• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One is back at $399. Lineup for crow pie => thataway

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it just shows how much Microsoft put into November. So much money for mindshare and sales, which will probably be entirely undone until next November when they repeat the process again.

I maintain, they've now set a bottom line for their console price. You would be mad to pay more for less when the precident has been set for them to go that low.

Oh, damn! It actually went back up. Let's see how the public reacts to this now. Still, this is the AC Unity bundle not the standalone console

We were told no exceptions.

Hopefully thats to make it a "surprise" announcement though as a base model at $350 is an attractive price point for MS.

Biker19

Banned
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/microso...1219339616396&skuId=8439032&pid=1219339616396

Xbox One back to $399.

... And the hundreds of people on the Internet who predicted that this would never happen are officially wrong.

I knew that this would happen from the beginning.

I think it just shows how much Microsoft put into November. So much money for mindshare and sales, which will probably be entirely undone until next November when they repeat the process again.

Though Sony may be well prepared for it with a price cut of their own this time, especially if Uncharted 4 does come out in November this year.

Javin98

Banned
We were told no exceptions.

Hopefully thats to make it a "surprise" announcement though as a base model at $350 is an attractive price point for MS.
It's possible. Interesting to see how a $350 X1 fares against a $400 PS4 :)

Though Sony may be well prepared for it this time, especially if Uncharted 4 does come out in November this year.
A $299 PS4 bundle with Uncharted 4 would sell gangbusters

Big Mistake

tumblr_mk5f2vBx7r1qfr6udo2_500.gif

lol2x0sqq.gif

Minions

Surprised $350 was all it took to get them out of the rut they dug themselves into.

$350 + 2+ free games. Or $329 + Kinect + 4 games (refurb console); At least that is the deal I bit on. A strait price cut probably wouldn't have had as much affect... but price cut + $60-100 in free games will do the trick.

MavFan619

Banned
Glad I got mine when I did even though I am not really using it much and probably won't be for a year or so (Scalebound or D4 season 2 pls) but the value was there. Now not so much but I mean hey not my corporate decision.

LiK

happy i got my sis to buy one for her husband when it was a LD at Amazon for $329 with 4 games. Best deal from BF/holidays.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
$350 + 2+ free games. Or $329 + Kinect + 4 games (refurb console); At least that is the deal I bit on. A strait price cut probably wouldn't have had as much affect... but price cut + $60-100 in free games will do the trick.

I got my AssCreed bundle for $350 that came with a $70 Amazon gift card.

Now that was a deal.

Javin98

Banned
LOL at the thread title. Thank God I wasn't yelling "MS won't raise the price back up!" from the rooftops, I don't think crow pie sounds delicious. XD

Next up, we'll see posts like "I can't believe MS did such a shitty thing to customers".

I will guarantee the price will drop back to 350 very soon. Xbox was already struggling before those very good black friday sales. Truth be told i can't see xbox competing with the ps4 at 399.99. As numbers prior to the sales proves my point.

The moment someone from retail said that MS told them the price will go back up, it means it's true.

Sure, maybe MS will do an official price drop later on, but there's absolutely no merit for them to fuck over their retail partners by lying to them about it being temporary for the time being.

Retailers manage their stock/sell-in/sell-out based on what the suppliers offer.

ZeroX03

Banned
I guess that the price wouldn't go back up. Crow time.

Still don't think it'll last. We'll see after the slow January and February months are over.

Gator86

Have to imagine sales will near flatline now. If you didn't feel motivated to buy one during the insane holidays deals, you're sure as fuck not buying one at $400 in Jan or Feb.

RedAssedApe

Banned
they are probably experimenting for a couple of months to see if the increased install base and "mindshare" is enough to make them competitive with ps4 at equal price. if sales drop off a cliff and ps4 continues to sell...then yeah they'll either do another price drop or bundle mcc or some other game.

i say sony continue to do a game bundle...albeit with their own first party titles. like pick one (knack, kz, driveclub, lbp3...etc)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/microso...1219339616396&skuId=8439032&pid=1219339616396

Xbox One back to $399.

... And the hundreds of people on the Internet who predicted that this would never happen are officially wrong.

"The Season of Xbox will begin on November 2, when Xbox One will be available for a special, limited-time promotional offer of $349 in the U.S. Special promotional pricing of $50 off the console of your choice applies to any Xbox One console" Not sure how anyone could think this would last.

Woo-Fu

Banned

They can probably buy a lot of crow with the money they saved.

Better exclusives? PS4's current library is kinda bad.

I don't think your subjective evaluation of their exclusives really matters. He didn't ask why anybody would buy it instead of a PS4, he asked why anybody would buy it at all at that price. If I know that Microsoft feels they have to lower the price to move units then I also know that if I didn't get one during the first drop I can wait until the inevitable second drop.

elfinke

Unrelated, but they're still $499 with 5 games (Ass bundle, plus your selection from a bunch, including both Forza's, Halo:MCC and Sunset) and 12 months of Live in Australia (no Kinect). I've talked myself out of buying one several times this last few weeks.

ZeroX03

Banned
Unrelated, but they're still $499 with 5 games (Ass bundle, plus your selection from a bunch, including both Forza's, Halo:MCC and Sunset) and 12 months of Live in Australia (no Kinect). I've talked myself out of buying one several times this last few weeks.

Saaaaame. It can only get cheaper, right?
obviously not but who knows next holiday season

RedAssedApe

Banned
XB1 with AC:U is currently $329.99 on U.S. Amazon.

amazon specific deal as bb, target, walmart, gamestop, etc. are all back to 399.99 for bundle and non-bundle. they are just clearing a sku that is likely no longer no longer going to be offered once remaining bundles are sold.

Not to brag but.... :)

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=142741096

I believe they said the current prices ends January 2, no? After that it's back at 399

EDIT: It's January 3

http://news.xbox.com/2014/10/xbox-one-special-savings

Offer valid November 2, 2014 through January 3, 2015 at participating retailers.
Regardless I think the price drop was meant to generate word of mouth and get a nice sales boost for the holidays but I fail to see how the current price is sustainable. I am sure it will go back up after December.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom