• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lizard Squad member arrested

http://www.theguardian.com/technolo...-squad-hack-arrested-over-2013-14-cyber-fraud

A 22-year-old man arrested by police investigating cyber-fraud offences in 2013-14 has been linked to the Lizard Squad hacking group thought to be behind the attacks on Sony’s PlayStation Network and Microsoft’s Xbox Live gaming services over Christmas.

The unnamed man from Twickenham was arrested in a raid on his home by the South East Regional Organised Crime Unit (SEROCU) before being released on bail.

Looks like the fun is getting started, I hope we´ll see the rest of them follow suit really soon.

DDoS me if old.

Please be true. Wish they didn't release that coding packet though. Good to know authorities can find these tools.

Happy New Year!!

Steroyd

Parents: You're grounded for life! No more sonic boom or any puddings for a year!

Why are we rewarding them? Make them play Sonic Boom, tie them to the chair and glue the controller to their hands, and they can't leave till it's completed 10 times, no Knuckle cheating allowed.

Then make them play Sonic 06.

3o0GrEO.jpg

Out on bail, but I figure the event should still be some manner of deterent.

liquidtmd

Banned
"But Officer, I only did it to expose the flaws in their respective Online infrastructures. Any lulz were purely secondary!"

I honestly hope they throw whatever (is applicable to this crime) at him

Chris1

"before being released on bail."

He's already back out.

“The arrest is in connection with an ongoing investigation into cyber-fraud offences which took place between 2013 and August 2014 during which victims reported funds being stolen from their PayPal accounts,” Thames Valley police said in a statement on behalf of SEROCU.

This isn't even for being a part of lizardsquad lol

Bar_bar12

Banned
They should tie him to a chair, force him to complete Sonic 06 five times, and a year in prison for every swear he says.

Yaari

Cool. Hope he can cough up money for the rest of his life to pay for all of the trouble he's caused.

yurinka

Let's celebrate

champagne-04.jpg

Wonder how long it'll be until some company bails him out and gives him a job though /:
No company would hire them because to make DDoS doesn't require any special knowledge or skill. It isn't like to hack a very well protected server.

Ramenman

But... the guy is already back out guys.

"before being released on bail."

He's already back out.

“The arrest is in connection with an ongoing investigation into cyber-fraud offences which took place between 2013 and August 2014 during which victims reported funds being stolen from their PayPal accounts,” Thames Valley police said in a statement on behalf of SEROCU.

This isn't even for being a part of lizardsquad lol

But don't worry, this thread will go on without noticing this.

Head.spawn

It's great that they arrested them, but reading this, the take away is that they released a DDoS-tool and service? That seems like the worst news out of all of this.

Refyref

This arrest doesn't seem to be due to the LizardSquad affairs, so unfortunately, I doubt they're attempting to stop them at the moment.

Let's celebrate

http://eofdreams.com/data_images/dreams/champagne/champagne-04.jpg[IMG]

No company would hire them because to make DDoS doesn't require any special knowledge or skill. It isn't like to hack a very well protected server.[/QUOTE]

True enough, but just because they did something simple it does not simply mean that they don't have the know-how to do other stuff. I mean, simple or not they had the means (and both stupidity and evil intent) to do it. At any rate, I hope I'm just overthinking it, that they all get caught and put in jail for a fairly long time.

Top Bottom