• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB: Japan complete preview - Free DLC releasing Monday, Jan 19

viveks86

UPDATE 01-19-2015: It is live!

3.33 GB, available now. Evolution just posted this on FB

New Features:

* Adds a new online game mode: Multiplayer Time Trial
* Adds five new tracks in Japan, offering 11 variants in total
Gameplay Improvements:

* Makes changes to AI drafting behaviour, .
* Makes changes to the impact of world collisions whilst driving on a straight, to reduce the amount of drag and speed lost from impact.
* Adds a new option to Event Settings to race without crowd, track infrastructure and corner flags.
* Adds the option to browse and register for Multiplayer events via the Social Hub.
* Windscreen wiper speeds have been changed.
* A bug with AI car wing mirrors not showing a reflecltion has now been fixed.
* Disables overscan compensation when playing via Remote Play.
* Adds a link to the PlayStation®Store to the DRIVECLUB Home menu.
* Also includes a number of minor bug fixes, performance improvements and usability tweaks.

Photomode Improvements:

* Adds the option to reset damage and remove dirt when taking a photo.
* Adds the option to permanently hide camera movement controls when accessing Photo Mode.
* Players can now access Photo Mode while using a steering wheel via R3.
* Players can now move the camera while OSD is disabled in photo mode.

Add-ons (coming January 27-29):

* Adds support for the Icona Vulcano, coming to PlayStation®Store as a free download later in January.
* Adds support for the Apex Expansion Pack, coming to PlayStation®Store as a premium download later in January.
This Expansion Pack includes the Apex Car Pack and Apex Tour Pack.
* The Apex Car Pack includes 5 new cars: Enzo Ferrari, Caterham R500 Superlight, Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 Centennial Edition, McLaren 650S Coupe, and Jaguar C-X75 Prototype Edition.
* The Apex Tour Pack includes 11 new Events and 5 new Trophies.
* Adds support for the Sakura Tour Pack, coming to PlayStation®Store as a premium download later in January.
* The Sakura Tour Pack includes 11 new Events and 5 new Trophies.
* Adds support for 2 new livery packs, coming to PlayStation®Store as a premium download later in January. Each Livery Pack contains 5 new livery patterns to customise your cars with.

There have been so many updates on this thread that it warranted a new one.

Nakasendo

Lake Shoji

Japan AHR

Takahagi Hills

Goshodaira

FAQ:

When is it releasing? Tomorrow, day of the moon, January 19th, worldwide

Is it free for everyone? Yes. Just like all other DLC tracks

Are the cars featured on these tracks releasing tomorrow as well? No, they are part of Apex expansion pack (paid DLC, included in season pass), releasing Jan 27-29th as a store update

Will there be a free car this month? Yes, like every other month. Should be coming with the store update as well

Are the tour events releasing tomorrow as well? No, they will come with the store update, since they are paid DLC (included in season pass)

If the tours are paid DLC, how can I play these tracks for free? You can in single events, challenges and MP (PS+ required for MP)

Are there Japanese cars to go with the tracks? No :( But they will come, eventually.

All I can say is that we'll continue to bring more cars from new manufacturers over the months ahead

Are replays part of this release? No. But they are coming Soony

Replays are looking great and are almost ready, hopefully we'll be able to preview them soon.

Who is Sir Price? Not her

Where is my PS+ version, Evo? $@%$!@&%!!!!!!!!!! Go here

No GIFs? Seriously?

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Will there be other updates coming along with the tracks Yes. The tracks are releasing as part of a game update, that includes some tweaks
(such as removal of velcro walls/rails on straights, improved AI, fixing drift exploits etc) and... stuff ;)

So, what do you think of the new location? Excited/Disappointed? If ever they release more locations (not this season, for sure), what locations come to mind?

nib95

Banned
I think these tracks look absolutely amazing and I can't wait for the update. Slightly disappointed the new expansion pack isn't out tomorrow though. Would have loved some official tours and new cars to coincide with the update!

Side note, tremendous kudos to Evo for providing these tracks for free. Amazing post release support.

Holy shit this game looks good, and it's awesome they're doing free DLC. I don't think that those tracks are in many (any?) other racers, either. Kinda wish I had a PS4 and enjoyed racing games.

I wanted to buy Driveclub digitally, but I see one that says no longer available and a version that says PS+ exclusive. What's the deal here? Will I lose access if my PS+ sub runs out? Is it online only? I don't plan on keeping PS+.

Nokterian

16 or so additional campaign tours, plus lots of new cars, liveries etc. I feel like the Season Pass is well worth it.

Best money spend so far just for the cars alone (because i love hyper cars and speed cars).

I wanted to buy Driveclub digitally, but I see one that says no longer available and a version that says PS+ exclusive. What's the deal here? Will I lose access if my PS+ sub runs out? Is it online only? I don't plan on keeping PS+.

PS+ version on PSN store is the full version with a discount. Even if your PS+ runs out the game is still yours it doesn't go away what so ever.

nikos

Really looking forward to these tracks. I can already tell that they'll be among my favorites in the game.

Hoo-doo

Banned

You won't lose access if your PS+ lapses. Playable offline as usual.

Let's get our drift on, CheeseGAF.

If you buy the PS+ one you will own it completely even without being subscribed to PS+.

I love that the game continues months after release to be at the top of my game rotation. And some free dlc to keep it fresh? Hell yeah.

Lutherian

I love this game's journey :

- Bleah, it's 30 FPS ! For a racing game !!1! Naah, preorder cancelled !
- L0l ! Look at the non existant PS+ version ! Preocel cancelor !
- Ok, the weather effects are incredible.
- Free tracks DLC ? Best game ever.
- Why no one is buying this game ? It's the best on Earth !

The one that's no longer available is actually available, its just not for you because you currently have PS Plus. It's the regular $60 for non-members - its unavailable to make sure Plus members don't pay an unnecessary 10 extra bucks. You want the $50 Plus version and its yours to keep forever whether you keep your sub active or not.

I wanted to buy Driveclub digitally, but I see one that says no longer available and a version that says PS+ exclusive.PS+.
The only digital version is the PS+ version you mention.
What's the deal here? Will I lose access if my PS+ sub runs out?
No, should you buy the game and later leave PS+, you will still be able to play Driveclub.
Is it online only? I don't plan on keeping PS+.
No it is not "online only", you can play the tour and single events offline.

Nokterian

Alright, thanks. Better buy it quickly then.

Was going to wait for that 10% discount thing but oh well.

Dunno how long before everyone gets that 10% discount but yeah it is a steal now worth every penny.

Getting a steering wheel this week controller is nice but with steer and gas pedals i can do better then that.

GameSeeker

The post-launch support for DriveClub has been excellent and has made the season pass a good investment. I'm looking forward to the Japan tracks and the new cars.

Japanese tracks... and they're all free? Man, picking up Driveclub on a whim turned out to be incredibly beneficial in the end. It just gets better the more I play it, and now this.

Tommi84

Really excited about the tracks. A little bit less excited about marketing slightly changed car models as 'new ones'. And really disappointed by no Japan cars ;(

Waiting for tomorrow though! Gorgeus Sakura trees, here I come!

seabass0

Yup, it's definitely time to purchase Driveclub. Screw all this waiting for the PS Plus version.

I was in your boat (waiting) and then just decided to pull the trigger sometime around Christmas. No regrets...the game is incredible and these free updates just keep coming.

I'm still hopeful it comes out on PS+ soon because I want to join a club with my friends, but in the meantime I'm having a ton of fun going solo.

Ellite25

That's so cool they release tracks for free in SP and MP, but you have to buy the DLC if you want the tours for the campaign. I like that model a lot, good job Evolution.

Mabufu

Banned
Best racing game ever made is coming along. Evo you are such an amazing team. Sure you rare delivering the best we could expect from a Sony first party studio.

Insanely hyped for this. Just got back into it after a period of not having access to my ps4 and it's just as gorgeous and addicting still. I realised I got terrible at it though but oh well... Stoked to finally see what the teased 'stuff' is. This game just keeps getting better.

skelekey

This update looks phenomenal. That said, could I please have a Mustang (preferably Shelby or Boss) of some sort and a GTR in a future update. I would much appreciate it. If it could be managed, A Skyline circa 1999 to 2002 perhaps.

Oneself

This game does DLC right. Adding free stuff without the season pass is great. The new tracks look amazing... Well, the whole game is amazing.
Personally, I got the season pass before the actual game came out... So I'm more than ready for months of updates, cars and SP tours!!

What if they released a few tracks set in random locations around the world instead of basing several tracks in one location, if they were to do more in the future? The Jebel Hafeet Mountain road or Going to the Sun highway are great places to look for inspiration. I'd happily pay £10 for a set of such tracks, if they came with a few extra cars and a Tour for the set.

Love how wide these tracks are. Very different to all the others and should make for some great racing. Perfect addition to the game and I cannot wait to play.

That's so cool they release tracks for free in SP and MP, but you have to buy the DLC if you want the tours for the campaign. I like that model a lot, good job Evolution.
Agreed. I really like this model. I bought the game a week or so ago, and getting to play the tracks for free is a pretty solid method of convincing me of the value of the Season Pass. Still waiting on the Pass myself, but I think with this month's update, I'll be pulling the trigger!

Oneself

And if there ever was a new environment (won't happen), the only one we could realistically get is probably Hawaï if they kept all their references from Pacific Rift ;)

Top Bottom