disappearance, the story quickly moves toward a dramatic climax, with all the answers revealed at last. Additional contents include "Prologue de la Grisaia," a side story that depicts the five heroines' arrival at Mihama Academy, and their time there prior to the arrival of Kazami Yuuji.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sekaiproject/the-grisaia-trilogy-three-huge-visual-novels-for-p

Edit: $30 Tier only gets you the first game digitally. $80 tier gets you all 3 games digitally.

Andrefpvs

Also, look at the second stretch goal:

e2cf6ebae12ea39338f67d602345a94b_large.png

The three games have Vita ports in Japan so... here's hoping!

Corgi

Banned
riiiiight when i downloaded the fan translation :/

so are all 3 games being released in oct or just the first?

this being the vita version, is it censored? Game is quite dark, and there is nudity, not sure if the vita one has that.

jbug617

Banned
riiiiight when i downloaded the fan translation :/

so are all 3 games being released in oct or just the first?

this being the vita version, is it censored? Game is quite dark, and there is nudity, not sure if the vita one has that.

They said the Vita version got rated Cero D (Mature in NA).

Mika

Oh nice! Sekai's getting a lot of stuff lately, huh?
I read the first one earlier this year. Crazy long VN. Looking forward to the other two.

I've heard of these games before, interesting.

Hopefully they reach the 240k goal.

It's good to see people bringing more VNs over to the West.

Acosta

Isn't Sekai attempting too many projects?

It´s awesome there is active group bringing VNs, but they are not overreaching, right?

Shizuka

With everyone’s help, our goal is to localize the entire trilogy of Grisaia visual novels for Windows PC!

The Fruit of Grisaia - Anime adaptation currently airing in Japan!
The Labyrinth of Grisaia
The Eden of Grisaia
Note: The Sony Playstation Vita release of these games received a CERO D rating in Japan, which is the equivalent of an ESRB "M for Mature" rating.

Why Kickstarter?

The Grisaia series is an enormous story featuring 80+ hours of gameplay - possibly the single most ambitious visual novel localization to date. Our goal covers the costs of a high-quality translation, licensing royalties, voices for the entire series, and other development / production costs.

As visual novels are still just gaining popularity with gamers and anime fans overseas, localizing and translating these three games comes with many risks. Let’s show Frontwing and other amazing visual novel companies together just how much we want to enjoy their games in English!

"The Fruit of Grisaia"

"Mihama Academy." At a glance, it might seem a normal school; but this isolated learning environment is home to a mere five students, all female.

This changes with the arrival of Kazami Yuuji, a transfer student with an uncertain past and a highly idiosyncratic personality.

As Yuuji interacts with his five classmates, all borderline-eccentrics in their own right, they begin to influence each other in unexpected, meaningful ways...

But the deep-seated, painful wounds that have brought these five young women to Mihama are still a fact of their existence. And eventually, our protagonist can no longer remain a spectator.

Will Yuuji's peculiar set of skills and experiences enable him to open his classmates' stubbornly-sealed hearts...?

"The Labyrinth of Grisaia"

The sequel contains five "After Stories" continuing all of the heroines' routes from "The Fruit of Grisaia," in addition to "The Cocoon of Caprice," a story which touches on Kazami Yuuji's painful, complex past and explores certain mysteries left unresolved in the previous title. A variety of bonus content is also included, including dozens of brief "Short Stories."

"The Eden of Grisaia"

The conclusion to the trilogy consists of "The Seed of Blanc Aile," directly continuing from The Labyrinth of Grisaia's main route. Beginning with the protagonist's sudden disappearance, the story quickly moves toward a dramatic climax, with all the answers revealed at last. Additional contents include "Prologue de la Grisaia," a side story that depicts the five heroines' arrival at Mihama Academy, and their time there prior to the arrival of Kazami Yuuji.

Click here for the Kickstarter link.

Started watching the anime this season, but it feels very very rushed. I might check this out if it makes it to see the whole story in its true form

Maybe I'm missing it on the KS page, but do they have a release schedule planned, i.e., will all three games be released at once, or staggered? That'll decide whether I pledge for the whole series or just the first one.

daxgame

very happy about what Sekai Project is doing and more happy about the money raised. Shows how real the userbase for these games actually is.

Producer

That's porting, apparently. If its already on Vita, then it wouldn't (shouldn't) be a port.

not porting, but localizing. Releasing this on a console/handheld platform is much more costly than releasing it on PC. And i believe they arent a licensed publisher for PSN

Vita stretch goal? Hope they announce that soon, then they'll get my pledge.

I'm still hoping they changed their mind about Clannad.

Sekai Project

Neo Member
That's porting, apparently. If its already on Vita, then it wouldn't (shouldn't) be a port.

The port was done by a different company (Prototype). We're planning to port it to Unity to support mac/linux/console (pending some confirmation on some licensing issues and approvals from Sony)

Shizuka

The port was done by a different company (Prototype). We're planning to port it to Unity to support mac/linux/console (pending some confirmation on some licensing issues and approvals from Sony)

Oh, Sekai Project isn't going to take advantage of the existing japanese ports? Can you at least try to include platinum trophies to your games, like the japanese releases?

So it'll use Doddler's Unity engine?

Isn't Sekai attempting too many projects?

It´s awesome there is active group bringing VNs, but they are not overreaching, right?
They use different staff for each project, at least on the translating/editing side.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Oh, Sekai Project isn't going to take advantage of the existing japanese ports? Can you at least try to include platinum trophies to your games, like the japanese releases?

I imagine aiming to use those would cause problems similar to JAST and 5pb's thing with Steam. It's better/cheaper to just have your own port than to deal with another layer of licensing and companies to work things out with.

Producer

hope you guys get your psn issues sorted out.

cause i know releasing it for PSM would be a death sentence

I imagine aiming to use those would cause problems similar to JAST and 5pb's thing with Steam. It's better/cheaper to just have your own port than to deal with another layer of licensing and companies to work things out with.

Yeah, it's why MangaGamer ports their games to different engines. Their recent releases run on Unity too. It's better not to deal with licensing or engines not built for English font/text.

Top Bottom