• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAME selling Captain Toad in the UK early, online orders already, instore Monday

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Not sure if a bargain, but Captain Toad is available exclusively at GAME from Monday (early soft release apparently) #TOAD!!!

LOL. "Not sure if a bargain". Ha ha ha.... This is GAME we are talking about. Guaranteed to be £10 more then the local indie.

Robin64

Very early!

The Game Collection haven't had any stock and are getting in touch with their supplier about this. So they may offer it early too, assuming they can get it.

Gambit

I was simply going to buy it in a store, but now I've ordered it as well. We will see if they actually proceed with the order. Getting it for Christmas would be a great present!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Thanks for the heads up - took a punt online, if it ships today it should be here for Monday. A lot better than releasing the Friday before I have to go back to work in January

JoeM86

ShopTo still list January 9th, they haven't even changed it to the 2nd. My hopes aren't high with those guys much anymore, sadly.

Indeed. After the messup with Smash/amiibo, my trust in them is kinda gone

Though they did ship my Captain Falcon amiibo yesterday. We'll see when/how that comes.

Them having it listed as Jan 9th still is what made me shift to GAME

LAA

Cool! Placed an order with GAME, the email does say release is 19/12, so guess we'll see.

Don't think ShopTo will sell early anyway. Says in that tweet it's available "exclusively" from GAME early. ShopTo let me down big time with the KH2.5 CE and I did get my amiibo late from them (though I didn't mind that so much)

Here's hoping ShopTo follow suit.

I've spoken to shopto and they are insisting that the release date is the 9th, they told me that they do not believe any title would release on the 2nd and that even if it's true it would be impossible for them to meet the release date due to restricted postal service including no deliveries on the 1st.
Think about it, this is a retailer that promises to deliver before on on the release date, in captain toads case that's almost impossible for them.
This is why shopto are saying the release date is the 9th, it's to cover their backs when they can't make the 1st.

It's Nintendos reward to game for having the balls to sell their amiibo at £14.99 each.

(my local branch had a diddy kong out on Tuesday so I don't know if that was a mistake or whether their release dates are more mutable than most retailers on Nintendo stuff in general)

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
This is annoying. Why couldn't GAME come back to Ireland :(

I would totally cave on a Wii U for Xmas if Toad was out.

So, if Captain Toad releases next week, just in time for Christmas, doesn't this help to shine light upon his mysterious backpack contents!?

He was Father Christmas all along!

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
I placed an order on GAME's site last night. Just got an email that says

"Great news! We've started processing your order and will have it ready for delivery very soon."

Excite!

What about Amazon UK ?

I think it might be the same deal as shopto, they can't believe anyone would sell a game on the 2nd of january, especially one so perfect for christmas.
My guess is they went one step further and instead of sticking to a release date of the 9th like shopto they pulled it from being sold until they can find out the truth.
I think they are worried about meeting the delivery of the 2nd, almost impossible for them in the uk unless they send out copies straight after boxing day which means they could break street date, problem is when are these copies supposed to arrive in stores?
they must arrive well before christmas in which case why isn't the game on sale in december. Game has this situation sussed and is going to be selling early to avoid the confusion and mess, whilst picking up all the cancellations from other stores.
It's an absolute mess but my local game store has copies and said it's selling them starting this friday

Lucifon

Just spoke to Amazon and the best he could do was ask fulfilment when my order would be despatched, which could take 24 to 48 hours. Not sure whether to cancel and go with GAME. Would love to get this for over the Christmas break :(

Rosur

Just spoke to Amazon and the best he could do was ask fulfilment when my order would be despatched, which could take 24 to 48 hours. Not sure whether to cancel and go with GAME. Would love to get this for over the Christmas break :(

Yea Thinking of changing my Amzon order to Game because of this.

Lucifon

Yea Thinking of changing my Amzon order to Game because of this.

I wouldn't normally, but 2 weeks early, during a period where I will actually have a fair amount of time to play the game, is definitely worth an extra fiver to me.

Rosur

I wouldn't normally, but 2 weeks early, during a period where I will actually have a fair amount of time to play the game, is definitely worth an extra fiver to me.

yea only an extra £2ish due to having some reward points for me so why not.

B5IY71ICAAEl88c.png:large

I don't even see it for sale on Amazon!? http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb...refix=captain+toad+treasure+tracker+wii+u,aps (I'm discounting the person selling it for £115.27).

Grizzo

The fact that it wasn't released at the same time as the rest of the world in Europe is really mind-boggling

OverQ

I don't even see it for sale on Amazon!? http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb...refix=captain+toad+treasure+tracker+wii+u,aps (I'm discounting the person selling it for £115.27).

They did have pre-orders up but eventually stopped taking them for some reason. I have an order in my Amazon account which states 'Delivery estimate: Friday, 2 January 2015'. £10 cheaper than GAME too (Amazon dropped pre-order price to £25 and also recently offered a £5 off anything over £10 voucher).

I could always 'rent' from GAME and return my sealed Amazon copy to them but I'm happy to wait until new year!

Top Bottom