• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft Creator Snatches Beverly Hills Megamansion From Beyoncé and Jay-Z For $70MM

chadskin

Screen%20Shot%202014-08-19%20at%203.23.35%20PM.png

WHAT THE... No part of this story makes any sense, but we'll tell it to you anyway: back in August, a completely ridiculous spec megamansion hit the market in Beverly Hills asking $85 million—it's outfitted with a candy room, a car showroom, vodka and tequila bars, a 54-foot curved glass door that opens onto the pool, eight bedrooms, 15 bathrooms, apartment-sized closets, and a movie theater, and even the listing called it "an overwhelming sensory experience"—and somehow it stoked fevered bidding wars. Combatants included Most Important Couple in the World Beyoncé and Jay-Z, and word came earlier this month that they were winning with a $70 million offer. The house has just sold for $70 million ... but to Minecraft creator Markus "Notch" Persson. "Cases of Dom Perignon were part of the deal."

Go to the link to see some photos of the maniac mansion: http://la.curbed.com/archives/2014/...egamansion_from_beyonce_and_jayz_for_70mm.php

Damn nice house for the weekends, Notch!

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Nerds stay winning. Someone find that Bill Gates / Michael Jordan jpg.

Philia

If he's going for broke, its a good way of doing it. He could make a killing after he puts it back on the market.

CaLe

I mean wouldn't you guys do dumb stuff with that mount of cash.

I'm pretty sure I'd donate a lot of it to causes that could help mankind. I don't need a megamansion to be happy, a nice house is perfectly fine.

But to each their own.

On one hand, he'll probably live there forever.

On the other, I could see him staying mostly in a couple of rooms and coding happily away.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Jay-Z was on course to be the first hip-hop billionaire then Dre sold Beats, Notch bought his house and Solange beat him up. what a year.

The only thing I got out of this
Most Important Couple in the World Beyoncé and Jay-Z
Why do people care so much about celebrities and their lives? I have no idea about any celebrity relationships or their personal lives and they mean nothing to me. I just don't understand... But I guess that's another thread.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Fuck, wonder what Notch thought his future was going to be like ten years ago.

I bet he never imagined buying a 70 million dollar mansion. Good for him.

I wonder what would be the price of an equivalent "megamansion" located in a less prestigious place. Are we talking about 20% cheaper or 80% cheaper?

Top Bottom