• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

7 day PS NOW trial up on the NA store. CC is required

SSReborn

They will charge when its over it says this before you subscribe. But if you cancel before its over then you won't be charged.

vypek

silly question but is there ps now on ps3?

Yes

What devices will be supported and when?
Currently PlayStation Now is in Open Beta on: PS4, PS3, PS Vita, PS TV and select Sony TVs. PS Now will also be available on select Samsung Smart TVs in the first half of 2015. At CES 2015 we announced that PlayStation Now will also be launching on 2015 Sony Blu-ray players and 2015 Sony Televisions.

Where will PS Now be available?
PS Now is available in select areas of continental U.S. and Canada on PS4, PS3, PS TV, PS Vita systems, and select 2014 Sony TVs. In 2015 Now will also launch on 2015 Sony Blu-ray players and 2015 Samsung Televisions.

Takao

Banned
The Vita version of PS Now is still listed as being in Open Beta, so I guess it'll be a while before the subscription and trial services are live. Shame too, since I don't have a PS4 and don't trust my internet connection enough to rent a game to demo.

SSReborn

the subscription? I thought ps3 and vita were stuck with the a la carte for a bit longer

so no vita?

The Vita version of PS Now is still listed as being in Open Beta, so I guess it'll be a while before the subscription and trial services are live. Shame too, since I don't have a PS4 and don't trust my internet connection enough to rent a game to demo.

Playing Uncharted 1 on Vita now.

I redeemed the trial on PS4 however.

SerTapTap

Wow, big store update this week. Huge sale, and this. And Grim Fandango preorder.

Page doesn't load for me though. Anyone gotten it to work? Works on all platforms? Guess I'll try it after work

They will charge when its over it says this before you subscribe. But if you cancel before its over then you won't be charged.

95% of paid services do this with free trials, as it removes the friction for becoming a paid customer (or to look at it differently, it moves that friction to the trial sign up)

kingwingin

I'm tempted to redeem my free trial but I want to wait till another telltale game shows up so I can get some easy peasy trophies for free

Magnus

I'm so confused. What does this trial actually offer? Isn't it already in open beta and eligible for everyone to use? And each title rented coats additional $?

Or did I miss a major bit of news and Now went the Netflix model when it comes to content?

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
I'm so confused. What does this trial actually offer? Isn't it already in open beta and eligible for everyone to use? And each title rented coats additional $?

Or did I miss a major bit of news and Now went the Netflix model when it comes to content?
Prior to this, there was no way to try the PS Now service for free. No title could be tried for free.

jmaine_ph

I'm playing Uncharted 1 and I'm getting little to no input lag right now. It's great! The graphics for this game blow btw lol

gspec

a credit card should not be required. They can just automatically cancel the service if you don't sign up for a subscription.

This nonsense needs to stop from companies getting a hold of your credit card information so they can charged your card when they want and put all the work of cancelling on the customer. This makes scammers job easy since valid retailers adopted this method.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
My confusion was that I had no idea a subscription based model was on offer.
I'm not sure why that matters since you said you were confused about the trial part. That's valuable to anyone who's been interested in the service but hasn't been willing to pay upfront without knowing how it performs for them first. There's been no way to sample the service up until now without paying to rent a title first. Now you can sample multiple titles for a week without paying anything. That's great regardless of the subscription plans they're also introducing.

Laws00

Took half have the games out

Well I guess its cool I get to play games I had no interest with and try them out worry free and maybe discover games i might like

Played Dead or Alive 5 and SF4AE and holy shit input lag like a mother fucker

Same with Kill Zone 3. I don't know how people like this series. Wish I could edit my own controls on the game.

vypek

a credit card should not be required. They can just automatically cancel the service if you don't sign up for a subscription.

This nonsense needs to stop from companies getting a hold of your credit card information so they can charged your card when they want and put all the work of cancelling on the customer. This makes scammers job easy since valid retailers adopted this method.

Companies would lose money if they did that. People who are incapable of cancelling something within a time frame are going to pay and all companies with subscriptions want that. I don't see how its nonsense. Makes perfect sense. Only thing is that it works against forgetful people.

EatMyFace

Banned

What's so hard about cancelling a subscription?

EatMyFace

Banned
Holy fuck. When did this news break?!

Also God damn at all the people who were thinking it was going to be priced at $10 a month and no higher. LOL
Same price as Netflix? For much bigger file sizes abd replay value? Keep dreaming.

OT: Nothing in the library interests me.

JSoup

Banned
So, faster, more expensive, Sony only GameFly.
Couple games look interesting, but nothing I can finish in 7 days.

Magnus

I'm not sure why that matters since you said you were confused about the trial part. That's valuable to anyone who's been interested in the service but hasn't been willing to pay upfront without knowing how it performs for them first. There's been no way to sample the service up until now without paying to rent a title first. Now you can sample multiple titles for a week without paying anything. That's great regardless of the subscription plans they're also introducing.

I just didn't understand what was being offered on trial. Without knowing there was an unlimited subscription model in existence, I had to assume they were saying it was a free trial for one rental or 3 rentals or something.

I'm just glad to hear the news that a blanket subscription model exists. Hopefully the content improves, since I'm seeing and hearing that people aren't happy with the library on there right now.

Edit-

Ouch.
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Now/PlayStation-Now-Title-List/td-p/44466574

So the sub model (either paid or trial) only includes SOME of the PS3 games on PS Now? That's disappointing. For real value, and to avoid any confusion, it should really just include all of them except maybe, I guess, the absolute latest games (new releases from the last couple months or something).

Maybe that's actually how it's set up. I should look further before commenting, lol.

Top Bottom