• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne will support up to 5 players online.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
You could summon more than one person couldn't you?

I wouldn't know, i never summoned.

Maximum of two.

Something tells me this number of player co-op isn't going to be quite as cut and dry as 5 versus the level of what not. 3v2 would be wonderful.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
4 man gank squad

go

Geek

Ninny Prancer
Dark Souls 2's Scholar of the First Sin update will support up to 6

10-HighSpec-OnlinePlay.0.jpg

Auctopus

I hope this means that there's some more complex covenant stuff so it's not just Sunbros and white phantoms vs Red. There might be a new neutral party or something, I think all we know so far is it's based around who's infected with certain strains.

GulAtiCa

I believe Dark Souls 2 was 5 people online already I think. Or at least 4 people.

You could summon 2 people for help and get 1 or 2 invaders too I think, so you get 4 or 5. I can't remember if it was limited to 4 max or 5 max people.

2 summons 2 invaders and the host, same as the other souls games.

Can't you have 2 co-op partners and 2 invading in previous games?

I know you can have 3 co op and 2 gray spirits at least in Dark Souls 2.

up to 2

Sometimes you could get invaded by 2 people, so that makes the 5 online players.

This is not correct. I'm sure of it in dark souls and I'm sure this holds for dark souls 2.

In SOME dedicated areas that you could get invaded by more then one person you were limited to only summon one partner. in other areas if you already had 2 people summoned you were limited to have only one person invasions.

You're going to have to show me an example of there being more then 4 people playing at once, because I know for a fact I was unable to ever get 5 people in my game at once. I tried. A lot.

Edit: I am not sure about the PC versions though, but I'd imagine it's the same.

The co-op in bloodborne, is it more like dark souls or more of a traditional co-op system. Traditional in the sense you could just invite a friend to your game or join there's.

Nibel

I hope this won't a) have a too big impact on performance and b) that they use a better netcode than Dark Souls 2.

cakely

up to 2

Sometimes you could get invaded by 2 people, so that makes the 5 online players.

Yep, this. Summons + invasions = four players.

I've had the pleasure of being in a Dark Souls 2 party with two RL friends (we had skype). Getting invaded at that point is incredibly unfair, but also hilarious.

EDIT: I have never been in a game with more than 4 human players. I just assumed 5 was possible but it looks like it is not.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Not really. As of the alpha, there are no summon signs in Bloodborne. You ring a bell and someone may come to help you, you do not get to pick who it is. The PVP structure is unknown.

You can't pick who you summon? That's...quite a change.

Horns

Don't know much about the MP in the game, but it would be nice to stay with summoned players for long periods of time.

tcrunch

You can't pick who you summon? That's...quite a change.

Yeah, check :30 to 1:07 in this vid, note the effect that appears at the summoning player's feet (it's a little hard to see)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBZYDnvf2GY

The 4 items shown in the item bar are: (1) the bell to summon, (2) the bell to be summoned, (3) the magic bullet you shoot people with to make them go away, aka black separation crystal of BB, (4) notebook to leave messages.

Orayn

How does the multiplayer in Bloodborne even work? Similar to Demon Souls?

Sounds like it doesn't use signs this time. There's an item to put yourself in the co-op queue, and another to summon someone out of it. Dunno what the exact restrictions are, though I'd guess it's split up by character level and area like before.

We also know there is PvP and that killing players is one way to get pure blood, which is used to improve your character and become human again if you turn into a beast. <--(Not confirmed I guess.)

EDIT: There could still be other forms of summoning that we don't know about yet. I personally think some things From Software has said are hinting at the inclusion of co-op with friends.

tcrunch

We also know there is PvP and that killing players is one way to get pure blood, which is used to improve your character and become human again if you turn into a beast.

This was an unconfirmed, translated rumor from 2chan from many months ago, not exactly an official source.

geordiemp

Sounds like it doesn't use signs this time. There's an item to put yourself in the co-op queue, and another to summon someone out of it. Dunno what the exact reastrictions are, though I'd guess it's split up by character level and area like before.

We also know there is PvP and that killing players is one way to get pure blood, which is used to improve your character and become human again if you turn into a beast.

Whats up with these people, why cant I just invite a friend, would elevate the game in my eyes to insta buy.

One of the reasons I did not buy the Souls games, just wanted to invite 1 friend it just seemed such a chore reading about it I could not understand it. Seems crazy, we alone would of bought 2 copies for 2 consoles if it had decent coop. Sure we are not alone.

Ha, I wonder how this works.

What if there are factions where some are out to assassinate players, while others act as guardians?

Or actually, a 4v1 ganking sounds good to me too.

Just give me that demons souls grass (the vials look to be just like that) FROM and gankers will be having a hell of a time fighting invaders.

Like the Souls games, then.

Less 3v2 and more 1v1v1v1v1, please.

The arena in Dark Souls was really good for its 1v1v1v1 but its a shame that it was so rare to get a fight in it. If Bloodborne does have an arena they should add more incentives to fighting in it.

Not really. As of the alpha, there are no summon signs in Bloodborne. You ring a bell and someone may come to help you, you do not get to pick who it is. The PVP structure is unknown.

Seriously? That sounds terrible and like a step back from an already lackluster system unless there's still another way to get a specific friend to join you. This would be the first disappointing thing I've heard about the game so far if true. :/

Aikidoka

All this comes from Interviews with Miyazaki and gameplay footage:

The whole white/blue phantom stuff is gone. People who co-op with you just appear as their normal selves. Based on the Chalice Dungeon, I don't think a time-limit exists on the co-op (may still end after a Boss like always though).

The PvP though has been said to have been changed very much. There is no confirmation that normal Hunter v Hunter will actually exist (probably will, if i had to bet). HOWEVER, Miyazaki has said that there is a PvP that is very unique and different from any of the souls games. He has been light on the details, but the theory for right now will be that the PvP may be asymmetric - i.e. with one of the Hunters turning into a beast and the other having to slay it.

There's bad news for the "Fat Club". There is no armor in Bloodborne besides the leather coat set-up (i.e. no knight's armor, no havel's or anything like that). Though it will still be completely customizable. The reason for excluding metal armor is to keep with the authenticity of the Victorian era.

The whole atmosphere of Demons Souls and Dark Souls co-op was summoning for help and fighting alongside strangers.

Doesn't make this any less stupid if it's true. Removing something we had before that makes the game more fun for a lot of people just sounds like a bad idea. The most fun I've had in the series was playing through the whole game with one of my friends after playing through it solo. I'm ok with the bell being random, but we should still be able to summon a friend if we want via some other method.

Top Bottom