• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Maker: online level sharing seemingly confirmed in iJustine Miyamoto interview

First time hearing about this from the horse's mouth? At 2:40: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUkU6O4p7Lw

Miyamoto said:
[on playing other people's maps, and online] You'll be able to see what happens when other people play your course, or when you play other peoples courses... there'll be popularity rankings for the most popular courses and things like that... so there's a lot on the community side [that you can use].

Finally, some proper gaming journalism.

edit: some minor Star Fox details, previously featured in Time's E3 leak IIRC

Watching the video they go over some of Starfox's uses of the gamepad. Apparently the gamepad will have a cockpit view while the TV will be the standard 3rd person view.

Also Miyamoto's favorite Starfox character is Fox.

Tripon

I have to say. I did not expect Nintendo to be the first of the big 3 to use their senior exec with youtubers like this.

Also, to use Miyamoto specifically.

Nibel

I think they commented on this and confirmed it; what we need to know: can we rebuild all the Mario games? What is up with the physics? Can we recreate an entire Mario game in one enormous level?

I hope "see what happens when other people play your course" means being able to watch a Super Meat Boy style collection of dozens of Marios from online players attempt your course at the same time.

If this means there are replays at all, that's great news. Some sort of weekly time attack competition for user created levels would be a feature I'd use a lot for sure.

Some sort of weekly time attack competitive for user created levels would be a feature I'd use a lot for sure.

n7Lt3so.jpg

I just hope we can get Kaizo (or somewhere near-Kaizo) levels of customization

DJIzana

I just finished watching the 2nd GameXplain analysis video for this. This is one title I'm reeeeeally excited for. I generally don't like trying to create content in games but for a Mario game, I'm actually really wanting to give it a shot and see what I can do. Hope to hear more about this soon!

AdanVC

Fingers crossed this game can have a vast online functionality. If it does then this game will literally have infinite replay value. Can't wait!

Also, Miyamoto visiting another YT celebrity?? The hell? He fly all the way from Japan to US just to chill with YT celebs? or because some kind of big announcement is coming? (Nintendo Direct!!!)

Sify64

When did Nintendo start getting involved with Youtubers so much?
Especially with Miyamoto attending the interviews.

Crayolan

Watching the video they go over some of Starfox's uses of the gamepad. Apparently the gamepad will have a cockpit view while the TV will be the standard 3rd person view.

This was in the Time piece from E3 (well, the game details anyway) but I'll chuck it in the OP in case no-one's seen it before.

farisr

In one of the presentations at E3 they mentioned sharing it with others, having other people play through levels you made etc. Thought this was already confirmed. But I suppose somebody could think that online wasn't confirmed and they meant locally or something.

The Flash

Banned
Miyamoto making the rounds on YouTube it seems. Wonder if I can get an interview scheduled in.

Good that online level sharing is confirmed though. Would be kind of pointless without it. Lord knows I'm not smart enough to make my own levels. I'm relying on y'all for that.

SigSig

I hope "see what happens when other people play your course" means being able to watch a Super Meat Boy style collection of dozens of Marios from online players attempt your course at the same time.

If this was a thing, I'd buy the game just for this single feature.

watershed

Banned
Of course this game was always going to have online level sharing. People like to act like Nintendo doesn't know what the internet is, but they've had really good custom level sharing since Mario vs. DK: March of the Minis on the DSi. There was a ranking system, recent uploads, etc and it was all really easy to use. The same is true for Pullblox and so on.

MK_768

That interview was actually interesting. He talked about StarFox being 1st person on the gamepad but the tv shows a 3rd person view.

Seik

Banned
It would have been dumb if this game wasn't going to have such feature.

It's pretty much essential in this time and age.

I can see this game being relevant for YEARS.

El Odio

Banned
I thought this was confirmed back at the E3 reveal but if Miyamoto himself is confirming it that's always good to hear.

Top Bottom