• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Vita Buttons not working in apps?

Triz

So I'm probably one of the few who regularly play the Vita. Today I booted up my portable pinball machine and none of the face buttons worked in game. They navigate the menu just fine. Hard reset didn't fix the issue. Anyone have a similar experience.

SerTapTap

Are you sure the game has button controls? Not all games are fully operable using only face buttons. Though I wouldn't think pinball would be touch only...what game is it specifically?

Never had buttons fail to respond in a game that uses them, though touch occasionally gets weird, then I just clean the screen, reboot and it works fine.

Kerned

Banned
Yes! For the last two days I have had trouble getting the face buttons to register. The fix for me has been to hit the PS button to suspend the app, and then go right back into it. That seems to correct the problem but it's still very annoying.

To elaborate, I had this happen in both Binding of Isaac and Spelunky. I then launched Rogue Legacy and had the exact same problem.

This exact thing happened to me earlier this year! I searched and searched and I couldn't find anyone else with a similar issue and was constantly talked down upon and questioned like I was an idiot on message boards. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a fix and had to send it in to Sony for repair. I just got it back though and everything is working fine now.

Triz

Buttons are enabled in options it's just a wierd system flaw I think. Turns out I'm covered under extended warranty so I don't need to bug a new one, but damn what an odd error.

Top Bottom